watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thats was a quick recovery!

Started by jelmo, October 19, 2012, 01:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Jol has just confirmed that Diarra is available selection with scinote Ruiz the only doubt with a groin issue.

Good times!

Zu-Meister

Im surprised about Diarra, hope wer not rushing him back too soon.

Ordar

Fantastic news if he's fully fit. They did say the injury wasnt anywhere near as bad as originally thought.

Zu-Meister

contract talks with hangeland ongoing.

Rupert

I thought Diarra's injury was originally said to be about four weeks, so long as there wasn't anything seriously wrong.

It was the keyboard warriors on here who decided it was going to mean six months out for him. He's coming back more or less on schedule, that's all.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Rupert on October 19, 2012, 01:37:14 PM
I thought Diarra's injury was originally said to be about four weeks, so long as there wasn't anything seriously wrong.

It was the keyboard warriors on here who decided it was going to mean six months out for him. He's coming back more or less on schedule, that's all.

But you know that the club always lies to us to boost season ticket sales.

Classic94

Great news! Jol has some interesting selection problems in midfield and the final third.

This would be my XI for tomorrow:

Schwarzer, Reither, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise, Baird, Diarra, Duff, Rodallega, Petric, Berbatov

Subs: Stockdale, Kelly, Sidwell, Richardson, Kaca, Frei, Dejagah

- The Greek, Briggs, Kasami & Senderos to miss out.

If Berbatov, Duff, Petric and Rodallega hit form then our forward line will be very difficult to live with. I can't remember us having such quality upfront and in reserve - certainly in recent times.

TonyGilroy

I have no idea what team Jol will select but some very good players aren't even going to be on the bench.

I want to see Petric with Berbatov and Duff is undroppable so that leaves one attacking place. It's going to be tough on those that don't play. I think I'd go for Kaca on the basis that he should be encouraged having broken into the Swedish team.

JackyFulham90

Great news Diarra is massive for us I would like to see line up of

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff Sidwell Diarra Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Petric

Subs - Stockdale , Senderos , Baird , Frei , Richardson , Dejagah & Rodallega

No place on the bench for Briggs , Kelly , Karagounis , Taveras, Kasami , Smith or Trotta

Certainly some depth in our squad and a lot of quality we have players on the bench now that can really change a game

Riverside

:scarf:Looking forward the game and the team selection tomorrow . Many options players and formation. Continue with the 442 or go 443 ?

I would personally go with 442

Schwarzer, Reither, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise, Baird, Diarra, Duff, Petric, Berbatov and Kaca

Harsh on Rodallega - but if he plays I think he would be best instead of Petric ( I don't like him as left wing - not good enough defensively )

Frei and Dejagah impact subs

But only Jol knows .....

Riverside

So JackyFulham90 he agree except Baird vs Sidwell . That is a v close call

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 19, 2012, 02:09:32 PM

I have no idea what team Jol will select but some very good players aren't even going to be on the bench.

I want to see Petric with Berbatov and Duff is undroppable so that leaves one attacking place. It's going to be tough on those that don't play. I think I'd go for Kaca on the basis that he should be encouraged having broken into the Swedish team.

Yep, maybe making way for Dejegah after an hour or so (Duffer may have to swap to the left but he is a leftie after all)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

nose

I thought ruiz had a foot injury because he was 'targeted' by the opposition in an international the other day. Now he is a doubt with a groin strain. WAWOM
Good news about diara he looks a thoroughbred!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: nose on October 19, 2012, 03:07:12 PM
I thought ruiz had a foot injury because he was 'targeted' by the opposition in an international the other day. Now he is a doubt with a groin strain. WAWOM

Nice try, troll.

JackyFulham90

I won't be upset to see either Baird or Sidwell start there is not much between them, Baird has a better passing range Sidwell offers a goal threat, massive boost to see Diarra back though he is by far our best centre midfielder

TonyGilroy

How about

Karagounis  Diarra    Richardson

Petric   Berbatov  Duff

nose

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 19, 2012, 03:24:09 PM

Nice try, troll.

Are you stalking me? I thought FoF was supposed to be a polite place, you are just plain creepy and very rude.
Enjoy the game tomorrow, we can compare notes then, if you can mange that.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: nose on October 19, 2012, 03:35:05 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 19, 2012, 03:24:09 PM

Nice try, troll.

Are you stalking me? I thought FoF was supposed to be a polite place, you are just plain creepy and very rude.
Enjoy the game tomorrow, we can compare notes then, if you can mange that.

Not stalking, just highlighting your posts and the crude attempts at kicking up a fuss.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Riverside on October 19, 2012, 02:40:01 PM
:scarf:Looking forward the game and the team selection tomorrow . Many options players and formation. Continue with the 442 or go 443 ?

I would personally go with 442

Schwarzer, Reither, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise, Baird, Diarra, Duff, Petric, Berbatov and Kaca

Harsh on Rodallega - but if he plays I think he would be best instead of Petric ( I don't like him as left wing - not good enough defensively )

Frei and Dejagah impact subs

But only Jol knows .....
Good starting eleven and I would bring on Rodellaga and Dejagah for Petric and Kaca after 60 minutes, with a heavy pitch there will some tired legs out there and with there pace they could both create havoc