watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

villa match

Started by MurphLegend, October 20, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurphLegend

not a great performance but 3 points in the bag.

i thought rodders was tireless, running down the channels, busting a lung.

riether looks solid going forward, but in the first half he played a suicidal ball across our box, anyway can't complain the guy's a beast.

sidders was not the special one iniesta today. good in the tackle fair enough, but wasteful every time he got on the ball. i swear his effort in the 2nd half crossed the river. completely skyed it.

berba was involved in almost everything, he really is a class part. he just glides past people, good game all around i thought.

to me it looked like we miss an orchestrator. we miss murphy. the game changed when diarra came on, finally we had our midfield general. took the sting out of the play, tough in the tackle, kept it simple (except for that cheeky flick - how class was that??) and told wankstain chris foy off - a true leader of men. before diarra got on the pitch berba was coming so deep to collect. diarras great at picking it up and moving it up the pitch in a controlled fashion.

oh an for everybody chatting about big brede's off it this season, shuuuuut it, that stoppage time block - 92nd min, i think it was flying in, but big man got stuck in, nothing but brede and butter.

MurphLegend

mods do you really censor g.i.n.g.e.r? i was trying to talk about sidders!!! ffs

Berserker

Yep it's automatic word replacement by the computer. I was once talking about my orange cat and it suddenly change to 'the special one'!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jazz hardrockin

special one ale will mutate to Canada dry for sure... :011:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Rupert

Quote from: Berserker on October 20, 2012, 06:05:18 PM
Yep it's automatic word replacement by the computer. I was once talking about my orange cat and it suddenly change to 'the special one'!

Quite right too, all cats are convinced that they are the special one.

Can't argue with any of that, Murph, if anything, I was surprised that Jol waited until his last substitution to take Sidders off, but hey, we won, so the man knows what he's doing. All I would add is praise for Riise, who I thought was man of the match, never stopped running and creating, and how the hell didn't Foy give a free kick when he was fouled in our area towards the end, fortunately their man bottled what should have been an undeserved equaliser.

I don't normally bash refs, since I know how tough the job can be, but when you ignore fouls one way and give identical fouls the other, you bring trouble on yourself, and I think Foy had a poor game. He cracked down towards the end, after Diarra had a word, and you could see how it confused the hell out of the Villa players, suddenly being pulled up for things they had got away with all game.

So, thirteen points after eight games, including two against the Manchester teams, and emerging from a bit of an injury crisis, we have to be happy with that, don't we?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

JackyFulham90

I didn't think it was a great performance today but a great win and top effort by all the players, Rodallega , Richardson & Sidwell were below par today, Berbatov looked class but I thought subs Dejagah & Diarra made the difference today

Scrumpy

I was pretty happy with that performance to be honest. At half time, we had done everything except score. We just needed to be more ruthless in front of goal in that first half and we would have cruised the rest of the game.

Luckily, we have a very strong bench nowadays, and a bit of tinkering towards the end ensured that the right team won.

Anyway, I was at Villa Park towards the end of last season and it was absolute daylight robbery that they managed a win that day. So if any of their fans feel that way today -  :033: !
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2012, 09:15:29 PM
I was pretty happy with that performance to be honest. At half time, we had done everything except score. We just needed to be more ruthless in front of goal in that first half and we would have cruised the rest of the game.

Luckily, we have a very strong bench nowadays, and a bit of tinkering towards the end ensured that the right team won.

Anyway, I was at Villa Park towards the end of last season and it was absolute daylight robbery that they managed a win that day. So if any of their fans feel that way today -  :033: !

And if you were in the Low Country today mate with a few of their neanderthals you would have even less sympathy..Reading beckons...be in touch....youuuuuuuuuuwhites

coyw
We are the whites

leonffc

The word special one is automatically moderated???????
That is the most pathetic thing I've ever read!! I've just about got used to Ridgerider locking every post that might get offensive in the future but this is PC gone absolutely bonkers

SP

The league table doesn't make good reading for Villa, their decline over the last few season leaves them firmly in the relegation dog-fight. An owner who's closed his cheque book, falling attendances & precious little coming through the youth system.  How they must regret sacking Davis O'Leary?

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2012, 09:15:29 PM

and not forgeting that those points probably kept them up, if we had taken our chances they would have been left in a very precarious position