watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - goal celebrations

Started by Herbie, October 12, 2012, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

Just been watching a programme on Sky Sports about Beckenbauer as a player and from all the archive footage it struck me that the vogue goal celebration of the late 60s and early 70s seemed to be the both hands up with a little jump or skip in the air.

In my school days I tended to opt for a Shearer-eqsue one arm up and a big smile.

It got me thinking what is the best goal celebration that you have seen?

What are your most memorable Fulham celebrations?

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

HatterDon

The first player in England [that I know of] to celebrate his goals was Denis Law. There's a video of him somewhere with the ball held in his left hand with his right in the air [trademark]. He's gets this bemused look on his face and volleyball serves the ball into oblivion.

Love it.

For Fulham, it's McBride sacking Murphy at Portsmouth. Always will be for me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whitby Fulham

Marco Tardelli Celebration
This must be the best ever he was reported to be shouting goal and his own name.

Herbie

Ah, Sean Davis, one of my favourite players.  I was gutted when I heard that he had to hang up his boots.

Apologies if i get this wrong as it's my first attempt at embedding clips but here are some memorable celebrations.

Roger Milla - World Cup 1990

In looking for clips of Klinsmann's dive I came across this:

Best Premier League Celebrations

However, my craziest personal goal celebration came after this, just because of what it meant....

Fulham vs Hamburg - Gera goal

Herbie

Quote from: HatterDon on October 13, 2012, 05:07:02 PM
For Fulham, it's McBride sacking Murphy at Portsmouth. Always will be for me.

I think that game was the first time that my wife realised just how important football is to me as she had to endure watching the game with me in the pub. 

It is also the first time that I've full on hugged a random person in celebration...the sheer relief, followed by the most nerve-wracking wait for the final whistle.