watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jols transfers

Started by JackyFulham90, October 18, 2012, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

He has made the attacking part of our team his own he has brought in Dejagah , Kasami , Ruiz , Berbatov , Petric & Rodallega, he has also brought in his own players in the middle of midfield with Diarra , Karagounis & Tavares coming in, obviously Riether and Riise are his full backs which got me wondering when will he change our centre backs? Jol is not silly he knows Hangeland & Hughes are good defenders but I wonder if January is the time another player comes in to challenge them? Maybe a renewed move for Douglas??

Andy_M

He seems to be quite a fan of Senderos as whenever he has been fit he's been in the team, so wouldn't be surprised if once he's back to full fitness we see him back in the starting 11.

It is refreshing to see a manager come in and sign players and make changes to a team that have been effective and progressed the team without spending a ridiculous amount of money. His dealings in the transfer market have been very shrewd and he clearly knows the type of players he needs to fit the system he wants to play. Have been very impressed with Jol and I think if he continues the way he's started he will prove to be one of our more successful and highly regarded managers.
@got_maile

Ordar

Douglas would be a fantastic signing. I think he'll pluck another defender from Germany aswell. The beauty of signing players from the Bundesliga is the minimal time it takes them to adapt to the premiership.

I also think he'll sign a really top quality central midfielder in Jan/Summer to partner Diarra. He obviously thought we'd be ok with Dembele (which I think most of us did) until the summer. On the upside we got £15m for a player out of contract in a year. Not bad going.

I mentioned when Jol signed, that his transfer record is actually superb, and he's done nothing to alter that view whilst here. He got criticised for Gecov and Sa in particular, but they were signed to do a job, which they did. There now isnt many areas of the side we can majorly improve. Having Berbatov, Diarra, Petric etc at the club is pretty amazing.

farfouille

Jol arrives at Fulham on 7 June 2011 and look at the transfers (I've put MJ for Jol's transfers):

Mark Schwarzer - free transfer
David Stockdale - 352.000 £
Csaba Somogyi - free transfer (MJ)
Philippe Senderos - free transfer
Brede Hangeland - 4.136.000 £
Chris Baird - 3.960.000 £
Aaron Hughes - 1.320.000 £
John Arne Riise - 2.288.000 £ (MJ)
Matthew Briggs - Fulham FC U18
Stephen Kelly - free transfer
Sascha Riether - free transfer (MJ)
Mahamadou Diarra - free transfer (MJ)
Mickaël Tavares - free transfer (MJ)
Steve Sidwell - 528.000 £
Georgios Karagounis - free transfer (MJ)
Damien Duff - 3.520.000 £
Kieran Richardson - 2.200.000 £ (MJ)
Simon Davies - free transfer
Alexander Kačaniklić - swap
Pajtim Kasami - 1.408.000 £ (MJ)
Kerim Frei - Fulham FC U18
Ashkan Dejagah - 2.200.000 £ (MJ)
Bryan Ruiz - 7.040.000 £ (MJ)
Dimitar Berbatov - 4.400.000 £ (MJ)
Mladen Petric - free transfer (MJ)
Hugo Rodallega - free transfer (MJ)

So, from the whole team of 26 players, we have signed 11 on free transfer + 2 from the academy (we have bought only 50% of players).
Jol has made 12 transfers to the current team, 7 of which on free transfer (he has bought only 42% of the players).

Bottom line, Jol is a very smart manager, he has made great transfers (not just signing unemployed players but good unemployed players) and he is somehow loyal to the club's transfer policy.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Jamie88

Where did you get those figures from? They seem very precise!

farfouille

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 19, 2012, 06:39:41 PM

From www.transfermarkt.co.uk. I checked the players one by one. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Jamie88

Quote from: farfouille on October 19, 2012, 06:45:42 PM

Ah ok, are they reliable then? I thought many of those transfers were 'undisclosed' so not sure how theyd get their hands on precise figures..

farfouille

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 19, 2012, 08:19:20 PM
Quote from: farfouille on October 19, 2012, 06:45:42 PM

Ah ok, are they reliable then? I thought many of those transfers were 'undisclosed' so not sure how theyd get their hands on precise figures..

Well, I am not quite sure as I can't see their sources but the free transfers are "precise" so this is good enough for my conclusions. :)
- Rene Meulensteen

FFCfan