watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Damien Duffs contract?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 20, 2012, 12:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Was just wondering does that expire at the end of this season or 2014? Has been in top form this year has so much to offer, Dejagah & Kasami offer competition down the right but Duff just seems to get better & better ...

H3Matt

I believe it's until the end of this season, unless he signed another new contract this year? Fulham have a rule about only offering a year to over 30's, with an exception to Berbatov of course who signed 2 years.

cebu

His contract does expire at the end of this season, but I haven't read anything yet about an extension. 

filham

Look, Duff is my current favourite, surely we will give him a new contract. The thought of allowing Duff to slip away to somewhere like Loftus Road is frightening.

JackyFulham90

Still has plenty to offer I think he should be given an extra year deal for sure

cebu

Duff turns 34 at the beginning of March, so the club may be waiting till later in the season before committing to a further year.

If Duff maintains something like his current form, I think the club will make him an offer.

Berserker

Speciallly as i have him on the back of my shirt. Mind you unless he spoils his copy book like Dempsey, i'd still be proud to wear it even if he left, as would be the case with a Murph shirt.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

He deserves at least a couple of years - been one of our best players this season - so skilful, with a great attitude and work ethic.

God The Mechanic

Considering he's not in the team today we can only guess that he's told Jol that he hates him and has no intention of signing a new contract, so has been dropped and will be playing with the Under 7s for the foreseeable future.

itombomb

I'd be happy for him to stay definitely, but - given his age, the other wingers we have (that quote about good clubs buying replacements before they need them), and the fact that I'm pretty sure Jol would like to play 4-3-3 which he isn't massively suited to - I expect that if he wants to stay then he will have to take a pretty substantial paycut