more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(10/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 10, 2012, 04:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Richardson Accepts Blame

It could be said it was just one of those things!

When Kieran Richardson was penalized, late-on, down at Southampton, moments after the referee hadn`t given us a free-kick, their was the chance that the ball delivered into the box could have been dealt with and we`d have escaped with a 2-1 win.

But that didn`t happen, fate conspired that Jose Fonte would get his second of the game with our defence looking a little static.

Richardson, who earlier on had scored his first goal for Fulham, owned up to his error afterwards, remarking,

"I was a bit disappointed with the equalizer."

"I gave away a free kick which they scored from. Someone of my experience should have dealt with the situation better."

Don`t let it eat you up mate, sh*t happens as they say!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=296099#ixzz28rbadgTg

WhiteJC

Aston Villa Sold Out

The Club is delighted to confirm that tickets for the Whites next home match against Aston Villa have now sold out.

Fulham fans will be hoping to see the Whites get back to winning ways at the Cottage, following our agonisingly late defeat to Manchester City back in September.

Whilst all match tickets have been sold for this fixture, there are a range of hospitality packages still available for supporters wishing to watch this game.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/09/aston-villa-sold-out?

WhiteJC

Tavares looking forward to Jol link-up at Fulham
The midfielder, who worked under the Dutchman at Hamburg, has signed a short-term deal at Craven Cottage after being released by the German club during the summer

Getty Images

New Fulham signing Mickael Tavares has expressed his eagerness at linking up with Martin Jol at Craven Cottage.

The 29-year-old was signed on a short-term deal on Friday after being released by Hamburg in the summer and reconnects with the Dutchman after their brief spell working together at the German club.

Tavares, a Senegal international who plays as a defensive midfielder, featured for Fulham's Under-21 side against Chelsea Under-21s on Friday in a bid to improve his match fitness ahead of the club's next Premier League fixture at home to Aston Villa on October 20.

"My agent called me to say he'd spoken with the coach, with Martin Jol, who I worked with in Hamburg," the midfielder told his new club's official website.

"After the injury to Mahamadou Diarra, Fulham needed another player in midfield so they called me and asked me to come for a few days to see if I was fit.

"I am looking forward to working with Martin Jol again. He brought me to Hamburg but he didn't stay for long as he moved to Ajax, so I'm very happy to see him again and I want to thank him for giving me the chance to play in the Premier League and show everybody what I can do.

"I think it's the dream for everybody to play in the Premier League. I was at Middlesbrough in the Championship and that was a good experience but the Premier League is something else so I'm very happy to be here.

"I'm on a short-term deal so while I'm here I want to put in some good performances to try and convince people that I deserve a longer contract."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/09/3438141/-?

WhiteJC

Manchester United target Fulham centre-back Hangeland

According to reports Manchester United are interested in Fulham defender Brede Hangeland.

The People claims United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is keen on the Norwegian defender.

It is understood that a move may be on the cards in the January transfer window.

It is understood Ferguson is assessing his centre-back options given he has lost Nemanja Vidic and Phil Jones for some time and that Chris Smalling still needing games as he returns from injury.

It is believed that the Scot sees the 31-year-old as experienced back-up until his stars return.

Read more at http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1217681-manchester-united-target-fulham-centre-back-hangeland.html?#vJhW73ofYCB2guMp.99

JBH

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 10, 2012, 04:38:32 AM

Manchester United target Fulham centre-back Hangeland

According to reports Manchester United are interested in Fulham defender Brede Hangeland.

The People claims United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is keen on the Norwegian defender.

It is understood that a move may be on the cards in the January transfer window.

It is understood Ferguson is assessing his centre-back options given he has lost Nemanja Vidic and Phil Jones for some time and that Chris Smalling still needing games as he returns from injury.

It is believed that the Scot sees the 31-year-old as experienced back-up until his stars return.

Read more at http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1217681-manchester-united-target-fulham-centre-back-hangeland.html?#vJhW73ofYCB2guMp.99

Obviously he didn't see Brede play on Sunday fp.gif

WhiteJC

Fulham boss confident he will have money to spend in January

Fulham manager Martin Jol is confident that chairman Mohamed al Fayed will allow money to be spent in January if he needs it.

The Whites made a £22million profit in the summer and could invest in their squad, should the Dutchman see fit to.

"He [al Fayed] said before the season you can spend the same amount as last year and we sold for over £30million and only bought for £8m.

"So I am 100 per cent certain he knows there is a lot in the kitty."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_confident_he_will_have_money_to_spend_in_january_1_1650887

WhiteJC

Opta Evaluation

Fulham fans may feel aggrieved at having to settle for a solitary point on Sunday against Southampton when we were minutes from securing a second consecutive away victory, but the Opta statistics reflect a relatively even game between the two sides.

While we bossed possession (58.1 per cent), the home team managed one more shot than us as they racked up 14 attempts, with four of those on target compared to our three goal-bound efforts.

Crosses from the wide areas proved vital at St Mary's, with both of Southampton's goals coming from set-pieces, while it was good work from Sascha Riether down Fulham's right that helped create our two goals.

Both teams got 26 crosses in, with Damien Duff proving our most effective wide-man with eight crosses – the winger just eclipsed by Saints' Adam Lallana who sent in nine deliveries.

Southampton managed 10 more tackles (22) than the Whites which proved essential from our hosts' point of view considering how much less they saw of the ball. The Saints did narrowly manage more attacking passes – 181 to our 173 – but Martin Jol's side dominated the overall passing statistics, attempting to find a teammate 155 times more than the boys in red did.

As ever, Brede Hangeland was a huge aerial presence, winning five headers. Southampton had several players who won two battles in the air; unfortunately one of those was Jose Fonte who notched a goal each time he got himself on the end of a cross.

Check out all the stats from Sunday's game in our Match Centre.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/09/opta-evaluation?

WhiteJC

Neil's Loan Joy

It is common knowledge that Fulham Football Club is blessed with an array of talented goalkeepers.

22-year-old Neil Etheridge currently finds himself below the established duo of Mark Schwarzer and David Stockdale in the pecking order, and so the Philippines international has been given the chance of first team football at Bristol Rovers.

Neil had just 90 minutes of competitive action under his belt prior to his one-month loan deal at the Memorial Stadium – in the UEFA Europa League with Fulham last year - and the 'keeper is enjoying his current run of games in the npower League Two.

"You play football to play week-in, week-out," he told fulhamfc.com. "Not all the time is that going to happen for you but I'm loving my time at the moment playing twice a week – you can't beat the feeling of stepping out onto that pitch on a Saturday afternoon.

"Since I joined, we've had a draw, two wins and a loss, so I'm pretty happy with that. In all honesty I'm not sure how many points they had before I came but we can't be far off doubling it now."

Etheridge does himself a disservice there. Rovers had just three points on the board from six games when he arrived – they now have 10 from 10.

"I've been really impressed with how we've been playing," Neil said. "They're a good bunch of lads and we've had a few new additions to the team as well so we need to make sure we keep the ball rolling.

"We had a bit of an upset last week when we lost 1-0 [at home to Cheltenham Town] but we bounced back at the weekend so we're looking forward to the next match where we'll be expecting to get at least a point [away to Burton Albion]."

Etheridge has been an instant hit with Pirates' fans after a string of impressive displays, and the young stopper confesses he is pleased with the form he's showing as he tastes league football for the first time.

"I had a clean sheet on my debut, we won the second game 2-1 and I haven't been at fault for any of the goals," he said. "We've got seven points since I signed and in my third game in league football I put in a Man of the Match performance so I think I've impressed.

"I know the fans there and the manager and the staff have warmed to me quite nicely so that's helped me to settle in. I'm obviously still a Fulham player but it's nice to be playing league football."

Now two-thirds of the way through his loan stint in Bristol, Etheridge admits that he would be happy to extend his deal at Rovers, but is not looking too far ahead.

"I've got two more games – this weekend and the weekend after and then that's the end of my loan," he explained.

"At the moment I'm just looking from game to game. As long as I'm at Bristol Rovers then I'll do all I can for them. If they want to extend the loan then that's their decision. I just get on the pitch and do my job and if they want to extend it then they'll extend it."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/10/neils-loan-joy?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss not fretting over potential injuries on international duty, yet

Fulham manager Martin Jol will not worry about any potential injuries to his players while they are on international duty until the Thursday before the game with Aston Villa.

While the Dutchman hopes that his charges will avoid any fitness concerns during their time with their national sides, it is not going to be in the forefront of his mind.

"I start worrying two day before the match," Jol said.

"Let them play and enjoy themselves and I will enjoy myself.

"I will start worrying the Thursday before the match."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_not_fretting_over_potential_injuries_on_international_duty_yet_1_1590622

WhiteJC

Billy's Twilight Walk

Fans and fundraisers are invited to join our Mascot, Billy the Badger, for a sponsored walk in aid of Shooting Star CHASE and Fulham FC Foundation.

The event starts at Fulham FC's Training Ground in Motspur Park and ends at the iconic Craven Cottage on the banks of the Thames, taking place on Saturday 13th October.
The scenic stroll is a total distance of seven miles, achievable by all, and begins at 3pm. Participants will be accompanied on the walk by Fulham FC's very own Billy the Badger. We are expecting to complete the route by approximately 7.30pm, where on arrival at Craven Cottage all those taking part will be welcomed by Fulham FC and have the opportunity for refreshments at the stadium.

Participants are asked to contribute a joining fee of £10 for adults and £5 for children and raise a minimum of £50 sponsorship per entrant, with all proceeds being split equally between Shooting Star CHASE and Fulham Football Club Foundation.

Shooting Star CHASE, the local children's hospice service, supports families with a child or teenager not expected to reach their 19th birthday. The charity currently helps over 600 families within 38 boroughs in West London, Surrey and West Sussex. By providing expert care at two children's hospices - Christopher's in Guildford and Shooting Star House in Hampton, Middlesex - families can receive the essential support they need.

This brand new event is the first of a new partnership between Fulham Football Club and Shooting Star CHASE, which was announced at the club's recent fixture against West Bromwich Albion in September.

The partnership aims to raise vital funds to support Shooting Star CHASE's hospice at home service, which provides expert care to families with a life-limited child or teenager in their own homes, as well as funds to support all areas of Fulham FC Foundation's work.

Places for this event are limited so to join in please sign up today at http://ffctwilightstroll.eventbrite.com

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/10/charity?

WhiteJC

Barnet Deal Confirmed

It is something we covered not too long ago but something that, in a scarce time for news, we feel we can slightly enlarge upon.

We reported on how Collins John, a forward who was tipped for bright things whilst on our books, had found himself a new home.

Still only twenty-six years of age, Collins has struggled to make an impact in recent years and will attempt to resurrect this career at Barnet, now that international clearance for the move has been received.

Here at Vital Fulham we`d like to wish him all the best.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=296167#ixzz28uHgYjHn

WhiteJC

The Wardrobe

Watching Papa Bouba Diop play was always an enjoyable experience.

He may not have been blessed with the skill levels some players possess but you could never fault his endeavour, his enterprise and his commitment to the cause.

Indeed his physical size used to see him terrorize opponents and more than once the opposition came off second best in crunching one-on-one situations.

Therefore, after being released by West Ham United in the summer, I`m pleaded that Papa has found himself a new club in England, even if it is only a month long deal with Birmingham City, once his visa arrives.

Go for it Papa!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=296168#ixzz28uHskkka

WhiteJC

We've Won It One Time: Fulham are in with a wing and a prayer

An Fulham fan's view of the emerging battle for the attacking wide positions

Hello and welcome to the first of my weekly blogs on everything Fulham. Seeing as this is the first, I feel as though I should give you a bit of background to myself: I'm Will, long-term fan (sufferer) of Fulham, all-time admirer of Brian McBride and wonderer at Papa Bouba Diop's last minute unleashing of an entire wardrobe full of power to beat a hapless Roy Carroll in 2004. So yeah, that's me. Onto the blog.

It's a shame about the match at Southampton on Sunday. Putting aside a thoroughly dreadful first half, in which we didn't deserve anything but a good, old-fashioned thrashing, we can feel somewhat unhappy at the draw.

We were greatly improved in the second half, showing some of the flowing moves that we are capable of, with one of those leading to an excellent cross back from Sascha Riether to find Kieran Richardson to hammer home his first Fulham goal.

Fulham's Damien Duff (right) in action against Southampton.
Photo credit: Chris Ison/PA wire

At 2-1 it looked like the win was sealed. That was until Mark Clattenburg performed his routine ritual of putting in a shocking refereeing performance when in charge of a Fulham match (he'll never be forgiven, in my eyes, for preventing Fulham from their best FA Cup run in recent years and a real chance to reach Wembley back in 2010!). Nothing can be done about that however, so a 2-2 draw was fair overall.

But what interested me more was the depth of wingers that we seem to possess, not only at the match, but also in general at the club.

On Sunday we possessed the luxury of having four: Alex Kacaniklic and Damien Duff, who both started, and on the bench, Richardson and Pajtim Kasami (arguably being used as winger this season).

They are great options to start with and are wide men that can do damage against any team with the pace, skill, trickery and natural ability they all possess.

However, this week the race for those berths took a significant step up in competition. Whereas Kacaniklic and Duff had started the season as first choices, simply because there was no-one else (Ashkan Dejagah and Richardson had not signed, Kerim Frei was injured and Clint Dempsey was being a moody so and so). That is of no detriment to them of course – they have both taken to the role with much aplomb, especially the impressive Kacaniklic, who looks like he might be quite a talent.

This week, however, marked the return of both Frei and Dejagah, both playing in the 3-1 under-21 win over Chelsea, as well as marking a significant increase in the intensity of the race for the two available positions.

Fulham's Kieran Richardson runs away to celebrate scoring the second goal at Southampton.
Photo credit: Adam Davy/PA wire

Each player has his own quality. Duff and Kacaniklic have both been fantastic - scoring, assisting and have been assured so far. Frei has an undeniable level of skill and pace that will one day take him to the top of the Premier League, his destruction of Branislav Ivanovic in the 1-1 draw with Chelski last season highlights that.

Richardson comes off the back of a number of successful seasons with Sunderland, where his pace and attacking intensity impressed me.

Dejagah may be an unfamiliar name to most Fulham fans, but for those who watched Wolfsburg last season, he is a player that was greeted with much applause at the announcement of his signing.

Ashkan Dejagah in action for Wolfsburg.
Photo credit: Tony Marshall/EMPICS

Ten assists and three goals last season, in just 26 appearances, arguably led to him being the German side's player of the season and a firm fan favourite.

It will be interesting to see how Martin Jol handles the situation. Does he stick with the form and talent of Kacaniklic and Duff, does he move for the undeniable talent of Frei and increase his exposure to first-team football, does he move for the experience of Richardson or does he move for the exciting, pacey and direct approach of Dejagah?

Fulham's Kerim Frei.
Photo credit: Joe Giddens/EMPICS

If you were to ask me, I would have to stick with Duff and Kacaniklic, but allow Frei, Richardson and Dejagah plenty of opportunities to impress and try to wrestle the position from the tight grips of the former two.

You simply cannot drop players that are playing well, but you cannot prevent such an array of talent from playing.

By keeping the current pairing, but allowing the others their chance, you force every player to step up their game, and that can only mean good things for the squad.

The competition between these five footballers will be a fantastic competition to watch, and with it will come the best of each one.

The surplus of fantastic wing talents is a headache to Jol, but one that he will be more than happy to have.

With such a vast array of flair, the strikers will get plenty of service, and with the likes of Dimitar Berbatov, Mladen Petric and Rodallega up front, wil get chances they'll happily tuck away.

The depth in wingers is profound, and something that will serve Fulham well this season. This could be a fantastic season for attacking and I look forward to sitting back and watching them duel for a first team slot.

We could just see some of the best wing play we have ever seen at the Cottage.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/we_ve_won_it_one_time_fulham_are_in_with_a_wing_and_a_prayer_1_1651394

WhiteJC

Fulham U14 Coach Breaks Down 'The Final 3rd'
by LRCN on OCTOBER 10, 2012

A cool little insight from Youth To Pro Soccer, a website dedicated for coaching and playing, featuring our U14 coach Dan Thomas, who holds a UEFA A licence in which he breaks down part of the coaching for the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. It's pretty cool to see the kind of thing that goes on in our Academy. (For larger text & images see the original article: here)

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/10/fulham-u14-coach-breaks-down-the-final-3rd/?

WhiteJC

Everton Tickets

Tickets for the Whites' home match against Aston Villa are already sold out and tickets for Fulham v Everton are now limited.

The Toffees visit Craven Cottage on Saturday 3rd November (3pm) and now is the time to buy yours if you haven't already.

A limited number of tickets remain available in the Hammersmith and Putney Ends, priced at £40 for adults and £20 for juniors.

You can buy your tickets online at fulhamfc.com/tickets or by calling the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/10/everton-tickets?