watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Have The Makings Of A Good Team

Started by A Humble Man, October 21, 2012, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

With Berbatov and Diarra on the pitch we oozed class and with the two class full backs putting on such polished performances we looked very dangerous.  If Ruiz comes good, some of the youngster show their full potential and we get at least one class midfielder in January we can easily get our best finish ever. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

clanky

Totally agree with you.

I went yesterday and thought we were well organised etc. but needed some extra spark in midfield to make the difference.

A gutty performance and 3 points were needed, we'll struggle unless we get a creative midefielder in , unless Kaca or Ruiz fill that void for us

There mst be  a record somewhere for the most nationalitieis used in a game, I think it was 11 !!

COYW

Whitewash

Quote from: clanky on October 21, 2012, 09:12:08 AMThere mst be  a record somewhere for the most nationalitieis used in a game, I think it was 11 !!

COYW

Baird and Hughes both Northern Irish

JackyFulham90

We certainly do it would be interesting to see a front 6 of

Diarra Baird

Dejagah Ruiz Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Lots of pace and creativity in the team and that's without Duff , Richardson , Frei , Kasami , Rodallega & Petric things are looking good

aussierod

Quote from: Whitewash on October 21, 2012, 09:31:04 AM
Quote from: clanky on October 21, 2012, 09:12:08 AM
There mst be  a record somewhere for the most nationalitieis used in a game, I think it was 11 !!

COYW

Baird and Hughes both Northern Irish

I think he was referring to the subs used also, so the number of nationalities are
1. Australian (Schwarzer)
2. German (Reither)
3. Northern Ireland (Hughes, Baird)
4. Norwegian (Hangerland, Riise)
5. Colombian (Rodallega)
6. English (Sidwell, Richardson)
7. Bulgarian (Berbatov)
8. Croatian (Petric)
9. Malian (Diarra)
10. Greek (Karagounis)
11. Iranian (Dejagah)

The more interesting thing I think is that the majority are current international players for their countries, I think the only ones not are the 2 english players and Berbatov who retired from international football due to the politics within the Bulgarian FA if I'm correct. This on paper sounds good, but the reality is bad, as it gives Jol less time to work with his players and prepare them for the next game (I think in his pre-match press conference he said he had one day with his full squad before Villa, and he used a lot of this time defending corners and set pieces due to our recent weaknesses there), whilst it also increases the risk of injuries, eg Diarra & Ruiz just recently

I remember last year at the same point of the season after an international period we played Stoke (and lost) and I looked through their side and only a handful of players were internationals, whereas our entire side was involved in jetting around the club to represent their country. International periods during the season causes us massive disruptions as we have so many international players representing the entire globe almost
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

TonyGilroy

Which may be a factor in us not taking the Carling (or whatever it is now) Cup too seriously.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 21, 2012, 10:48:37 AM

Which may be a factor in us not taking the Carling (or whatever it is now) Cup too seriously.
we put a strong team out though. just we played crap
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

A Humble Man

Quote from: fulhamben on October 21, 2012, 10:56:48 AM

I am not convinced we played crap as we created 15 good chances and if our finishing had been better would have won quite comfortably.  not all those who played yesterday were fully fit.  Because of injuries Jol is only just being able to asses what is strongest team is.  We have made out best ever start in the top Division without all our best players so let us see how it pans out but we are only one point behind 4th place.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

fulhamben

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 21, 2012, 11:59:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 21, 2012, 10:56:48 AM

I am not convinced we played crap as we created 15 good chances and if our finishing had been better would have won quite comfortably.  not all those who played yesterday were fully fit.  Because of injuries Jol is only just being able to asses what is strongest team is.  We have made out best ever start in the top Division without all our best players so let us see how it pans out but we are only one point behind 4th place.
i was talking about the wednesday game. tony said it may be a factor why we dont take the league cup seriously. i just pointed out that we did and put our strongest 11 available out.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 21, 2012, 08:05:25 AM
With Berbatov and Diarra on the pitch we oozed class and with the two class full backs putting on such polished performances we looked very dangerous.  If Ruiz comes good, some of the youngster show their full potential and we get at least one class midfielder in January we can easily get our best finish ever.  

Agree,I have a concern about our ageing defence,but as whole this team looks very fluid,very balanced.But Jol has to keep moving forward,keep an open mind,but I'm very impressed by the manager and the team he has assembled,COYWS

mangoputney

Positive CM and ball playing CB purchased in January... Definite default top ten / eight threat

Come on
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation