watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz to start at Reading ?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 22, 2012, 08:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

For me I would say no, he is quality and when he is fully fit he should be our number 10 off Berbatov but he shouldn't be able to walk straight back in he needs to come on and make a difference like Dejagah & Diarra did against Villa, should Jol stick to the Petric Berbatov combo or partner Rodallega & Berbatov again? For me he needs Rodallega upfront again with Berbatov playing off him thougts?

JBH

I think I will leave it upto Martin Jol to decide who should start  065.gif

fulhamben

hardly walking straight back in is it missing one game. and by your theory duff should now be behind hugo and ashkan to play on the right again
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlFayedsChequebook

It is between him and Rodellega to partner Berbatov as far as I am concerned.

Petric frustrated me on Saturday - he got shots off but seemed a bit ineffectual.

fulhamben

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 22, 2012, 08:52:50 AM

Petric frustrated me on Saturday - he got shots off but seemed a bit ineffectual.
agree with this.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2012, 08:54:18 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 22, 2012, 08:52:50 AM

agree with this.
with jol preffering to play with one striker behind the other. i think it should have been petric playing behind berbatov, and not what we saw on saturday.

RaySmith

I'm glad Jol is paid to make these kinds of decisions, and I don't.

But, I suppose Ruiz has the ability to make that telling pass that can unlock a defence - as does Berbatov.

I think the team might have benefited from Ruiz's presence against Villa.

TonyGilroy

We're in the extraordinary position of having in excess of 20 players who deserve to start.

For me the obvious thing is to stick with what worked against Villa (essentially Diarra and Dejegah) and let others make their case from the bench.

I wouldn't start Ruiz or Duff against Reading but they're great bench options and if they're needed and come on and do well they should keep their places.

epsomraver

On Duffs performance this season, leading goal scorer, of course he deserves to walk straight back in.

Basil

Agreed Duff deserves to walk strainght back in. Brilliant this season.
Petric seems to tire very early in games, he was out on his feet after 50 mins on Saturday in my eyes and this was not the first time.

Rupert

Are we going to get a series of these topics?

Schwarzer to start against Reading?
Duff to start against Reading?
Berbatov to start against Reading?

etc, etc, etc....

I appreciate it is a way of rapidly building up the number of posts you make (On Sale to the Big 4 is a huge status symbol, really, would I lie to you?), but sometimes it puts people off reading your topics if you start too many which could clearly be coalesced into one.

May I suggest "Starting eleven v whichever points fodder we play next week?" as a good title, obviously substituting the team name just in case we turn out to be the points fodder, and see how it goes.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Rupert on October 22, 2012, 09:49:10 AM
Are we going to get a series of these topics?

Schwarzer to start against Reading?
Duff to start against Reading?
Berbatov to start against Reading?

etc, etc, etc....

I appreciate it is a way of rapidly building up the number of posts you make (On Sale to the Big 4 is a huge status symbol, really, would I lie to you?), but sometimes it puts people off reading your topics if you start too many which could clearly be coalesced into one.

May I suggest "Starting eleven v whichever points fodder we play next week?" as a good title, obviously substituting the team name just in case we turn out to be the points fodder, and see how it goes.

Okay fait point I will take your advice on board as I'm new to the posting but thanks

JackyFulham90

As positive as Dejagah was Duff has been class this season and should start the game, Ruiz has been in & out and I'm a little worried with all these injuries he picks up

filham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 22, 2012, 10:34:44 AM
As positive as Dejagah was Duff has been class this season and should start the game, Ruiz has been in & out and I'm a little worried with all these injuries he picks up

Duff, if fully fit, cannot be left out he is so reliable, always plays well and rarely gives the ball away.

The thing to remember is that our attack did not look good on Saturday until Diarra and Dejagah came on, these two should therefoe start against Reading.

I wuld like to see:-

Dejagah   Baird Diarra  Duff

Ruiz

Berbatov

Bryanthebroom

For me, its an away game so might not be as much picking our best starting 11 rather than the starting 11 that Jol thinks can best exploit this reading team. As for Ruiz, I think it depends how much Reading tend to press teams when they don't have the ball. If Ruiz isn't going to be allowed that much time and space, I'd have Rodders ahead of him.

Riverside

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2012, 10:59:28 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 22, 2012, 10:34:44 AM

Duff, if fully fit, cannot be left out he is so reliable, always plays well and rarely gives the ball away.

The thing to remember is that our attack did not look good on Saturday until Diarra and Dejagah came on, these two should therefoe start against Reading.

I wuld like to see:-

Dejagah   Baird Diarra  Duff

Ruiz

Berbatov

Agree that Duff should walk straight back into the team.

I would pair Dave - more pace and stamina - with Berbatov upfront and then Ruiz fight his way off the bench if needed.

filham

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 22, 2012, 11:43:23 AM
For me, its an away game so might not be as much picking our best starting 11 rather than the starting 11 that Jol thinks can best exploit this reading team. As for Ruiz, I think it depends how much Reading tend to press teams when they don't have the ball. If Ruiz isn't going to be allowed that much time and space, I'd have Rodders ahead of him.
That means you would be giving preference to a player we signd on a free to one we paid £11m for, but I see exactly where you are comming from.

costarican white

I really want to see Ruiz and Berbatov playing together, we have had really bad luck with them, when there's one fit the other is injured and viceversa.

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2012, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 22, 2012, 11:43:23 AM
That means you would be giving preference to a player we signd on a free to one we paid £11m for, but I see exactly where you are comming from.

How much did we pay for Ruiz?

I find it amusing that people think Jol would play Ruiz because he spent a fair amount of money on him. No, he plays him because he rates him highly. If Ruiz was terrible, I doubt he would get a look in at all. As it is, Ruiz is perfectly serviceable and often deserves his place in the team - other than Berbatov, he provides the most creativity, especially with us lacking a passing CM.

cebu

Quote from: costarican white on October 22, 2012, 02:21:10 PM
I really want to see Ruiz and Berbatov playing together, we have had really bad luck with them, when there's one fit the other is injured and viceversa.

I'm completely with you on this one and feel that when both are fit and have a chance to practice together Jol will try this out in a competitive match.