more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Price survey is not a good read for Fulham

Started by cottage cheese, October 18, 2012, 09:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

We have the fourth most expensive season ticket above the likes of city, liverpool etc

We have the fourth most expensive match day ticket again above the likes of city, liverpool.

We charge the most for pies at a £3.90....a joke in my eyes and that is why I have never brought any food at a game

However, with our £20 pound tickets we also are one of the cheapest days out...that is if you buy a £20 ticket

How are we allowed to get away with this? I feel sorry for anyone that has splashed out over £900 pounds to watch us in one season.

Rupert

How are we allowed to get away with it? Clearly we get away with it by offering a decent standard of football on the pitch which our supporters are happy to pay for, so praise is obviously due to the players and the marketing people.

£900 is a lot more than most pay for season tickets, so I presume those are the best placed seats (next to Chairman Mo, for example), and at that point people are paying not just to see the game, but to be seen in those seats and to get a glimpse of the occasional minor celeb who turns up, so I don't feel sorry for them. They are getting what they paid for.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TonyGilroy

That's a very selective read.

Only 7 clubs have cheaper Season Tickets which seems to me more relevant than the most expensive prices.

Only Newcastle's cheapest ticket is cheaper than ours.

The difference in food prices is very marginal. Personally I never buy food in the ground.

SG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 18, 2012, 09:14:51 AM
That's a very selective read.

Only 7 clubs have cheaper Season Tickets which seems to me more relevant than the most expensive prices.

Only Newcastle's cheapest ticket is cheaper than ours.

The difference in food prices is very marginal. Personally I never buy food in the ground.

Exactly TG. The cheapest tickets could arguably be said to be £5 when the club do that deal for certain games. I think our prices are very competitive and are the lowest of the all the London clubs which is a fairer comparison. The most expensive is for the middle seats in the Riverside and you get what you pay for - the best view in the house. People sitting there know that there are much cheaper options available should they wish to move but that is their choice. However that is not typical of the seat prices in the ground.

bugsy

Has anyone tried one of those Kidderminsters pies @ £4 a piece? 

F(f)CUK

I cannot read the article at the moment but I bet it does not talk about the tickets for the disabled. My son gets his season ticket for approx £90 and his carer goes free.

Jambo

With things like this it never takes into account geographic location.  Things are more expensive down south and in London especially, it's a small price to pay if you ask me.  As they say.... It's grim up north

Another thing it doesn't take into account is that I know that arsenal fans get 6 cup games as part of their season ticket.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cottage cheese

it does if you look under the prem table. It says includes cup games.

mr-ska

I pay £399 for my season ticket...  its in H1  but i like it there. Also if mates can come or dont turn up i can move to seat in H4 H5 H6 i think its outstanding value...

The food is expensive... But i usually bring stuff in with me...

Andy_M

I've had the odd pie at an evening game when i've rushed to the ground from work and had no choice but to either watch the game starving or grab something to eat and i can tell you £3.90 for the pies is a rip off, every time i think, why on earth didn't i bring something with me.

However, if you read the rest of the article the price of the pies is the only thing that lets us down really. If you look at it as a whole, and certainly this season for the brand of football we are playing, going to watch Fulham is value for money in my eyes ....... just avoid the pies!
@got_maile

jazz hardrockin

Maybe the highest price of a pie goes to subsidise the cheapest seats.Is that possible?
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

tommy

Prices in London are always going to be higher, because costs are higher. That's the price for supporting a club based in the middle of one of the most affluent areas in London. It beats spending an extra £100 a week on petrol to get up to old Trafford like my Man Utd supporting mates do.

ZhenP.Senderos

The most incredible stat is City's cheapest s/ticket is less expensive/equivalent than 62 of the 90 other football league clubs. Some league 2 clubs charge more! 

The table should include an average ticket price. As ours would be closer to £40 which is really expensive. Relatively speaking that's reasonable for a premiership club in london.

Shredhead

I got one of the family season tickets in the JH stand for £399 +£49 for my daughter. A bargain.And I wouldn't go near a pie. The Brighton ones are pricey but award winning, allegedly. When I went there they were foul. BUT, at least the Seagulls have amazing real ales for sale. If only the Cottage did!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

domprague

Quote from: Jambo on October 18, 2012, 11:01:28 AM
With things like this it never takes into account geographic location.  Things are more expensive down south and in London especially, it's a small price to pay if you ask me.  As they say.... It's grim up north

Another thing it doesn't take into account is that I know that arsenal fans get 6 cup games as part of their season ticket.

+1
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Alternative

H7 season ticket works at 20 something pounds a game. Not as good as it used to be, but not bad either.

I never buy food or drink in the ground or a programme.