watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3rd kit would appear to be proper away kit now

Started by Chesh, October 23, 2012, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

What with the designated 3rd kit (which I think is quality by the way) being worn at Reading now, it would appear that someone at the club has realised that the orange mess should be consigned to the dustbin as a bad idea.

The black kit is more us, whereas the orange one looks like a poor Barnet effort (IMHO).

I really hope the black one is  the designated away kit from now on.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

JBH

Chesh

Quote from: JBH on October 23, 2012, 01:48:01 PM
I personally prefer the Orange Kit  065.gif
That's fair enough, I would guess the opinion might be split down the middle - I'm just wondering if the club have now decided to use the black one whenever possible, because that what it looks like.

There's no apparent reason why they couldn't wear orange at Wigan, Southampton or Reading.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

fulhamfan

shnlwswlkr

The orange kit is ridiculous, just because we have a dutch manager now suddenly means we should randomly throw in bright orange? No. The black kit is more us and very smart, I love it.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

TWFL

I think the black is being worn as the orange has white shorts which clash with Reading, well that's the only reason I can think of..

Mr_Moon

There was no reason for the club to play in it at Wigan and Southampton, it was completely unnecessary. It's just another way for the club to fleece fans gullible enough to part with £40. It's just snide.

MOR :

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 23, 2012, 03:28:02 PM
There was no reason for the club to play in it at Wigan and Southampton, it was completely unnecessary. It's just another way for the club to fleece fans gullible enough to part with £40. It's just snide.

Couldn't have put it better myself...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 23, 2012, 03:28:02 PM

I never get this - its not like you have to buy any of the shirts.

The third shirt is due to Premier League regulations isn't it?

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MOR : on October 23, 2012, 03:34:26 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself...

I understand the need for 3rd kits so I have no problem with us actually having one. But if anyone disagrees with my view then answer me this, why did the club wait until during the season to release the 3rd kit? They had a huge campaign for selling the away kit with pre-orders and a chance to win a car, something which was by the time the season started was old news/out of fashion. Now they're pushing to sell third kits by unnecessarily wearing them.

We have 3 new kits this season.

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 23, 2012, 03:45:36 PM

I never get this - its not like you have to buy any of the shirts.

The third shirt is due to Premier League regulations isn't it?

Well yeah, of course not. But there's always a market for people who have prioritised Fulham far too highly in their life. Also kids. It's also something which is wrong with our society where people see the need to have the latest things so buy the shirt season upon season.

Burt

I hated the third kit when I first saw it, but must admit that it is growing on me.

The orange one is quite nifty, albeit "untraditional".

Berserker

I just love orange and coverted the Wolves kit for several seasons. I'm like a pig in poo now, and love my orange away shirt with Duff on the back. I personally don't care what kit the players wear at what matches.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mangoputney

really like the black kit... orange just aint orange enough... seen a few around the cottage and already look 'washed' out
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Andy_M

I'm in the camp of thinking the black (3rd kit) is far better than the orange (away kit). So I'm happy if the club has opted to use it as our actual away kit because I'm really not a fan of the orange one.

It's nice to have a kit without the abnormally large FX Pro logo on!
@got_maile

Oiseau

I really like the third kit. Depending on how well we do this season (I'm very superstitious) I might consider purchasing it come next May. I'd only really wear it to the gym, though.

JackyFulham90

I hope not as I just got the orange away shirt for my birthday and really like it

MikeR

We should keep playing in the third kit until we lose an away game in it.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken