more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crystal Palace U21 v Fulham U21 - Tonight 19:00 Selhurst Park

Started by holradio, October 22, 2012, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holradio

Afternoon folks,

Just to let you know that from 18:30 tonight we'll be providing live commentary of the game between Palace & Fulham development game. We're a non-profit Palace based radio show, so to be given exclusive rights to all these games at Selhurst Park is a big deal for us, saying that though we try to be as unbiased as possible.

You can tune in for free from 18:30 tonight via www.holradio.net & click the tune in banner.

If that doesn't work try www.radio.holmesdale.net

Surprisingly, always a quality atmosphere at Selhurst for these games so if you can get to Croydon for the 7pm KO do come down, you won't regret it! Here's a video we recorded against Chelsea a few weeks ago!

Crystal Palace 2 - 2 Chelsea

As you can see we can take our youth team seriously, so if you do too make sure you tune in tonight!

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

keith

It`s very good,thank you.Brilliant reception in the Costa Blanca.

Jambo

Briggs, Kasami, Frei, Stockdale, Tavares playing.  1-0 down

@jambohunt

Jambo

still 1-0 down. Penalty saved by Stockdale. 35 mins gone

@jambohunt

JackyFulham90

Be interesting to see how Kasami & Frei get on they are talented but need to show some class to get in the team as our squad looks strong

fulhamben

have i got the right one. ive just got a silly woman on mine gigling and talking crap
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

Burt

Perhaps that's because the match has finished already  fp.gif

MasterHaynes

Report from Palaces site. Sounds like Stockdale had a stormer.

Palace's under 21 side stretched their own unbeaten run to three games as they claimed another Premier League scalp by beating a strong Fulham side 1-0 at Selhurst Park.

Danny Gabbidon was named amongst the starting XI as he made his first public appearance in a Palace shirt whilst Kwesi Appiah also featured from the start after returning to the club following a month's loan at Aldershot Town.

The game began brightly and just a minute had passed when Matthew Briggs forced Ross Fitzsimons into a low diving save. Moments later Jason Banton had Palace's first attempt, but his curling effort went narrowly off target.

The home side were inches away from taking the lead after 15 minutes when Ibra Sekajja latched onto a loose ball to break through the Fulham defence but smashed the crossbar with a rasping shot

The Cottagers should have taken the lead when James Musa had a free header from a corner on 23 minutes but put the chance wide, and they were punished by Palace a minute later when Banton was played in by Sekajja, and crossed the ball across the box for Appiah to cooly slot past David Stockdale.

Jame Fullerton's side should have doubled their lead on 35 minutes when Bayan Fenwick embarked on a mazy run and was felled in the box. Sekajja stepped up to take the spot-kick but Stockdale produced a fantastic one-handed save to tip the ball over the crossbar.

Following the interval Kerim Frei forced Fitzsimons into a low save and Banton tested Stockdale with a similar attempt as both sides continued to push forward in misty conditions in SE25.

However it was the away side that began to control the game and Frei went on a 50 yard run towards the Palace goal but dragged his shot wide and Pajtim Kasami shot straight at Fitzsimons as Fulham cranked up the pressure on the Eagles.

The impressive Banton then had two great chances to extend the lead, firstly forcing Stockdale into a decent stop, and two minutes later nearly replicated his fine individual goal against Chelsea last time out, but saw his shot blocked once again by the Fulham keeper.

Gabbidon came off with 15 minutes to go as he got some valuable playing time under his belt, but the game petered out as both sides failed to trouble either goalkeeper as Fullerton's men saw out the remaining minutes and picked up a vital three points.

Palace: Fitzsimons, Akaruka, Wynter, Taylor, Gabbidon (Chambers), Daniel, Fenwick (Kai-Kai), Boateng, Sekajja, Appiah, Banton. Subs not used: Gregory, Holland, Tieku.

tomcolemanfry

Did any other Fulham fan but me attend this last night?

Palace should of been 3-0 up by half-time. Well taken goal, then rattled the bar with a pinger. I think it was Tavares who made the foul for the penalty which Stockdale saved brilliantly! Second-half we looked a lot better. Frei looks back to full fitness and made a few decent runs, Kasami though as though he was struggling with fitness and got taken off on the hour mark. Was very impressed with James Musa and Jack Grimmer at centre-back.

Got a thumbs up outside off Kerim Frei after the match too, and our seats were next to the directors box, lot of scouts from all London teams in there! Not bad for a £5 ticket.