News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

subs changed the game- diarra and iranian chap were excellent.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 20, 2012, 05:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Ordar

Genuine options on the bench to change the game. Looking forward to seeing Dejagah play again. Excellent cross which should have been tapped in and a good shot

theotherdembele

Karagounis also done well showed his experience and kept possession also won a few fouls to kill time

Snibbo

Dejagah looks very exciting. Inventive, fast, skilful, willing to have a go. Could turn out to be a star.  Have we signed him up properly, as opposed to just a season long thing a la the Pog?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Count Berbatov

Subs were absolutely spot on! I'm a big fan of Jol. If he only had the power to keep the players he brings or has, Fulham would be a force in the PL
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

btings

Dejagah looked very promising, and Diarra is just so good.

MasterHaynes

Give this squad a few weeks at the trainng ground and a few matches together we could really be pushing for top 6, Adding Duff to the mix as well we have a fantastic  group of attackig players which will allow Jol to bring on players who can change the game as well as change our formation when needed.

Slaphead in Qatar

We made this win without duff, frei and kaka on the bench. This may be a promising season. We just need to strengthen midfield a bit.

ffc73

I would have pulled Richardson off at half time for Kaca.  Riise was having to play left back and left mid-field whilst Richardson wandered into Berbatov & Petric's space.

Ultimately we won but I do not credit the substitutions, that did not make sense to me, for the result

1-0 because Baird reacted first to a poorly taken corner is more like it

MJG

Lets be honest when they were made we mostly all went WHAT? Where's Kaca?

ffc73

What? Where's Kaca? Was first uttered by me when Diddy announced the line up at 2.45pm

filham

We should start at Reading with Dejegah and Duff in the wide positions and Diarra in one of the centre midfield positions. Those are the lessons that should have been learnt from today's game.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: filham on October 20, 2012, 07:42:41 PM
We should start at Reading with Dejegah and Duff in the wide positions and Diarra in one of the centre midfield positions. Those are the lessons that should have been learnt from today's game.

Jol signed Dejagah to provide competition for Duff on the right. Fulham were far from their fluent best today but (especially in the first half) we created more than enough chances to win the game. Heart in mouth moment when Benteke missed that sitter towards the end though!

itombomb

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 20, 2012, 05:46:37 PM
Give this squad a few weeks at the trainng ground and a few matches together we could really be pushing for top 6, Adding Duff to the mix as well we have a fantastic  group of attackig players which will allow Jol to bring on players who can change the game as well as change our formation when needed.
This group plus Dembele and yes. As it is, our midfield options to partner Diarra just aren't good enough.

If Jol wants to play 4-3-3 regularly then we need two CMs in January (and we need one as soon as the window opens).

MasterHaynes

I think Baird and Diarra supported from the bench by Karagounis is a solid centre midfield especially when you consider the wide players we have, I think that our wider players will have more and more influence on games pulling the opponents midfield out from the centre as they have to double up on Dejagah,Kaca,Duff,Frei,Richardson. With this depth we can bring on fresh legs and keep there midfield chasing the ball leaving more time for Baird and Ruiz to pik their passes, give eithry of these time on the ball and we know they are match winners.

epsomraver

Quote from: FFC73 on October 20, 2012, 06:07:33 PM
I would have pulled Richardson off at half time for Kaca.  Riise was having to play left back and left mid-field whilst Richardson wandered into Berbatov & Petric's space.

Ultimately we won but I do not credit the substitutions, that did not make sense to me, for the result

1-0 because Baird reacted first to a poorly taken corner is more like it
Cannot agree with that apart from Richardson should have gone sooner for Kaca,  Diarra did make a difference as soon as he came on, it gave the midfield some stability and direction.

mangoputney

Got a feeling Dej will bring closure on the whole ?what if? ?missing? Dem's

Dem's the past, Dejagah the future

Very impressed
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

JackyFulham90

Dejagah did look good I am excited to see more of him, Diarra is class we have really missed him