watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last on MOTD

Started by Jambo, October 20, 2012, 07:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif We might as well be on the Football league show, I mean its not as if we are an established Prem side boasting some brilliant attacking players and are currently above Arsenal, Liverpool and plenty others.  Never the media darlings.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

EJL

It was terrible for 80 mins.

MJG

Might be last but actual time on screen tends to be more than at least one or two other games.

Matt Inglis

We've not normally been last this season.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

sunburywhite

Agree it was not a good game for 80 minutes, if I wasn't a Fulham fan then I wouldn't have watched it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jamie88

It does annoy me intensely the way we seem to be viewed in the media, we're always seen as 'little old Fulham' who will never be a big club, anyone know why it has always been like this throughout our Premier League tenure?

Oh, as a side note, I agree that the match was nothing to shout about but I meant more in general

ffc73

Do what I do.  Watch the repeat whilst having breakfast on Sunday morning.  Or tape it and watch it whenever you like.  The latter is always useful for fast forwarding past the waffle

Scrumpy

In fairness, BBC seem to have been very good this season at putting the games with the most goals on first. Actually noticeably better than previous seasons. When 2 games have the same number of goals, then the 'big' team tends to win through.

But all in all, no complaints from me this season.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jamie88

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2012, 07:52:39 PM
In fairness, BBC seem to have been very good this season at putting the games with the most goals on first. Actually noticeably better than previous seasons. When 2 games have the same number of goals, then the 'big' team tends to win through.

But all in all, no complaints from me this season.

You are right, definately has been better this season...

Rupert

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 20, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
It does annoy me intensely the way we seem to be viewed in the media, we're always seen as 'little old Fulham' who will never be a big club, anyone know why it has always been like this throughout our Premier League tenure?

Sorry to say, we are viewed as being "little old Fulham" mainly because we are "little old Fulham". We are planning to expand to 30,000 seats. If it was 45,000, or even 40,000, you would have a reason to be miffed, but 30,000? All that will do is help us catch up on the capacities of some of the smaller stadiums.

It only becomes a problem if you want to support a big team, for whatever reason. I am delighted to support a small team which annoys the hell out of the big teams by surviving, and more recently thriving, in the big league while some of the giants they would rather have up with them labour along a division or two below.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Rupert on October 20, 2012, 08:31:46 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on October 20, 2012, 07:49:58 PM

Sorry to say, we are viewed as being "little old Fulham" mainly because we are "little old Fulham". We are planning to expand to 30,000 seats. If it was 45,000, or even 40,000, you would have a reason to be miffed, but 30,000? All that will do is help us catch up on the capacities of some of the smaller stadiums.

It only becomes a problem if you want to support a big team, for whatever reason. I am delighted to support a small team which annoys the hell out of the big teams by surviving, and more recently thriving, in the big league while some of the giants they would rather have up with them labour along a division or two below.

so because West Ham and Norwich play in 30,000 seater stadium it makes them a small club?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Rupert

Quote from: DiegoFulham on October 20, 2012, 08:40:21 PM

so because West Ham and Norwich play in 30,000 seater stadium it makes them a small club?

Norwich- Yes, a small club, they have a 30,000 seater and it is big enough for them, just as 30,000 is going to be big enough for us.

Wet Spam, sadly, no, their ground is not big enough, hence all the plotting to move to the Olympic Stadium.

Put it like this, if we announced we were buying Wembley (I know, but bear with me) and were confident of filling it most games with 50,000+, then I'd say we were a big team. But even if we could cram 35,000 into the Cottage, we wouldn't, apart from when the big teams come to town, or do you think differently?

Like I say, it is only a problem if you think that there is something demeaning, being seen as a small club. I don't.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

grandad

I never watch MOTD. I prefer to see the extended coverage on Sky´s Football First. Better after match interviews & analysis.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

After watching that  poor  game live it should be last .

MasterHaynes

I am delighted to support a small team which annoys the hell out of the big teams by surviving, and more recently thriving, in the big league while some of the giants they would rather have up with them labour along a division or two below.
[/quote]

and this season I think we may also finish higher than quite a few of them that are in the Premiership COYW