watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

well done Jol

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, October 07, 2012, 01:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

What does he have to do to get a chance with Fulham, no strikers named on the bench. Got to feel for Trotta who is consistently scoring.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 07, 2012, 01:15:39 PM
What does he have to do to get a chance with Fulham, no strikers named on the bench. Got to feel for Trotta who is consistently scoring.

im with you, when is he going to get a chance if not when 2 strikers injured... such a tidy finisher

Admin

Sorry mate but from what I see of him pre-season, he's is far from cutting it in the first team. He seems to score for the reserves, under 21's etc but is pony at first team level. I understand what you're saying about not being given the chance, we have no strikers on the bench etc but Jol obviously has his doubts.  

Deanothefulhamfan

I just think he banged in two goals on Friday, his confidence will be high, and what harm will it have by just naming him in the squad.... we have NO strikers on the bench.

Jol obviously doesnt think he is ready for the first team, then why not get him out in loan?

Deanothefulhamfan

Bradstow

Give him a chance - he will only prove he is ready for the first team if he plays. If he has no future why do we keep him?
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Rupert

A couple of us were chatting about him on Friday during the game, based on Friday and previous matches that we've seen him play, the conclusion was he is probably league one or two level. Too many bad decisions, passes when he should shoot and vice-versa, poor first touch. Slinging him on in a Premiership match would probably destroy his confidence.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Admin

Did you honest expect anything different? I mean, no Petric', no Berbatov a make shift midfield and no fire power. I like Hugo but he's not an out and out striker and the idea of Ruiz becoming a striker for this game almost made me have a heart attack.

I know we've improved some what but we're still in a mess. That side is crap and I can't believe people thought we'd get anything out of this.

Deanothefulhamfan

Im not a fan of rodallega as you are probably aware, we need to get the ball to kaka as he is our main threat.

Ruiz needs to step up to the plate when Berbatov is not playing.... he has the class, just needs to show it.

Our defence is awful, which is what worrys me. But on the flip side Southampton have the worst defence in the league. Keep the faith

Deanothefulhamfan

Rupert, whilst I have not seen many games he has played in, do you not think he is trying to hard so he can get a chance. He bangs in the goals for the development squad, and did the same when he went on loan to wycombe. He is still young and still learning....

With the class of Duff, Ruiz around him Im sure it would benefit him. He deserves a chance at the very least.

Admin

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 07, 2012, 01:53:49 PM
Im not a fan of rodallega as you are probably aware, we need to get the ball to kaka as he is our main threat.

Ruiz needs to step up to the plate when Berbatov is not playing.... he has the class, just needs to show it.

Our defence is awful, which is what worrys me. But on the flip side Southampton have the worst defence in the league. Keep the faith

I'm not a Ruiz lover. I think the guy is pony and is a waste of 10 million quid. He's one of those that will never grasp the physical side of the Premiership and in turn, will never step up. Rodallega is at least busy, he gives defences something to think about. 

Rupert

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 07, 2012, 01:58:08 PM
Rupert, whilst I have not seen many games he has played in, do you not think he is trying to hard so he can get a chance. He bangs in the goals for the development squad, and did the same when he went on loan to wycombe. He is still young and still learning....

With the class of Duff, Ruiz around him Im sure it would benefit him. He deserves a chance at the very least.

He does try, I am not having a go at him for effort or anything like that. I simply believe he lacks the ability. This is not his fault, and nothing for him to be ashamed of, I think Wycombe may well be the level he should be playing at.
He isn't really that young any more, is he? If he was sixteen or seventeen, then yes, give him more time. Now? Start looking at where he can continue his career, and the price we can get for him. If he turns out to be a late developer, then good for him and whoever he goes to, but I have serious doubts.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...Rupert said "the conclusion was he is probably league one or two level. Too many bad decisions, passes when he should shoot and vice-versa, poor first touch", this is my conclusion exactly, he flatters to deceive. I understand what you are saying re playing around with class players but we said that about Zat Knight. A good player at a different level, but not premier league standard...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok this makes sense with what you are saying, but has he recently not just extended his contract? Why would Jol keep him if he had no plans for him?

To be honest, we have nothing else....

keith

Admin,i make you right.I keep thinking Ruiz is going to come good.......I`m still waiting.Deano.....You`re right too.Kaca seems to be our only hope,but,as you say,where`s Trotta?.The defence are,shall we say,having a day.Let`s hope we improve in the second half COYW.

craig10

i have just posted in another topic mentioning the fact people will jump on Hugo. i find that almost funny.. what do you expect from him when all that is happening is 40 - 60 yard balls in behind to him or Duff? Ruiz is in the role to drop get it to his feet he then creates but his touch is sloppy and his vision requires 5 mins of time on the ball before he sees anything. you can not blame an "off the shoulder" striker for the lack of ability in the middle.

i would like to add i actually rate Ruiz and like him but he MUST show more and think a bit quicker.... unfortunately i just dont think he can play just infront of sidwell and Baird. he requires a player such as Diarra or Dembele (he seems to trust them more)

Deanothefulhamfan

take off our main threat....and to bring on Richardson.... JOKER

Admin

General

Just scored.... well, kinda... :/

General