News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fan power forces Rovers to pull plug on McKinlay's move !!!

Started by MOR :, October 24, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Blackburn have pulled the plug on their attempt to appoint Fulham's first-team coach Billy McKinlay as their new manager following protests from fans.
The club's global advisor Shebby Singh hoped to appease supporters in the wake of Steve Kean's unpopular reign by installing a former player as his successor, and had already tried to bring in Tim Sherwood from Tottenham.

But the move backfired over McKinlay's lack of managerial experience and suggestions – denied by sources close to him – that he remains friends with Kean from their time together at Fulham.
'Supporters are not willing to put up with another experiment,' said Glenn Mullan, chairman of the Blackburn Rovers Action Group.
'Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown.'

Fulham had already rejected Blackburn's initial approach for 43-year-old McKinlay on Monday, and the threat of more boycotts by disgruntled fans has convinced Singh to look elsewhere.

elgreenio

'well we didn't want him anyway' etc etc. Such a joke club nowadays Blackburn

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

jarv

Sent supporters into meltdown........ 064.gif   Don't know why but that had me laughing out loud.

hongkongfulham

its funny this guy shebby singh was a pundit out here in SE asia and was an absolute joke. literally knew nothing and the other panalists would take the piss out of him with him oblivious. He just went on about how he loves spurs, also some lads i know played 6 a side with him and said he was poo.

Ive been waiting to unleash on this guy but didnt have a chance before haha! really embarrasing to have him involved in decision making at any professional level let alone a club in the championship. Rant done

The Enclosurite

Blimey, if they leave it up to the fans to choose the manager they'll be without until Pep Guardiola loses his marbles and fancies a shot at the ultimate management accolade that is the Championship title.  080.gif
¡COYW!

Burt

Well... To be fair to them, given their pedigree you would expect to have a manager with a bit more of a track record.