https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei gone to cardiff apparently

Started by Zu-Meister, October 26, 2012, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

fp.gif
Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 26, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
I think playing in a top championship side week in week out will aid his development, loook what it doi for Kaca. The  most interesting point in that article is that he needs international clearance as he now a designated as a turkich national currently outside of the EU. Will he live to regret the decision to play for Turkey instaed of EU affiliated Switzerland? might be sooner rather than  later if Cardiff do not receive clearance.

Nothing to do with Frei's nationality but that Cardiff are a Welsh club.  All transfers between English & Welsh clubs have the additonal red tape to go through.

St Eve

As long as he returns. He has fantastic potential

Archibald Leitch

Perhaps Kerim couldn't deal with living on his own in the bachelor pad him and Briggs rent out and insisted on a short-team loan deal. They really are the best of friends...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Ordar on October 26, 2012, 12:35:40 PM
Dont see how anyone can think this is a bad move. We have loads of cover out wide, and Frei has fallen behind Kaca in the wide man pecking order (not to mention the arrivals of the two other wide players). He's not going to get a game here so its good that he's going to a side chasing promotion.

Hopefully they will be able to find his best position, as I still dont know what that is. He doesnt seem a wide player, and isnt quite good enough to be a number 10. If he has a bit more physical presence (and could tackle and read the game a bit better) I'd be tempted to try him in CM in a Dembele-esque role.

Putting Kerim into a Dembele role would not be a good idea IMO. He is a perfectly good wide player who likes to cut inside and I could definitely see him as a no.10.

The real issue is his age - he is still very young. No doubt as he grows and gets more experience he will turn potential into talent.

JBH

Very good move, he has had a long injury lay off and needs to get match fit  :54:

Max Headroom

Cardiff is my second team, so got to be good for them....

I also think it is good for us too. Completely agree that he will get a few games under his belt, and if he plays exceptionally well for them, he will come back into our team, but at the moment given the wealth of attacking players he may spend ages on the bench....

smart move.

Ordar

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 26, 2012, 01:38:24 PM
Putting Kerim into a Dembele role would not be a good idea IMO. He is a perfectly good wide player who likes to cut inside and I could definitely see him as a no.10.

The real issue is his age - he is still very young. No doubt as he grows and gets more experience he will turn potential into talent.

I agree that he isnt suited for CM because of the factors I mentioned. I disagree with him being a wide option though. I cant remember him ever actually crossing the ball, and he constantly wants to come inside. Currently his final ball needs some work, and he needs games to learn a bit more. He's never getting into our side as a number 10 with Berbatov and Ruiz available

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Ordar on October 26, 2012, 02:18:35 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 26, 2012, 01:38:24 PM

I agree that he isnt suited for CM because of the factors I mentioned. I disagree with him being a wide option though. I cant remember him ever actually crossing the ball, and he constantly wants to come inside. Currently his final ball needs some work, and he needs games to learn a bit more. He's never getting into our side as a number 10 with Berbatov and Ruiz available

I can't remember Dempsey ever crossing the ball either, but he was our first choice left midfielder last season.

Frei is an inside forward rather than a winger. He still has plenty of learning to do, but the idea that cutting in from the wing is a bad idea is just wrong.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 26, 2012, 10:15:47 AM

This is not good news, and shows how inconsistent Jol is with dealing with our best young talent, the age of our squad and 1st team and transfer policy. In July, Jol talked about the need to loan out our young players for experience, and specifically referred to Matthew Briggs, Pajtim Kasami and Marcello Trotta - that did make sense. Frei and Kaca should still be in the mix for 1st team matches, as that is the level they are at for their development. If Frei does exceptionally well and Cardiff are up for promotion, they will probably make a bid - it is quite possible Fulham will accept! Is this the way that Kaca will go? Jol's transfer policy is freezing out our young talent. It is all getting to be about the short term, and not looking to the future. Possibly, if this is true about Frei, you begin to wonder if this is also about reducing the wage bill with the type of transfers Jol has instigated?

I've been absent from this forum for some time and will soon be departing again but I had to return just to reply to this ludicrous and silly comment.
We have lots of competition on the left with Kacanicklic, Richardson and Rodallega ahead of Frei. Duff can also play there.
Frei although extremely talented is rather one dimensional, he relies far too much on having quick feet. Kacanicklic has developed quicker than him. Let's not forget that Kacanicklic had an extremely successful loan at Watford.
As for the conclusion that this will inevitably lead to a permanent departure that is completely ludicrous, did Kacanicklic leave?
Jol is not being at all inconsistent: Briggs, Kasami, Trotta and Frei are not as good as the competition and will not be playing that often. At such a young age they need to be playing to develop. Stockdale if he is being groomed to take over from Schwarzer will need a loan spell too. All of the loan contracts will include a recall option so they can return if required.

Jol's first priority is to play the best players he has available. Richardson was brought in because Briggs and Frei were not ready to be playing regularly. When they are ready I'm in no doubt they will be playing. Kacanicklic is the perfect example of this.

JustOverTheRiver

Jol has made a justified decision here. It will give the lad a month of consistent game play. He can't be promised that at the cottage at the moment.

St Eve

Quote from: The Moose on October 26, 2012, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 26, 2012, 10:15:47 AM

This is not good news, and shows how inconsistent Jol is with dealing with our best young talent, the age of our squad and 1st team and transfer policy. In July, Jol talked about the need to loan out our young players for experience, and specifically referred to Matthew Briggs, Pajtim Kasami and Marcello Trotta - that did make sense. Frei and Kaca should still be in the mix for 1st team matches, as that is the level they are at for their development. If Frei does exceptionally well and Cardiff are up for promotion, they will probably make a bid - it is quite possible Fulham will accept! Is this the way that Kaca will go? Jol's transfer policy is freezing out our young talent. It is all getting to be about the short term, and not looking to the future. Possibly, if this is true about Frei, you begin to wonder if this is also about reducing the wage bill with the type of transfers Jol has instigated?

I've been absent from this forum for some time and will soon be departing again but I had to return just to reply to this ludicrous and silly comment.
We have lots of competition on the left with Kacanicklic, Richardson and Rodallega ahead of Frei. Duff can also play there.
Frei although extremely talented is rather one dimensional, he relies far too much on having quick feet. Kacanicklic has developed quicker than him. Let's not forget that Kacanicklic had an extremely successful loan at Watford.
As for the conclusion that this will inevitably lead to a permanent departure that is completely ludicrous, did Kacanicklic leave?
Jol is not being at all inconsistent: Briggs, Kasami, Trotta and Frei are not as good as the competition and will not be playing that often. At such a young age they need to be playing to develop. Stockdale if he is being groomed to take over from Schwarzer will need a loan spell too. All of the loan contracts will include a recall option so they can return if required.

Jol's first priority is to play the best players he has available. Richardson was brought in because Briggs and Frei were not ready to be playing regularly. When they are ready I'm in no doubt they will be playing. Kacanicklic is the perfect example of this.

Try thinking before you speak in the future.
The loan peiod will probably be good for him, but I would pick Frei over Richardson any day of the week

JackyFulham90

I also think Frei is better than Richardson but Jol sees the players in training if he says that Frei needs a month on loan then it gets my vote

ffcbulgaria

He has the Swiss nationality I believe. I don't see what clearance he needs unless there's some restriction for people from Switzerland to work in the UK?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 26, 2012, 07:51:56 PM
He has the Swiss nationality I believe. I don't see what clearance he needs unless there's some restriction for people from Switzerland to work in the UK?
Switzerland isn't in the EU.

Jambo

Not a bad move.  Top clubs do it all the time.  Cleverley went to Watford at freight age.  Sure he will be a star for fulham in the future
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: The Moose on October 26, 2012, 08:00:50 PM

Did Hangeland need a clearance? Did Senderos need one? I think you should be getting my point now :D

cebu

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on October 27, 2012, 12:01:39 AM

Did Hangeland need a clearance? Did Senderos need one? I think you should be getting my point now :D

Hangeland is from Norway, so no clearance was required. Senderos is Swiss, so clearance was required.

JackyFulham90

Will be interested to see how Frei does at Cardiff he is a quality youngster would like to see how he gets on in the championship

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cebu on October 27, 2012, 01:52:07 AM

Hangeland is from Norway, so no clearance was required. Senderos is Swiss, so clearance was required.

Norway isn't in the EU either.

Bassey the warrior

I don't know. But both were international regulars when they came here.