watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jennings interview in fultime

Started by Jack Fulham, October 21, 2012, 02:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

In the latest addition of Fultime. Very good interview with him. Most notable quote being this though.

"We have agreed with the Board that a third of the first team squad should be made up of Academy graduates by the 2014/15 season. That's the target that has been set and we believe it to be achieveable."

MJG

Hence the short term contacts. I have said this before that the development squad on mass are two years away from getting to the first team.

Lighthouse

Which is why we will never be better than we have been in the last few seasons. The best youth players will move on to bigger clubs if they do well  and we will always be having to find players at the end of their career to boost our team. In the end relying on youth will make us richer to buy older players. Ironic.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2012, 02:12:46 PM
Which is why we will never be better than we have been in the last few seasons. The best youth players will move on to bigger clubs if they do well  and we will always be having to find players at the end of their career to boost our team. In the end relying on youth will make us richer to buy older players. Ironic.

It's the way to self-sustainability. No surprises.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 21, 2012, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2012, 02:12:46 PM

It's the way to self-sustainability. No surprises.

Only if you find enough good youth players to make the grade. Otherwise you have a problem. Which is why this is as much of a gamble as any other.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope