watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Every year i am looking at how we are going to get 40 points and stay up

Started by St Eve, October 21, 2012, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

For the first time I really believe we are an established premiership team. I no longer fear relegation. I expect a top ten finish and Europe is no longer out of the question. Away games are not automatic defeats, and anything but a win at the cottage is disappointing. We no longer rely on 1 or 2 players. We have depth. We score goals and try to play football. We are currently 2 points off 4th place. Big spenders Spurs are 1 point ahead of us and we are ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal. It is a great time to be a Fulham fan

nose

nice sentiment and I sort of agree but things can turn round very fast in football, I am sure you know that too.
I always worry about relgation until it's obvious we are properly clear..... but yes it feels different this season definitely more optimistic!

JackyFulham90

I have experienced us being poor or close to the relegation zone over the years but if I'm honest I see no way we will finish below 10th, with the quality we have in our squad I think we should be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 8

Jack Fulham

We've had quite a strong start this season unlike the previous two and seeing as we usually finish strongly, it will be interesting to see where this season takes us, especially as we're more likely to strengthen in January as well.

fulham traveller

i spoke a ex ffc legend who asked me where we would finish i said 12th is a good season for us, he said we would finish a bit higher than that, i would say 9th is possible

Scrumpy

Agreed. I know we can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but I really think top half finish this year is more than likely.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jarv

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

We have had the best start to a season than we have had for years. But I am still not happy that this squad is good enough not to suffer many injury problems and be dragged into problems later on. So like a few others I will wait until we are sure before being too pleased with the season so far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 21, 2012, 09:48:52 PM
I think we should be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 8

I dunno, I think there are eight teams that we wouldn't be remotely embarrassed to finish below. Nine if West Brom continue as they are.
Top 10 is the target. Any more is a bonus.

RaySmith

As a long term Fulham fan optimism is alien to me - BUT I do feel somewhat positive. Just have to wait and see - early days yet.

AlFayedsChequebook

I'd expect us to stay above the relegation fray and a top 10 finish should be the aim, but I dont expect to finish in the top 10 nor win every home game.

F(f)CUK

I think the fact that this is our best start for 10 years, that Al Fayed is highlighting this in the Fultime magazine yet we are only 8th shows how poorly we have started in previous years.

filham

As always our focus has to be on getting those 40 points needed for safety.
We now only need 27 points from 30 games but that means nine more wins. Too early for optimistic predictions.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FF(C)UK on October 22, 2012, 10:56:29 AM
I think the fact that this is our best start for 10 years, that Al Fayed is highlighting this in the Fultime magazine yet we are only 8th shows how poorly we have started in previous years.

ONLY 8th??

Enter the Frei

Genuinely not worried at all by relegation.
With the squad we have does anyone really think that 3 from Villa, QPR, Norwich, Southampton, Wigan and Reading will not finish below us? I just can't see it happening

A mid table finish is nice but it would be lovely to see us push on.

filham

Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 22, 2012, 11:44:24 AM
Genuinely not worried at all by relegation.
With the squad we have does anyone really think that 3 from Villa, QPR, Norwich, Southampton, Wigan and Reading will not finish below us? I just can't see it happening

A mid table finish is nice but it would be lovely to see us push on.

filham

At the moment these teams are adrift but expect Villa to climb out of trouble and Norwich have just beaten Arsenal, anything can happen, it would be dangerous to write  off the teams that have just had a bad start.

Burt

As a long termer, I always view premier league survival as the main goal, and one that can never be taken for granted.

Outside of the top 4 or 5, it is always tight. 3 straight wins or 3 defeats on the trot and you are either fighting for a Europa League spot, or getting dragged in to a relegation scrap.

Having said all that, you can see now the mixture of Jol's tactics, signings, etc. starting to click together and with some exciting prospects coming up from the reserves things are looking quite rosy.