watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mesca new deal or let go?

Started by MrFFC, October 17, 2012, 09:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Seems very very talented and rated highly by Jol but another injury, he is very injury prone for a youngster should we take a gamble and offer him a new deal or let him go?
Come on you Whites!! :)

craig10

i wouldnt let him go put it that way

Andy_M

Some youngsters grow out of their injury nightmares, others will be dogged by it their hole career's. For the talent Mesca has (from what I've seen) we would be very stupid to let him go at this time - his wages can't be anything substantial. Imagine how much we'd be complaining if we did let him go he signed for another team and never had another injury.

It's so difficult to tell because even at his age he will still be growing, muscles developing etc. so the answer is yes he has to be given another deal, perhaps similar basis to Kaca, 2 years with option for a 3rd.
@got_maile

elgreenio

would give him an extra year to July 2014 to prove his fitness. After that, who knows with Kaca and Frei around as well as some of the even younger groups.
touch my camera through the fence

fulhamben

how much is he actually on. cant imagine its much in the scale of things so id extend. if he is always injured he would also take a cut as no one else would take a chance on him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

He's only a kid, and considering how strict the pay structure seems to be at higher levels, I can't imagine he'd be on loads.  It'd be foolish not to if he has potential potential.

cmg

I don't really understand this discussion.

As far as I know, the kid has suffered a cruciate ligament injury which will sideline him for at least six months.
We all know how serious this injury can be, although modern surgery means it is not nowadays immediately career ending.

Mesca is one of the most talented kids I have ever seen. If he makes the kind of full recovery we all hope for he will be a great asset to our first team squad (and, this being Fulham, will no doubt eventually find his way to a 'big name' club for a big fee). If he doesn't, he won't be going anywhere.

I would be grateful to have any up-to-date information on this fine young prospect.

God The Mechanic

I think it's either his 2nd or possibly 3rd injury in the same vein.  If it's a long term weakness then it calls into question how long his career may be - almost Hargreaves-esque really.  (Potentially) awesome for 3/4 years but then constantly injured, or it may change how he plays if he's scared of doing it in again.

cmg

Thanks.
I knew he had suffered previous injuries. Was it the same cl each time? If so it does not bode well.
Hopefully he is seeing that US surgeon who has helped our ligament injuries before and may get it sorted. Hope so.

Jamie88

Probably doesn't bode well, but given his potential and, as a couple of others have mentioned the modern surgery these days, in my opinion would be silly to let him go this easily. Would be very disappointed if that was the case.

elgreenio

Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 18, 2012, 01:46:14 PM
I think it's either his 2nd or possibly 3rd injury in the same vein.  If it's a long term weakness then it calls into question how long his career may be - almost Hargreaves-esque really.  (Potentially) awesome for 3/4 years but then constantly injured, or it may change how he plays if he's scared of doing it in again.

2nd time for his cruciate (same knee). The first and some personal issues being the reason Chelsea let him go.

JackyFulham90

Looks a really good prospect surely worth a one year extension?

Riverside

Well worth a gamble - not on Johnson wages and young

elgreenio

He's all kitted up today so must be doing some kind of training or gym work. He just has a huge knee brace on

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

JackyFulham90

Jol seems to rate him as he is young I think Jol will try to keep him