watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz will come good

Started by MrFFC, October 15, 2012, 11:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Highly tuned ability in abundance but we are still waiting for him to show that he can be relied upon to influence  premieship games.
To date only a couple of goals and a lot of time off injured, still hoping that he will prove to be a good player for us but am asking the question how long can we waite.

nose

The fact that this question is asked speaks volumes. We are seven games into his second season and other than the odd flash here and there he hardly sets the world alight. I used to love Mousa, IMO he was the best player we have had for many years but I was also well aware of his shortcomings. Ruiz it seems to me is very different he rarely imposes himself on a game and so even with the odd touch here and there that just isn't enough, I just wonder if he is really as good as some people think whether he is not really suited to the Premiership.  

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: nose on October 17, 2012, 01:33:08 PM
The fact that this question is asked speaks volumes. We are seven games into his second season and other than the odd flash here and there he hardly sets the world alight. I used to love Mousa, IMO he was the best player we have had for many years but I was also well aware of his shortcomings. Ruiz it seems to me is very different he rarely imposes himself on a game and so even with the odd touch here and there that just isn't enough, I just wonder if he is really as good as some people think whether he is not really suited to the Premiership.  

You better go back under your rock quickly before you get too cold  :038:

alfie

Quote from: cottage cheese on October 16, 2012, 02:13:13 PM
Im sorry but I dont think he will become consistently good. Yes he has it moments of genius and class but for over 10 million you would expect that every game.

Im not doubting the guys talent, im more suggesting he will never fully adapt to this league which will prevent him from playing like he did at twente. He seems to get niggles here and there which prevents him from playing week in week out which he needs to get better.

Trouble is he did not put that price tag on his head, he cannot be held responsible for how much someone is willing to pay for him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

simplyfulham

Fully aware I'll get slated for this...

Most of us have been wondering about this. Like most of us - I am desperate for him to shut us all up in a big way.

I had a look on YouTube of some of his clips. There was a compilation from his career and even a 6 minute video that consisted of everything Ruiz did during a single a champions League game against Inter Milan. (The season they won it I think)

I'd advise having a look at that one. It's probably a reasonable benchmark. It's pretty good to see 6 minutes of the ball for any one individual player ins single game. But it's not too much different from what we've already seen, for every couple great touches and passes, there is a sloppy ball or a bad decision. He just looks a lot more confident and tries some more daring things - he pulls them off though. I wonder how much more of Ruiz there is to see? If he can cut out the mistakes in his game then already he'll look a much better player

Alternative

He is more robust and assertive than in his first season. The physical aspect of his game has clearly improved and I would expect this season he will put in much better performances.

JackyFulham90

I really hope he makes it for us he is a really gifted who can see things others can't my main concern with him is all these niggling injuries he is picking up which is stopping him getting a run of games

CanadianCottager

When healthy, he's has the best eye for a pass on the team and since Dembele left the best technique on the ball. Great set piece taker, if not for his injuries this season it wouldn't be a debate. One only wonders that his injury proneness might mean he never makes the impact he is clearly capable of (a la Robben in Real Madrid), because I think his quality is as plain as day.