watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shaktar Donetsk

Started by FFCAli, October 23, 2012, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCAli

In their last Champions League match, against Juventus, I think 9 of their starting line up played at Fulham in 2010  -  and we all know what happened then.  It'll be interesting to see if any of the commentators mention their previous SW6 opponents tonight.

Burt

Still one of the more impressive sides I have seen.

Dark horses for the Champions League?

Rupert

Sky TV spokesman (allegedly) - "Shaktar Donetsk? They've never played English opposition before, have they?"

086.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 12:57:09 PM
Sky TV spokesman (allegedly) - "Shaktar Donetsk? They've never played English opposition before, have they?"

086.gif

Doubt that. They've also played Spurs and Arsenal.

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MOR :

Quote from: Burt on October 23, 2012, 12:42:44 PM
Still one of the more impressive sides I have seen.

Dark horses for the Champions League?

They were excellent down the Cottage...best I'd seen for ages...

cebu

!-0 Shakhtar

Fulham did better than that!   :005:

The Doctor

Quote from: MOR : on October 23, 2012, 07:10:26 PM
They were excellent down the Cottage...best I'd seen for ages...

It was terrifying watching them.  We couldn't get near the ball from just after Gera's goal until half time

Burt

A couple of surprises unfolding elsewhere - Celtic drawing 1-1 at the Nou Camp, and ManU losing 2-1 at home to Braga.

Jambo

Still the best footballing side I have ever seen at CC........ and we won 2-1!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JohnKovacs

Shaktar Donetsk are an amazing side to watch, very Barcelona-ish. They were/are a very technical side and frequently get 7 or 8 players in the opposition's box. I'm so glad we got past them in Europa, but as mentioned, they were a very technical side that was a pleasure to watch.

AlFayedsChequebook

One of the best sides I have seen at the cottage.

However, Fulham put in one of the all time defensive displays to keep them out. What a game.

OdecaMynoT

They were one of the favourites for the Euro cup 2010.To have beaten them over 2 legs back then was a truly remarkable achievement.Such a shame we ran out of steam in the final.Still,wonderful memories.
For all their technical ability and possession,sticking the ball in the net more than Fulham eluded them. BZ's goal at CC that night was not far behind Demps' goal against Juve in quality.

Coyw's
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

EJL

I remember how good they were at keeping the ball. Even after a move would break down they'd just regain possession straight away.

zzamora

Everytime me and my dad see the words "Shaktar" on the TV we both say, at the same time, "Still the best passing team I've seen at the cottage". Something else with their passing.

earlbeatty

Will always look back fondly on my visit to the Donbass for the 1-1 draw!!

I thought that was a great team performance, but Murphy really excelled that evening with his calmness.

It has also been nice to wind up the filth supporter in the office today with taunts about how Fulham didn't lose to Shakhtar!!

Happy days!!

EB

horse1031

they passed us off the park but we still won.  crazy

they had some scary attacking moves but finishing was lacking

The Doctor

Quote from: earlbeatty on October 24, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
Will always look back fondly on my visit to the Donbass for the 1-1 draw!!

I thought that was a great team performance, but Murphy really excelled that evening with his calmness.

...and then lost it in the dying moments and got sent off!  We were awful without him in Turin, although the way everybody else played that night him being there probably wouldn't have made much difference

JackyFulham90

Quality side I think they can go far in this year's champions league , what an achievement it was for us to knock them out of the Europa league

Rhys Lightning 63

I personally didn't like Shaktar when they came here (all that passing around, not my kind of thing, to each his own), but credit where it's due, they did hold the ball fantastically. Which is why I was worried with the 2-1 scoreline, I knew that if they scored first, it would be game over and we would be out. Thank god Brede got that header in the Donbass
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense