News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TalkSport discussion on Keys and Gray. (Drugs and match fixing in sport).

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, October 15, 2012, 01:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

For those not listening, Tony Cascarino was on the show with Richard Keys and Andy Gray and was the discussion arose about Lance Armstrong. The conversation then went onto 'adrenaline pills' being used at Marsielle during TC's time in France, mentioning that he thought they were illegal substances taken by a lot of the players. Richard Key's also went on to speak about attending a Tour de France (I missed the year) and recalled a time where a man came up to him and said 'Do you want to know the result?' Keys then continued to say the 'tip' was correct and it was kept a secret from the commentator at the time because of the sheer honesty in the man.

Quite an interesting topic which really does make you think whether this kind of stuff has been used more than we think. I also remember Jamie Redknapp talking about pills on A League Of Their Own, and he didn't know what was going on with them.

If you have the time, do read/listen to the interview which should be on the linked page:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray

mr-ska

Match Fixing is also a massive problem.  In cricket they came down on it hard  with life time bans and the Police taking action which led to Jail. Snooker on the other hand had a recent case, in which the evidence appeared quite strong, but the player concern got away with it.  Far East betting markets have a big part to play in these scandals.

I think football is relatively free of match fixing claims in the English Leagues, i can remember only one incident.

Interesting subject.

elgreenio

Quote from: mr-ska on October 15, 2012, 04:53:47 PM
I think football is relatively free of match fixing claims in the English Leagues, i can remember only one incident.

refering to our very own club completely outing a far-east betting irregularities concerning under 18's and other lower aged English games?
touch my camera through the fence

fulhamben

Quote from: elgreenio on October 15, 2012, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on October 15, 2012, 04:53:47 PM

refering to our very own club completely outing a far-east betting irregularities concerning under 18's and other lower aged English games?
bruce grobaler (spelling) liverpool keeper was always at it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.