watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting Stat

Started by White Noise, October 26, 2012, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham players have intercepted more passes than any other team in the Premier League (151).

MJG

Baird is great at reading where a pass is going and intercepting them.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2012, 12:16:22 PM

Diarra too, so if we play both of them we should be solid defensively.

Bryanthebroom

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-reading-v-fulham-001118810.html

"Chris Baird has averaged five interceptions per 90 minutes played, the most frequent rate of any player in the top flight."

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

Stats are really interesting, it could mean we are good at interceptions OR it could mean we have less possession than any other comparable team and therefore have more opportunities to intercept.

Without further data I can clearly say it may be either a good or bad statistic!

By the way Baird and diarra are playing really well and if they can start together it would be great

dgnffc

This could also mean he's able to get a foot in to deflect it somewhere. What would be more interesting would be stats on how many of the interceptions where we actually then retained possession.

alfie

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 26, 2012, 01:27:30 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2012, 12:16:22 PM

Diarra too, so if we play both of them we should be solid defensively.

that is a great stat to have, unfortunately it is what they do with it after the interception that is the problem.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: nose on October 26, 2012, 03:14:51 PM
Stats are really interesting, it could mean we are good at interceptions OR it could mean we have less possession than any other comparable team and therefore have more opportunities to intercept.

Without further data I can clearly say it may be either a good or bad statistic!

By the way Baird and diarra are playing really well and if they can start together it would be great
One way of reading this type of stat, is that we dont tackle much and look for other ways to win the ball. Remember under Roy a tackle was the last resort, we stand up to teams and look for them to make the mistake.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2012, 06:20:27 PM
Quote from: nose on October 26, 2012, 03:14:51 PM

One way of reading this type of stat, is that we dont tackle much and look for other ways to win the ball. Remember under Roy a tackle was the last resort, we stand up to teams and look for them to make the mistake.
Which is why we have only given a couple of penalties away, least bookingsand  no red cards(except Geras 2 min of madness) in the last few years

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 26, 2012, 07:29:14 PM
Which is why we have only given a couple of penalties away, least bookingsand  no red cards(except Geras 2 min of madness) in the last few years

That'd suggest there's a certain ethos at the club as it's period in our history which covers three different managers.

Huxley

Could it be that our field is smaller than others, so less room...

HatterDon

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on October 26, 2012, 08:10:59 PM
Could it be that our field is smaller than others, so less room...

no
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 26, 2012, 07:34:57 PM

That'd suggest there's a certain ethos at the club as it's period in our history which covers three different managers.

Good point that, Hughes QPR seems to get plenty of red cards.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 26, 2012, 07:34:57 PM

on this note a West Brom player (think it was Olsen) was speaking about the lack of defensive work they now do in training because everyone knows their job after Roys reign in charge. Core of our defence is still Roy's side so it may well still be a part of his legacy that has stayed on