Main Menu

Your Best and Worse Fulham Moments

Started by DiegoFulham, October 19, 2012, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Travers Barney

Worst

Wanchope ....equaliser at Loftus Road.....irrational and don't know why but it killed me...nearest bad moment aside was when I nearly threw myself over putney bridge after the injustice over the league cup defeat against the scum in 83 or whenever it was.

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Best

Dio at City.....you just had to be there.

coyw
We are the whites

Jambo

So many to choose from!!!

Best: Davis v Blackburn, McAree v Carlisle, Away day at Cambridge Utd when we went up. Juve, Hamburg at home, 6-0 v QPR.  Legwinski winner v Spurs 3-2.  So many more.

Worst: Plenty to remember from the early 90's, thinking the club was going to fold.  On the field, it really is hard to look past the The Europa Final, a great day but a terrible moment to end it.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Ordar

I only started supporting Fulham properly since 96, so I've been pretty spoilt!

Best moments

Carlisle, the whole day, that goal, what it effectively meant. I still remember the inflatable Mr Blobby being thrown around.
Blackburn, to beat "the best team in the league" according to Souness (who I still dispise to this day) with 10 men, in injury time. Fantastic
Scoring in the second minute at Old Trafford in our first ever Premier League game
Portsmouth, Bullard cross, Murphy header!
Juve unbelievable come back, especially after going a goal down so early, just after I said to my mate "we need to keep it tight early on"
Atletico To witness to rise of the club from playing Doncaster and Hereford etc to being in a Europa League final was incredible. We were so close.The opening ceremony gave me goosebumps.

No details needed.

Bad moments

Losing 4-1 at home to Cardiff in the Adams promotion season. Live on Sky, I was gutted
Losing to Chelsea, FA Cup semi at Villa Park
Losing 4-0 to Blackburn Tigana's last game, we were awful
Half time at Man City, relegated... if only I'd known
Forlan scoring that goal, being shown on TV devastated and receiving countless messages straight after telling me so. Then the absurd airport situation after defeat.

MJG

Worse..getting relegated at Swansea

Best..Juve

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Jambo on October 19, 2012, 09:53:32 PM

Best: Davis v Blackburn, McAree v Carlisle, Away day at Cambridge Utd when we went up. Juve, Hamburg at home, 6-0 v QPR.  Legwinski winner v Spurs 3-2.  So many more.

Worst: Plenty to remember from the early 90's, thinking the club was going to fold.  On the field, it really is hard to look past the The Europa Final, a great day but a terrible moment to end it.

What about beating Chelsea?

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Jambo

Quote from: DiegoFulham on October 19, 2012, 10:00:53 PM
Quote from: Jambo on October 19, 2012, 09:53:32 PM

Best: Davis v Blackburn, McAree v Carlisle, Away day at Cambridge Utd when we went up. Juve, Hamburg at home, 6-0 v QPR.  Legwinski winner v Spurs 3-2.  So many more.

Worst: Plenty to remember from the early 90's, thinking the club was going to fold.  On the field, it really is hard to look past the The Europa Final, a great day but a terrible moment to end it.

What about beating Chelsea?

Yep and everything Order said too!!! How do you choose 1??  Or 10 for that matter!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

tommy

Best: the Europa league final

Worst: the Europa league final

Lighthouse

Worst was the 83 home defeat by Leicester which was the moment I knew we had blown promotion and the away defeat at Derby when the Ref stopped the game early because of the crowd. The pure injustice of it at the time made me physically ill. I was very into it all in those days.

Best time if I just chose one was the Fulham v Hereford game at the Best and Marsh Circus. Football was actually fun and entertainment.

Best release of tension was the Fulham v Lincoln game where we drew to gain promotion.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

costarican white

Quote from: Travers Barney on October 19, 2012, 09:44:33 PM
Worst

Wanchope ....equaliser at Loftus Road.....irrational and don't know why but it killed me...nearest bad moment aside was when I nearly threw myself over putney bridge after the injustice over the league cup defeat against the scum in 83 or whenever it was.

coyw

West Ham people treated Wanchope really bad, I don't really like them because of that
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

WORST
The abandoned game at the Baseball Ground. Whilst decades ago now, it is as clear as it was yesterday. Nasty day, disgraceful scenes, and when the FA refused to grant a replay it showed them for what they were (and still are).

BEST
The final at Hamburg. Amazing journey for us to reach the final, a real privilege to be with thousands and thousands of other Whites on the Reeperbahn.

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on October 20, 2012, 09:38:50 AM
WORST
The abandoned game at the Baseball Ground. Whilst decades ago now, it is as clear as it was yesterday. Nasty day, disgraceful scenes, and when the FA refused to grant a replay it showed them for what they were (and still are).

BEST
The final at Hamburg. Amazing journey for us to reach the final, a real privilege to be with thousands and thousands of other Whites on the Reeperbahn.

Agree with you on both.

keith

The best bit,without a doubt,was sitting here on the Costa Blanca watching the scenes following our Europa semi-final win.The camera panned on to a guy who had tears in his eyes,no doubt thinking about what he`d been through as a Fulham fan.It wasn`t long before i was joining in,wondering what my Dad would have made of it.And,yeah,the Baseball ground,dreadful day.

ffc73

Many of the above and more.  Finding it impossible to choose "1" in each category from all the memories.  Maybe... away from an actual game or result.... if pushed... possibly...

Best.  In 2002 enjoying a scrumptious local Croatian meal and a large glass of a full bodied red wine in a restaurant overlooking the harbour in Split as the sun was setting over the Adriatic and pinching myself and smiling at the memories of being at Hartlepool as a gale force wind blew the icy in rain off the North Sea across the exposed terrace etc etc

Worst.  We moved from Fulham to Godalming (rural leafy Surrey) in March 1975.  I was without a ticket on Cup Final day.  My father and uncle had set out early to make a day of it and had managed to acquire a spare ticket.  They telephoned my mother.  My mother had not  passed her driving test and would not take me or put me on a train on my own (I was 9) to London.  My mum explained to me that "you can go the next time they play at Wembley".  I am still waiting and it has become a bit of a family joke.  I might resurrect it tomorrow when we have a family lunch to celebrate my Mum's 70th birthday

Tonywa

Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2012, 09:57:21 PM

Best..Juve

Absolutely right.  The perfect choices.  Never been more downcast than at Swansea that day, nor more elated than when we beat one of Europe's greatest names. Oh the emotions of following Fulham!

Burt

My most recent lowlight was a few years ago when we hosted Hull, batterered them for 90 minutes without actually scoring, and then with the last action of the game they went up the other end and scored...

There wasn't really that much at stake to be honest. But it REALLY teed me off.

MJG

Quote from: Tonywa on October 20, 2012, 10:56:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2012, 09:57:21 PM

Best..Juve

Absolutely right.  The perfect choices.  Never been more downcast than at Swansea that day, nor more elated than when we beat one of Europe's greatest names. Oh the emotions of following Fulham!
Nothing worse than that long train ride back from Swansea. There were moments following that defeat where I thought that was the end for the club.