watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov & Petric will it work?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 19, 2012, 11:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Berbatov is a quality player is an obvious starter and he goes well with Rodallega but would love to see him playing off Petric tomorrow, Petric offers a real goal threat and is good at linking play with Duff & Kacaniklic bombing down the wings Villa could be in for a difficult afternoon

Walsh

I feel sorry for Petric, he had a great start and then all of a sudden Berbatov came in and stole his spotlight... He hasn't had a proper chance since.

alexbishop

Berbatov as the number 9 target man, Petric as the number 10 feeding off his service, could be deadly! Didn't Petric play as a number 10 at Hamburg? If they play well together I'm not sure where that leaves Ruiz? Drop him deeper into midfield or push him out wide?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Zu-Meister

Quote from: alexbishop on October 20, 2012, 08:22:57 AM
Berbatov as the number 9 target man, Petric as the number 10 feeding off his service, could be deadly! Didn't Petric play as a number 10 at Hamburg? If they play well together I'm not sure where that leaves Ruiz? Drop him deeper into midfield or push him out wide?
bench is an option too

mickybrown100

Berbatov will start, Ruiz is injured, so Petric may start. I think Richardson will start, instead of Kaca, and Diarra will start, in place of Baird, even though I'd rather he replaced Sidwell.

JackyFulham90

I am pretty sure our line up will be

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Duff Diarra Sidwell Richardson

Berbatov

Petric

Although I would like to see Kacaniklic start he is quality, that is a strong team though and having players like Baird , Dejagah , Frei , Kaca & Rodallega on the bench shows top 8 potential I feel

filham

Yes, with all of these players returning from injury there are selection problems in midfield and attack.

Strikers:    Roddallega or Petric to accompany Berbatov ?? We need Rodder's pace but I suspect we may see both for 45 minutes each.

Wide Left: Jol will be keen to give Richardson a full run out but if we are not winning with 30 minutes to go expect Kaka to come on as an impact sub.

Centre Mid: Probably start with Baird and Sidwell who have performed reasonably well and then introduce Diarra later in the game. The Ancient Greek may get a cameo appearence in the last ten minutes if we are struggling for a goal.

Wide Right: Duff without any doubt but he maybe given a deserved rest for the lastten minutes in order to give Dejagah a run out.

Ruiz will still be suffering from shock after the mid week international roughing up, he will not leave his seat in the stand.

cebu

Berbatov + Petric  =  bags of skill, but not that much pace. If you can get an opponent like Villa, who'll probably park the bus, some pace would be useful ... Rodallega might be a better fit.

If Jol wants to slow down the pace of the game for tactical reasons, Berba + Petric could be the ideal combo.