Started by Sammyffc, October 22, 2012, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Fulham have rejected an approach from Blackburn Rovers for Coach Billy McKinlay

:scarf:

Im sure they want to be the new us !

Jack Fulham

SG

Who in their right mind would go up there and have to handle the chicken farmers mad house

jarv

Smurph planting somemore seeds up north??  Doing his :hook:

MOR :

Fulham have rejected Blackburn's request to speak with first-team coach Billy McKinlay about replacing Steve Kean as manager at Ewood Park.

Rovers have turned to their former midfielder, 43, after failing to land Tottenham's Tim Sherwood.

Ex-Scotland international McKinlay, who is among the most highly regarded young coaches in the game, is thought to be open to discussions about the role.

Billy McKinlay played 104 times for Blackburn

But he will only be given permission to enter talks if compensation is agreed.

McKinlay spent five years as a player at Ewood Park, playing 104 times for the club.

He is also the current Northern Ireland assistant manager.

Lighthouse

Oh for God's sake leave our players and coaches alone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MOR :

Quote from: Berserker on October 22, 2012, 05:35:53 PM
Did he come with Mark Hughes?

I'm sure he came before that "tosser", actually remember him playing for us back in 2005 I think.

Burt

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

Coleman signed him as a player I guess he never left as he helped run the team when Lewington took over again after Sanchez was dumped. I guess when Roy took over he moved him to manage the kids

aussierod

Yeah, he was signed as a player, essentially as a back up player with experience and then after a year he went into working with the stiffs I think and has progressed from there.

I never knew he was among the most highly regarded young coaches in the game, sounds positive and I guess from his point of view, he will most likely need to take a step back to make any progress as a manager in his own right, however he'd be a mad man to head up north under that ownership. Yes he'd know a few faces, ie Smurph and Dickson and they could turn it around and look to get a play-off spot and then who knows what could happen, but the ownership their is bonkers. That being said, everyone thought Mike Ashley was a mad man too and look how thats turned out....
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

BestOfBrede

We couldn't blame him for wanting to be a manager, but if he did well and got them promoted, he cannot believe they would not dump him for someone proven? They definitely are not trust worthy IMO