more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (11/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 11, 2012, 04:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Jol expects big January transfer kitty
The Dutch manager has overseen the departure of a number of key players, but hopes chairman Mohamed Al-Fayed will be prepared to reinvest that money in the next window

Martin Jol is confident that Fulham will have money to spend in January should they need it.

The Cottagers currently sit in ninth place in the Premier League, and the Dutch manager believes funds will be provided by Mohamed Al-Fayed should he request them.

"He [Al-Fayed] said before the season you can spend the same amount as last year and we sold for over £30 million and only bought for £8m," Jol told London24.

"So I am 100 per cent certain he knows there is a lot in the kitty."

Fulham sold Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey for over £20m during the final days of the summer window, leaving Jol little time to reinvest.

The west London club also made a significant profit on Bobby Zamora last January, and released a number of high earners, such as Danny Murphy and Pavel Pogbrebnyak, off the wage bill during the off-season.

As such, Jol is hopeful that owner Al-Fayed will use those funds to provide a significant transfer budget to spend in the coming transfer window.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/10/3439933/-?

WhiteJC

Arsenal Away

The Whites travel to the Emirates Stadium on Saturday 10th November 2012 and tickets are available from Thursday 11th October (Max 1 ticket per person).

Tickets go on sale exclusively to Season Ticket Holders with 215+ Loyalty Points at 9am on Thursday 11th October. Season Ticket Holders with 170+ Loyalty Points will have access to tickets from Friday 12th October with remaining Season Ticket Holders able to buy from 9am on Monday 15th October.

Members with 125+ Loyalty Points will be given access to tickets from 9am on Wednesday 17th October, with all other Members able to buy from 9am on Thursday 18th October.

Tickets are priced at £35.50 for adults and £14.50 for juniors. Find out more and buy online.

All tickets are subject to availability, terms and conditions apply.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/10/arsenal-away?

WhiteJC

Spireites make high-profile signing

Chesterfield have made a high-profile signing, securing the services of former Arsenal, Fulham and West Ham winger Luis Boa Morte.

The Portuguese star has initially agreed a deal to join Chesterfield until the end of January, although he has not ruled-out the possibility of staying at the Proact Stadium beyond then.

Boa Morte, 35, opened talks with the Spireites following a chance meeting in London with his former Fulham team-mate Mark Crossley, who is assistant to Chesterfield caretaker-manager Tommy Wright.

"He asked me if I'd fancy coming up to Chesterfield and it went from there," said Boa Morte. "The most important thing for me now is to play football and get going again. I'll be here until the end of January  but that doesn't mean that I won't stay until the end of the season."

Caretaker-manager Wright is delighted to have landed a player of Boa Morte's pedigree. He said: "To have a player of Luis' quality coming to Chesterfield is a fantastic coup for us. It's great that a player of his ability wants to play football.
The financial aspect of the deal was no worry - he just wanted to come and play."

Since arriving in this country from Portuguese side Sporting CP, Boa Morte has made more than 300 appearances in English football over a 14-year period.

He was a 'double' winner in 1998 with Arsenal, where he was one of Arsene Wenger's first signings as manager of the Gunners.

After a brief stint with Southampton, Boa Morte moved across London to Fulham were he firmly established himself as a favourite amongst the Craven Cottage faithful, picking up the club's Player of the Season award in the 2004/2005 campaign.

In 2007, West Ham paid around £5million for his services and he spent four-and-a-half years at Upton Park before leaving by mutual consent in August 2011.

Boa Morte, who has represented Portugal on 28 occasions, has been training with Fulham of late following brief spells with South African club Orlando Pirates and MLS outfit Toronto FC.

Subject to the club receiving international clearance in time, Boa Morte will be available for Saturday's game at home to Dagenham & Redbridge.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/article/20121010-spireites-make-high-profile-signing-420067.aspx?pageView=full

WhiteJC

Fulham Boss Martin Jol Eyeing £22m January Spending Spree

Dutchman keen to spend summer profits when transfer window re-opens.

Fulham boss Martin Jol says he is confident he will have a significant kitty for new signings when the transfer window re-opens in January.

The Cottagers made a £22m profit this summer after selling star midfielders Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey to London rivals Tottenham in late August.

Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu also left for Blackburn, leaving Dutch tactician Jol short of bodies in midfield.

The former Spurs boss is confident, however, that he will be given the go-ahead to spent the profits by chairman Mohamed al Fayed.

"He said before the season you can spend the same amount as last year and we sold for over £30 million and only bought for £8 million," Jol is quoted as saying by ESPN.

"So I am 100 per cent certain he knows there is a lot on the kitty."

Jol's major summer signing was that of Dimitar Berbatov from Manchester United, while Mladen Petric, Kieran Richardson and Hugo Rodallega were also among the new arrivals in West London.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/10/10/fulham-boss-martin-jol-eyeing-22m-january-spending-spree/?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss believes veteran is one of the best he has worked with

Fulham manager Martin Jol has hailed Mark Schwarzer as one of the best goalkeepers he has worked with.

The Australian is on international duty where the Socceroos face Iraq on October 16.

Despite turning 40 last weekend, the stopper is still on top form and is not giving young understudy David Stockdale a sniff at the number one shirt.

"He's one of the best goalkeepers I have ever seen," Jol said.

"Sometimes you feel that defenders or goalkeepers should be perfect and they are human beings.

"The second goal [at Southampton] was probably not his fault."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_believes_veteran_is_one_of_the_best_he_has_worked_with_1_1590616

WhiteJC

Fulham boost over Duff decision

Damien Duff

MARTIN Jol admitted Damien Duff's decision to quit international football is a weight off his mind.

The Fulham winger opted to retire from the Republic of Ireland side after gaining his 100th cap in this summer's European Championships.

Duff, 33, has started the campaign on fire, with three goals in seven games – already more than last season's total in the Premier League.

Fulham lost midfielder Mahamadou Diarra to injury while away on international duty last month, and Jol says Duff's decision to retire is one less thing for him to worry about.

"Of course, there's always a risk of an injury when you play these games," said the Dutchman.

"I think he's got to100 games and he decided to call it a day, so I won't say I'm happy he did that but it's certainly got a few advantages."

However, he reckons Duff's flying start to the season has nothing to do with missing out on international fixtures.

The Dubliner made a massive 56 appearances for club and country last year, but Jol insists he has no worries about his fitness.

He added: "I feel there's no difference with Damien [whether he plays for Ireland or not].

"We played a lot of games in Europe and I could always play him. When you get a bit older you normally give them a rest but I needed them all the time."

Jol will be hoping for a clean bill health when his players return from international duty next week ahead of the home clash with Aston Villa.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/10/11/82029-32012378/?#ixzz2900jKn9P

WhiteJC

Bad Night For Darts

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Betinelli and Dartford remain in the Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off places, despite a heavy 4-1 defeat to AFC Telford on Tuesday.

The Darts fell behind on 35 minutes when Steve Jones drilled home and the same player scored the second moments later, curling in from 25 yards.

Luke Hubbins made it 3-0 on 55 and Phil Trainer struck their fourth from 30 yards out on 69, before Elliot Bradbrook nodded a consolation for the hosts.

The loss ended Dartford's run of five home victories and the Kent outfit will be looking to bounce back this Saturday (3pm) when they travel to Barrow.

Elsewhere, Dan Burn and Yeovil Town saw their Football League Trophy Southern Section Second Round trip to Torquay United postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Yeovil host Bury in League One on Saturday (3pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/10/bad-night-for-darts?

WhiteJC

Sunderland Special Offers

Fulham face Sunderland on Sunday 18th November (4pm) and tickets are available on General Sale.

The Whites ran out 2-1 winners against Martin O'Neill's side in the final home game of the 2011/12 season and will be looking for another positive result this time around.

There are some fantastic special offers for our Season Ticket Holders and Members for this match:

Two Mates for £5 Each
Season Ticket Holders are able to purchase two additional tickets in the Putney End for just £5 each! This offer has proved very popular and only a limited number of £5 tickets remain available. Be sure to buy yours today before it's too late. These tickets can be purchased online or by calling the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Option 1).

Members save £5
Our Fulham Members can save £5 on up to two tickets for this match. This special offer applies to all areas of the ground and will expire 10 days before the fixture. Buy online or call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Option 1).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/11/sunderland-special-offers?