watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where was Kerim Frei Saturday??

Started by JackyFulham90, October 22, 2012, 03:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Jol said he was back fit and available for selection so I can only assume he was left out the 18? I know we have a lot of quality on the wings but Frei has to be worth a spot on the bench surely? Or was he infact injured?

AlFayedsChequebook

I think the problem is that we are now getting players back from injury so there is a lot of competition for the 7 spaces on the bench.

On sat we had the following on the bench:

Stockdale (obligatory GK)
Senderos (Obligatory CB)
Kasami
Kackaniklic
Diarra
Karagounis
Dejagah

Not sure who he displaces at the moment - perhaps Kasami eventually?

TonyGilroy

And add Duff and Ruiz next week.

Some very good players won't even make the bench but presumably Jol will rotate. There's also Kelly and Briggs. There needs to be some defensive options on the bench.

FFCAli

What a great problem to have!  Long may it last.

MasterHaynes

when duff and ruiz return there will be some very good players not even getting on the bench. Jol will have placate and still motivate some very dissapointed players to keep challenging especially where Frei and Kaca are concerned just hope they have not got stupid money grabbing agents and they can see the bigger future picture

filham

Our bench is looking better than it has ever done before , expect Hughes to come sniffing around when the winter window opens.

NogoodBoyo

"And add Duff and Ruiz next week.

Some very good players won't even make the bench but presumably Jol will rotate. There's also Kelly and Briggs. There needs to be some defensive options on the bench."

Nogood "thinking Briggs is toast, isit" Boyo

Zu-Meister

he was sitting on the cottage balcony along with ruiz, tavares, trotta and others. i think he tweeted it was the managers decision to leave him out and that he will play for the u21s or somin along those lines.

Riverside

Great to have competition .

But at the same time I am looking forward to seeing Frei back in the 1st team. At the very least as an impact sub .

Such an exciting prospect .

btings

He tweeted that he'll be playing against Crystal Palace in the U21s:
  Invalid Tweet ID

It is remarkable how deep the bench suddenly looks when people are healthy.  Not a lot of dead wood on this squad at all.

JackyFulham90

We lost all them key players and look how strong the squad still hos, how well has Jol done he has had a really good summer window

CH FFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 22, 2012, 07:48:01 PM
We lost all them key players and look how strong the squad still hos, how well has Jol done he has had a really good summer window

Funny~ being all the cries and panic at the end of the transfer window!

Shredhead

It's a pity we're not in the Europa League to give more players more match practice. Maybe the FA Cup will help.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Shredhead on October 22, 2012, 11:20:12 PM
It's a pity we're not in the Europa League to give more players more match practice. Maybe the FA Cup will help.

It's a pity that we were incapable of staying in the Capital One Cup!

Riverside

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 23, 2012, 12:13:28 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on October 22, 2012, 11:20:12 PM

It's a pity that we were incapable of staying in the Capital One Cup!

Agreed though that was a bad week . Dembele left that night . West Ham was next .
With the new signings beginning to settle and Jol coming up with non Dembele systems we have stabilised well.

zzamora

Lack of match fitness I presume. Only just come back.