more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re-match of the first ever FA Cup Final

Started by OvalJames, October 22, 2012, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvalJames

Hi Guys,

Just thought you'd be interested in a re-match of the first ever FA Cup Final between the Wanderers and the Royal Engineers marking the 140th anniversary of the competition. The game is being played at the Kia Oval on Wednesday 7th November with the game kicking off at 7pm – although there is a schools' tournament and women's match taking place beforehand. 

Both the original finalists still compete in non league competitions, so the standard should be alright (!) and we're donating all money raised to the Royal British Legion, Haig Housing Trust, and some local football teams in Lambeth.

Tickets cost £10 for adults and £1 for under 16's but all military personnel wearing uniform who are able to show a valid ID can get free entry to the game. Groups of 10 can attend for £50.

You can buy tickets here - http://www.kiaoval.com/1872-fa-challenge-cup/ - but please contact [email protected] or call 0844 375 1845 for more information.

Do come along if you're interested, if not sorry to have wasted your time.

Cheers

Mr_Moon

Can I qualify for the free entry if I turn up in Napoleonic uniform?

Burt

Rupert

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 22, 2012, 12:29:37 PM
Can I qualify for the free entry if I turn up in Napoleonic uniform?

As the man said, only if you have a valid ID.

What sort of Napoleonic uniform were you thinking of?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Rupert on October 22, 2012, 01:36:10 PM

As the man said, only if you have a valid ID.

What sort of Napoleonic uniform were you thinking of?

I'm afraid the ID expired a couple of centuries ago.

A Cuirassier uniform.

TonyGilroy

It should be played under 1872 rules with 1872 pitch markings, kit etc.

Peabody

And no goal nets. Also, they wore knickers then.

jarv

If I lived in UK, I would be there. Great idea. Non league football is very entertaining. Reasons, some very good players on show and at least once every game, someone gets the biggest cheer of the day for booting the ball over the roof of the stand. My son played for 3 seasons and I really enjoyed the occasional opportunity to watch the games.