watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Suprise package of the season?

Started by General, October 08, 2012, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

they've played 7 games and got 8 points already. They've played Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City already and got three points losing to chelsea by 1 goal.

To have that many points after having most of their initial games against the hardest teams in the league (they've got Man Utd next), must be something worth noticing, no matter what their brand of football is... That's right, it's stoke city... Anyone else think they're a team to look out for, albeit sadly...

Any others?

AlFayedsChequebook

They have had a tough run but they also excel at playing a close, physical, defensive game so none of those fixtures should hold that much fear.

It will be interesting to see what they do when they have to be more pro-active.

The surprise package, for me, has been West Brom. They have had a good mix of games and are playing solid attacking football. I thought they would struggle but it would not surprise me to see them finish comfortably in the top 10

BalDrick

I haven't wasted one second of my life watching Stoke this season yet but I'd be willing to bet they're just doing what they always do, basically play rugby league and somehow get away with it.

As for football teams, agree above re West Brom (who we made look extremely ordinary - us good or them bad travellers?) and would also mention Everton, perennially bad starters. Will be far from unhappy to see them finish above their neighbours again.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Jambo

How about a team the has scored more goals than anyone beside Man Utd. Have been ravaged by injuries, had to sell 2 of their best players in the last few days of the window, have only narrowly lost to Man Utd and Man City but have still managed to amassed 10 points including a convincing win against a very in form West Brom.  Surprise package??? Could be us.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Berserker

Agree, thought we'd struggle more than we have. Just show what might have been, but we will always have problems keeping hold of players like the Dems, sad but true
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Jambo on October 08, 2012, 12:24:40 PM
How about a team the has scored more goals than anyone beside Man Utd. Have been ravaged by injuries, had to sell 2 of their best players in the last few days of the window, have only narrowly lost to Man Utd and Man City but have still managed to amassed 10 points including a convincing win against a very in form West Brom.  Surprise package??? Could be us.

You'd never guess it listening to MOD2, just watched it on video and after the game in the post match analysis after talking about Southampton  Murray said lets talk about Fulham, Lawrenson said 'Fulham were awful first half' then proceeded to talk about Southampton's defence, again Murray said lets talk about Fulham announcing Fulham teams ave age was 30 and then went onto talk about all players being healthier now.

The Match commentator when going through the line ups said these are the games Adkins would have looked at the fixture list and will be expecting to pick up points. We are flying so low under the radar at the moment we could be confused with a submarine

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

tommy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 08, 2012, 11:10:41 AM
They have had a tough run but they also excel at playing a close, physical, defensive game so none of those fixtures should hold that much fear.

It will be interesting to see what they do when they have to be more pro-active.

The surprise package, for me, has been West Brom. They have had a good mix of games and are playing solid attacking football. I thought they would struggle but it would not surprise me to see them finish comfortably in the top 10
+1

Burt

Everton have had a decent start too.

Riverside

Everyone doing well cannot surely be a surprise ?

My vote goes for WBA on the upside . And while we are at it Liverpool on the downside - didn't think they could be poorer than last season .