watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz will come good

Started by MrFFC, October 15, 2012, 11:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

He has looked a lot better this season a lot stronger but he still frustrates but hopefully he can stay clear of injury as I'm excited to see him play with Berbatov, Ruiz is a classy player I genuinely think by the end of the season people will be raving about him .. classy player
Come on you Whites!! :)

Bryanthebroom

Agreed. As long as he stays injury free and gets a good run in the first team with settled players around him hopefully he will dwell on the ball less often.

mr-ska

He has the skill..  The Dutch rave about his ability. Hes so inconsistent and appears to be lightweight. Last season we were saying he'll need a season to get used to the pace of the Premiership.  His performance against against Southampton showed he still hasn't quite made the standard.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: mr-ska on October 15, 2012, 11:50:42 PM
His performance against against Southampton showed he still hasn't quite made the standard.

By the same token you coudl say that aboutthe rest of the team!  He's looked better the longer he has been at the club imo and will hopefully show it mroe often.  When on form he is glorious to watch!

jarv

Also, bear in mind, Fulham has a completely new midfield and forward combination. Time still needed to gel a bit more.

MasterHaynes

He has shown in every game this season he can be a game changer and could control the game he flits in and out of the game. even against Southampton when we had out good period early in the 2nd half he was at the cetre of many of the moves but then faded out again, which is what frustrates us, not that he plays badly but that he could really dominate most of our games if he could do it over 60-70 minutes of a game.

cottage cheese

Im sorry but I dont think he will become consistently good. Yes he has it moments of genius and class but for over 10 million you would expect that every game.

Im not doubting the guys talent, im more suggesting he will never fully adapt to this league which will prevent him from playing like he did at twente. He seems to get niggles here and there which prevents him from playing week in week out which he needs to get better.

MJG

I really want it to workout for him and im giving him a lot of time to prove his worth.
But I do wonder if Dutch defences are pretty crap for him to score 20 odd goals on a season. I just don't see it him in at the moment.
Worse of all I get really worried when he has the ball in our own half with only the defence behind him. I fully expect him to lose the ball and we are back in danger. Im at the point that he has to be so far up front that Berbatov would be in midfield.
Lots of skill and we have seen glimpses of it, but not much more than that.

Andy_M

I'm with MJG and pretty much agree with everything he's said.

As much as I like Bryan, I can't see how on earth he scored as many goals as he did in the Dutch league, the defences (and goalies) there must be terrible!
@got_maile

A Humble Man

He is strong, he is fast and he's full of fizz
That class man from Costa Rica is Brian Ruiz
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I REALLY hope I am wrong but I don't see it myself. Great hair but little control of play...

A Humble Man

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 16, 2012, 05:13:26 PM
I REALLY hope I am wrong but I don't see it myself. Great hair but little control of play...

Cut his hair and he would lose all his strength.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

btings

He's looking a lot stronger physically this year.  I'm hopeful.

He needs to stop retweeting inspirational quotes from Will Smith, though.

Riverside

There are 2 Ruiz's today
1) going forward game changer that can open defences and will be able to score goals.
2) a defensive liability that cannot hold the ball
Twente must have been on the front foot for him to score 20.
So the key is how we are with possession and direction of play.
1) Home against lower half teams is his element .
2) away or home against top 4-6 more of a liability sadly .
With a good CM there can be more 1s

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: MJG on October 16, 2012, 02:19:20 PM
Worse of all I get really worried when he has the ball in our own half with only the defence behind him. I fully expect him to lose the ball and we are back in danger.

YOU being worried does not make HIM a bad player.
I thought that non-argument was reserved for Senderos.

His price tag also doesn't affect the way he plays. It has also been repeatedly stated that it wasn't even £10m.

He's clearly one of our most creative players and we haven't seen him with Berba yet. He gets hammered by spectators despite often being our best player on the pitch, it's pathetic.

I'd say he's not going to come good, he's already good.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on October 17, 2012, 07:12:36 AM
Worse of all I get really worried when he has the ball in our own half with only the defence behind him. I fully expect him to lose the ball and we are back in danger.

His price tag also doesn't affect the way he plays. It has also been repeatedly stated that it wasn't even £10m.

He's clearly one of our most creative players and we haven't seen him with Berba yet. He gets hammered by spectators despite often being our best player on the pitch, it's pathetic.

Not sure who you have been watching...

MJG

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on October 17, 2012, 07:12:36 AM

I have never said,and would not say he is a bad player.

One question to YOU, in 30 games how often has he been our best player on the pitch?How many times in YOUR view is often?

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 17, 2012, 07:28:39 AM
Not sure who you have been watching...

Clearly a different player to you.

MJG, I mainly mean the start of this season where he's still getting abuse even in games like Norwich where he was excellent (granted, most the team were) and Man City where we barely got near the ball but it was apparently ALL his fault.

Zu-Meister

FULHAM winger Bryan Ruiz has been ordered home after picking up a thigh injury on duty for Costa Rica.
The 27-year-old suffered the problem in the victory over El Salvador at the weekend and is set to miss Saturday's league clash at home to Aston Villa.

But Dimitar Berbatov is expected to be fit after recovering from a hip problem.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

3 times at Southampton I watched him stun the ball, leaping high to chest it rather than head it - an amazing feat of skill. BUT 3 times the ball was taken from him before it reached the ground by an  opposition player with probably a tenth of his ability...