watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Re-visited

Started by Kent Cassandra, October 24, 2012, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent Cassandra

Last time I watched Fulham play at Reading was at this time of year in 1992.  Her indoors and I drove all the way up from Wadebridge in North Cornwall in the pouring rain for an evening match. I remember standing in the away supporters corral behind the goal with no cover and it pelted down for ninety minutes.  It was something like a tropical rainstorm only freezing cold. We got tanked 3-0 and we drove the four hour journey home  in squishy clothes.
Aelish swore that she would never watch Fulham play again.  She didn't mean it though and I managed to get her to come to the Villa match last Saturday albeit twenty years later.
What's the forcast for Saturday?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

daib0

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on October 24, 2012, 11:07:01 PM
What’s the forcast for Saturday?

The weather or the football?

The weather - in theory, good sunny afternoon - click Saturday on here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639577

The football - well, I'm a Royals fan so what can I say? - Reading 3 Fulham 2 !!!
But admittedly, could go any way ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

mr-ska

1 -2 Fulham Bebatov had a rest Saturday  so im expecting a performance..

Holders

Last time I went to Reading it was at Tilehurst Lane in one of the cup competitions - 1-1, John Richardson equalised for us.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cheerupjimmyhill

That was the first game i took my wife to as well. We lose 3 - 0 it was lashing down with rain and in the open end at Elm park (elm park?), it took nearly two hours to get there from Uxbridge and then forgot where i parked. Remember their guy hit a beautiful curler in our top corner to be fair.

Funny thing is that was in the early days of our relationship and she loved it, but if it was now twenty years down the road i'd have silent treatment for a month..

Kent Cassandra

That was in the early days of our relationship (reconstituted family), we weren't in the flush of youth as she was 45 and I was 55.  Actually that match was better than the Villa match at least the opposition were entertained. Even so I think she is back on track now as she said that the atmosphere was good and she would come with me again.
Hard for me to see them lose on Saturday but even if they do I hope the performance improves.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

MJG

That Reading game (which I think was a friday night) and Gillingham away (when the police took my umbrella away) were the two games which i always remember or mention, as being the two wettest games i have ever been to.