more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (13/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 13, 2012, 04:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Philippe Senderos impressed by Fulham displays

Fulham defender Philippe Senderos has been impressed by the way his team-mates have started the campaign after a summer of upheaval.

Mousa Dembele, Clint Dempsey, Pavel Pogrebnyak and Danny Murphy were amongst the key players to depart Craven Cottage, leaving manager Martin Jol with a rebuilding job on his hands.

However, the likes of Dimitar Berbatov, Mladen Petric and Kieran Richardson have come in and helped Fulham make a better start than many had expected given the circumstances.

The west Londoners currently lie ninth in the Barclays Premier League and Senderos, who has been forced to watch from the sidelines through injury, has been impressed by his team-mates.

"It has been a pretty good start and we're really happy with it," he told Press Association Sport.

"Hopefully we can build on the good start and continue like this.

"We've lost a few players and replaced them really with players that are hungry and they want to do well.

"The team has responded really well in the first game and hopefully, for me personally, I can get my chance and grab it and be in the team."

Senderos has not featured so far this season due to a foot injury, but has made two appearances for the reserves.

The Switzerland international was also named on the bench for Fulham's 2-2 draw at Southampton and is targeting a place back in Jol's defence.

"I am available for selection so hopefully I will start again very soon," Senderos said.

"It is nice to be back. I've been training and with the reserves I have played my second game.

"I am really happy, I am really pleased. The sensations are good.

"I am pleased the team is doing well in my absence as well so it is good.

"I love my job so whatever conditions, whatever weather, I am blessed to do what I do."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/philippe-senderos-impressed-by-fulham-displays-8209521.html

WhiteJC

Fighting Fit

Philippe Senderos is ready and waiting for his First Team call after battling back to fitness from a foot injury.

The central defender has yet to feature for Martin Jol's side this term after suffering the problem in the summer, with the injury also robbing him of the chance to represent Switzerland in the Olympic Games.

But he has fought back from the issue, playing 45 minutes as the Under-21s defeated Manchester City, before starting the first half as Kit Symons' side beat Chelsea 3-1 at the Cottage last Friday.

"It's nice to be back," said Senderos. "I've been training with the reserves so that was my second game. I'm really happy, I'm really pleased. The sensations are good."

The clash with Chelsea was played in appalling weather conditions in SW6 as torrential rain lashed down.

Senderos, though, was just pleased to be back on the field, having had a rotten run of luck with injuries over the past few seasons.

He stated: "I love my job so whatever conditions, whatever weather, I'm blessed to do what I do."

So impressed was Jol with Senderos' return, that the Manager even selected the former Arsenal man on the substitutes' bench for last weekend's 2-2 draw at Southampton.

And the 27-year-old, who joined Fulham in June 2010, is now hoping to play his part for Fulham in the coming weeks, although he admits he has a battle on his hands to oust the impressive Aaron Hughes and Brede Hangeland from the starting XI.

"I'm pleased the Team is doing well in my absence as well so it's good," said Senderos, who has made 30 appearances for Fulham in his time at the Club. "It's been a pretty good start and we're really happy with it.

"Hopefully we can build on the good start and continue like this. We've lost a few players and replaced them really with players that are hungry and they want to do well.

"The Team has responded really well and hopefully, for me personally, I can get my chance and grab it and be in the Team. I'm available for selection so hopefully I will start again very soon."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/12/fighting-fit?

WhiteJC

Residents meeting will discuss Craven Cottage expansion fears

Craven Cottage Fulham Football Club

THE expansion of Craven Cottage is to be discussed at the Friends of Bishop's Park's annual meeting.

The group is opposed to the remodelling of the ground, which has been home to Fulham FC since 1896 and has a 30,000 capacity.

Renovations could include a new riverside stand built to increase the capacity.

Main objections are the impact it will have on the park because of the increase in fans using it to get to the ground.

They also believe the expanded stand will be out of character with the ground and the area in general and do not like the fact the stand will encroach on the river.

The meeting, on Wednesday at 7.30pm, will also feature guest speaker Sian Harrington, chief executive of Fulham Palace.

Sian will be lecturing on how Fulham Palace and the park can work together for a better future for each.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2012/10/12/82029-32021142/?#ixzz2998CNJAc

WhiteJC

Sweden beats Faeroe Islands 2-1 in WCup qualifier

TORSHAVN, Faeroe Islands (AP) -Sweden avoided a major upset after second-half goals by Alexander Kacaniklic and Zlatan Ibrahimovic helped it come from behind for a 2-1 win over the Faeroe Islands on Friday in a World Cup qualifier.

After a sluggish performance by the Swedes in a goalless first half, Rogvi Baldvinsson stunned the visitors by opening the scoring with a powerful low shot in the 57th minute.

Sweden coach Erik Hamren responded by putting on Kacaniklic, and the Fulham winger equalized in the 65th before Ibrahimovic finally put the heavily favored visitors ahead in the 75th.

The Swedes looked surprised and unsettled by the way the hosts refused to back down, and seemed content with running out the clock after going ahead.

Sweden has six points after two games, while it was the Faeroes' second loss.

Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/20551939/sweden-beats-faeroe-islands-21-in-wcup-qualifier?

WhiteJC

Norway deny Group E leaders Switzerland

Switzerland 1-1 Norway
Mario Gavranović looked to have earned the hosts a third straight win with a 79th-minute opener, but Norway struck back through Brede Hangeland.

Despite having a wealth of chances, Switzerland were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw in their FIFA World Cup qualifying Group E game against Norway.

Mario Gavranović looked to have earned the Swiss their third straight win when he struck with 11 minutes left, but Norway were swift to equalise through captain Brede Hangeland. The result leaves Switzerland top of the section on seven points, with Norway three behind in third.

Switzerland dominated from the off, Tranquillo Barnetta and Xherdan Shaqiri both spurning decent chances inside four minutes. The visitors, however, responded and Ottmar Hitzfeld's team were left indebted to two superb Diego Benaglio saves to deny Hangeland and Vegard Forren.

Granit Xhaka also could have scored shortly after, before Barnetta's header struck a post. The Swiss were in control of the match but had only Stephan Lichtsteiner's long-range shot to show for the rest of their first-half efforts.

Shaqiri and Barnetta passed up further opportunities after the interval, before the hosts' dominance was finally rewarded when Xhaka headed on Shaqiri's corner and Gavranović finished from close range. That lead lasted less than two minutes, though, Hangeland heading in from John Arne Riise's corner with nine minutes remaining.

Egil Olsen's side nearly snatched all three points, but Forren was thwarted by a fine stop from Benaglio and Tarik Elyounoussi was denied by the woodwork.

http://www.uefa.com/worldcup/season=2014/matches/round=2000294/match=2008662/postmatch/report/index.html?

WhiteJC

Swede Scores On Competitive Debut In Good Evening For International Whites
by LRCN on OCTOBER 12, 2012

Kacaniklic battling with Brazil's Dani Alves on the International stage

In a fairly successful evening for Fulham's international players, it will be young winger Kacaniklic who will make the most headlines. The 21 year old came off the bench for Sweden for his first competitive International match, and made an almost instant impact with a neat right footed finish to level the game against minnows Faroe Islands which Sweden eventually went on to win. Watch the goal by clicking here.

Meanwhile, Hangeland and Kasami were also on target for their respective nations, both scoring equalisers in important 1-1 draws; Norway, who also featured Fulham left back Riise, drew against Switzerland through a Hangeland header, as did Kasami who equalised in a vital play off game against Germany for his U21 side.

Elsewhere, Karagounis' Greece drew 0-0 upon his return to the national set-up. It wasn't so light on action at the Aviva Stadium unfortunately for the Republic of Ireland who's defence, including Fulham full-back Stephen Kelly, let past six goals in a 6-1 thrashing (although Duff will perhaps be grateful he retired from International football).

Former Fulham favourite Chris Coleman had a better afternoon however, picking up his first win as Wales boss thanks to a late double from Bale – and it was a wonderstrike that won them the game.

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/10/swede-scores-on-competitive-debut-in-good-evening-for-international-whites/?

BB

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 13, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

THE expansion of Craven Cottage is to be discussed at the Friends of Bishop's Park's annual meeting.

The group is opposed to the remodelling of the ground, which has been home to Fulham FC since 1896 and has a 30,000 capacity.

Main objections are the impact it will have on the park because of the increase in fans using it to get to the ground.

They also believe the expanded stand will be out of character with the ground and the area in general and do not like the fact the stand will encroach on the river.

The meeting, on Wednesday at 7.30pm, will also feature guest speaker Sian Harrington, chief executive of Fulham Palace.

Sian will be lecturing on how Fulham Palace and the park can work together for a better future for each.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2012/10/12/82029-32021142/?#ixzz2998CNJAc

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is there to 'discuss'?? I was under the impression that H & F BC had already 'discussed' FFC's planning application, heard from the objectors and had gone ahead and approved the plans for the new Riverside Stand.

The council not only reject all of the 'objections' but allowed planning permission which incorporats all of the items mentioned in this report. Eg: build a bigger stand, extending the River Thames walkway over the river and increasing the ground capacity to 30,000.

Or is this just a wicked piece of self publicity, for the image concious, double barrelled name and bag of wind, aka M/s Amanda LLoyd-Harris. In yet another attempt to push her own anti football and in particular anti Fulham FC supporters agenda????

Is it time that we all joined the "Friends of Bishops Park" organisation and voted for a new Chairperson and in due course, for self termination of the "Friends", so we can do away with this total waste of oxygen, at the earliest possible opportunity??

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

filham

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 13, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

THE expansion of Craven Cottage is to be discussed at the Friends of Bishop’s Park’s annual meeting.

No mention of the fact that the Thames path will be extended alongside the stand ?