more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Hangeland sign a new deal?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 22, 2012, 03:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

And for how long?

I'm going to say he will sign a new deal but only a 1 year deal keeping him at Fulham until 2014 before returning to Norway

jazz hardrockin

No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Aaron

It doesn't feel like he will to me.. 

If we could do some good business in January (Douglas maybe?) I'd be happy enough to seem him go as it's beginning to look like he's on the downward spiral.. or maybe it's just that heavy armband?

I'd rather see him leave us as a Fulham legend than hang around for another season and cost us points.  Brede is probably the finest CB we've ever had, but he's starting to slip in both how he plays and how he carries himself on the field.

God that sounds so harsh when I read it back, but just telling it how I think it is :(

Ordar

I expect this will sound harsh, but I think at this point, Brede needs us more than we need him.

He's been fantastic for us, but his high standards have slipped this season. If he decides to move on I'll wish him well but would have total faith in Jol to replace him more than adequately. Both our CB's are getting on now so both will be replaced in the next couple years anyway.

Fernhurst

Sack him...... Sack him....

Lets bring in that promising youngster with the silky touch from the Championship....... errrrrrrrr................
Zat Knight
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Brede will not sign a new deal. He will leave for a small fee to Man Utd and in his place we will sign 52 year old Gerhart Ridicule from FC Cologne  on a free and on a small contract. So small that poor old Gerhart can not read the big print let alone the small print.

Many fans will then talk about next season and all our new signings that we will never buy. Then other fans will mention our youth policy. Sadly none of our youth players manage to stay at Fulham and if they are any good are sold on.

The season after next we bring in a number of older players on short term contracts. So it will go until we all forget the pointless existance of our pathetic lives.

Harry Redknapp become FA Supremo.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DiegoFulham

I do hope so 1491 he is Mr Fulham the best CB I have seen 065.gif
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

MasterHaynes

He has always said he wants to finish his career in Norway so I guess it depends on how many years he feel he has left at the top and whether he feels he will be playing regulary at Fulham. I don't think he will want to move his family up north to just to sit on the bench week in week or at Spurs or Arsenal come to that. Spam and Ha Has are a possibility but would he really want to play for either of them - I don't know but the original poster might be spot on with 1 year then back to the homeland.

EJL

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 22, 2012, 04:10:24 PM
Brede will not sign a new deal. He will leave for a small fee to Man Utd and in his place we will sign 52 year old Gerhart Ridicule from FC Cologne  on a free and on a small contract. So small that poor old Gerhart can not read the big print let alone the small print.

Many fans will then talk about next season and all our new signings that we will never buy. Then other fans will mention our youth policy. Sadly none of our youth players manage to stay at Fulham and if they are any good are sold on.

The season after next we bring in a number of older players on short term contracts. So it will go until we all forget the pointless existance of our pathetic lives.

Harry Redknapp become FA Supremo.
064.gif

Burt

Not convinced that he will... Although I hope he does.

Brother Burt and I were discussing him at the Villa match, as we both feel that whilst he is pretty much the real deal at the back, when he comes forward for corners or other threatening set pieces he has been lacking a certain something... Certainly not a modern day Roger Brown. When was the last time he scored from one of these...?

Berserker

I think there is always the possibility that our players will go to West Ham or QPR if they are offered the right deal, it's a sign of the times.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

filham

Brede has been and still is the best centre back we have ever had and will be most dificult for us to replace.
Remember life before Brede , we had a string of ageing centre backs and were regularly leaking goals.

NogoodBoyo

My hard-to-decipher link on Saturday showed that he had a very good game.  The armband does seem to weigh heavily on his soul though. 
Finally, I don't think he will sign another contract.  It's all in the body lingo, the stares and the silences.  Just remember how right some of us were about Double D and Murphy at the end of last season when many were either scoffing or peering through rosies.
Nogood "sad to see the old giratory system go though, it will be"  Boyo

Admin

No, I've heard that he wants to leave in the summer when his contract expires and already has a gentlemans agreement in place with the club, by that I mean leave on good terms. Not sure the reasons, been told that he wants to wind down his career in Norway but also been told that he's another senior player that doesn't see eye to eye with Jol.

i've been wrong before and he'll prob end up at United for one last pay day.   

Berserker

I hope your right Admin, would like to see him go to Norway if he doesn't stay here. I agree with No Good as well, i don't think the arm band suits him.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Admin on October 22, 2012, 06:35:37 PM
No, I've heard that he wants to leave in the summer when his contract expires and already has a gentlemans agreement in place with the club, by that I mean leave on good terms. Not sure the reasons, been told that he wants to wind down his career in Norway but also been told that he's another senior player that doesn't see eye to eye with Jol.

i've been wrong before and he'll prob end up at United for one last pay day.   

If this widely circulated rumour is true why would Jol specifically mention that he was having talks with hangelands reps in the Friday press conference?

Seems an odd thing to say if there was such an agreement in place.

Also, why would he give up on good money - I doubt the tippenligen can pay what FFC are willing to offer?

TonyGilroy

And why would Jol make him captain if they didn't get on.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2012, 06:51:48 PM

I was made a team leader once even though the boss couldn't stand me. It wasn't about our friendship, it was about my leadership and what I brought to the company.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Admin on October 22, 2012, 07:05:55 PM

I was made a team leader once even though the boss couldn't stand me. It wasn't about our friendship, it was about my leadership and what I brought to the company.

Lousy decision by your boss in my opinion. A management team needs to be united and supportive of colleagues.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2012, 07:08:01 PM
Quote from: Admin on October 22, 2012, 07:05:55 PM

Lousy decision by your boss in my opinion. A management team needs to be united and supportive of colleagues.

Not really no.. He knew my capabilities as an employee and we were both professional when it came to work. I respected his business decisions and in turn, he respected mine. I did my job week in week out, produced the figures and everyone was happy In fact, we both had to work together once to close a 1.2 million quid private circuit for the NHS.