watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa fans- were they on something?

Started by Rupert, October 20, 2012, 09:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

For all their huffing and puffing, particularly during a 10 minute spell midway through the first half when we hardly got a sniff of the ball, they rarely looked threatening and I wasn't particularly worried that they were going to score.

That said, we didn't look like scoring either, although we did look more threatening and certainly created more clear cut opportunities.

At least I won the sweepstake that was running - I had wanted 2-1 but that had already been taken, so settled for 1-0.

Shredhead

I thought it was quiet as well, especially as the traveling support at Southampton made more noise even though Fulham were worse on the pitch that day.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

tomcolemanfry

The 19th minute Villa applause was for Petrov, and it is something they do every match. I have a friend who is from Birmingham (Blues fan) and he warned me it would happen. Personally, I thought it was a great touch from their travelling support, who to be fair where it great voice all afternoon. In the back of H3/H4 we applauded it, as did the Jonny Haynes from what I could see. There constant chanting of 'Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army' towards the end of the first-half was a good sight too.

Our support at the back of the Hammersmith was OK, very tense atmosphere though. Fair do's to the big bloke I stand near at the back of H3 who did try to get things going, even the normal 'mob' in H5 sounded quiet though.

HatterDon

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on October 23, 2012, 11:30:08 PM
The 19th minute Villa applause was for Petrov, and it is something they do every match. I have a friend who is from Birmingham (Blues fan) and he warned me it would happen. Personally, I thought it was a great touch from their travelling support, who to be fair where it great voice all afternoon. In the back of H3/H4 we applauded it, as did the Jonny Haynes from what I could see. There constant chanting of 'Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army' towards the end of the first-half was a good sight too.

Our support at the back of the Hammersmith was OK, very tense atmosphere though. Fair do's to the big bloke I stand near at the back of H3 who did try to get things going, even the normal 'mob' in H5 sounded quiet though.

Was he, perhaps, totally bereft of hair?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

Quote from: HatterDon on October 23, 2012, 11:32:32 PM

...not I HD, I am at the back of H6, and even I gave up, nobody was singing except near the end when there was a stand up if you love Fulham. Usually only 5% of the HE make any real noise, and sometimes another 15% join in, last weekend the mutes were out in full farce...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

tomcolemanfry

Quote from: HatterDon on October 23, 2012, 11:32:32 PM

Nope, actually has a good head of hair! And by 'big' I mean stocky and tall, not fat by any means.

Chesh

Quote from: Oiseau on October 21, 2012, 02:43:21 PM
They kept singing about our 'sh1t support' which was a bit much in all honesty
Villa's fans are always some of the most boring/monotonous to visit. That crap 's*** support my lord' that they constantly sing in that stupid nasal accent gets right on my nerves. Every year they sing it as if it's not blatantly obvious that one of only 2 teams from England's second city would have many more vociferous fans than a club who are not even the biggest in their borough! Sad, obsessive f***wits!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)