https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

roddy and richardson are weak links

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 27, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

They have been poor so far this season.

alexbishop

I can't be sold on Rodellega. Finishing is so so poor. His first touch is also poor. He has pace and works hard but no more.

Richardson I can't form an opinion on yet.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulham1234

I think they are both good squad players, but not good enough to be starting with our current players! maybe rodallega for aways because he can stretch defences with his pace

LBNo11

...be careful about pointing out weaknesses in players, you could be accused of seeking out a scapegoat/whipping boy. We have to wait and see, no matter how long it takes...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

I'm disappointed in Richardson. I always rated him and thought he'd be an upgrade over Frei. I still think he'll do us a job, but he was crap today. I NEVER have rated Rodallega. I want to see Ruiz up front with Berba -- like the last half hour today -- and Kaca & Dejagah sharing wing time [with Duff to shift as necessary].
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

Richardson and Hugo move well off the ball. Wish their finishing was better.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jambo

Richardson delivery today was very poor.  In the first half he had several chances to get the ball in but just hit the first man.  I want to give Dave a chance, just didn't work hard enough today.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Max Headroom

I agree..... Richard sons crossing today was poor, and rod was not in the game..... Ruiz changed the game and was in immense.... I want to see kaca and de jagger on the wings

ffc73

With the squad we have if you start & don't perform you can be subbed &/or dropped for the next game

Sidwell last week for instance

It is unlikely Hugo will start next week & there has to be a question mark over Richardson's starting place

What I found disappointing today was that Kaca was not on the bench. If Duff was still not 100% fit after his man flu another left sided option would have been preferable to 2 centre midfielders in Sidwell & the Greek

kiwiwaka

We have to play them to get them used to the team. Rodallega is good in the sense he disrupts defences. I have to say though, the best I've seen Rodallega play for us is when hes been moved onto the left wing rather than up front. Ruiz/Berbatov is our best two up top, would love to see Berba/Petric and Ruiz just behind as well, though!

cmg

Quote from: kiwiwaka on October 28, 2012, 12:31:57 AM
I have to say though, the best I've seen Rodallega play for us is when hes been moved onto the left wing rather than up front.

You may well be right, but changing to a wide man is not a good career move in this squad.

Of all our signings Rodallega's was the one of which I was least enamoured. However I am sure Jol knew exactly who he was...(and that Hugo did not think that the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham was a suburb of Glasgow).

NogoodBoyo

Agreed.  Both looked like weak links in a very strong squad to me.  But Frei couldn't be on the bench if he's off to Cardiff on loan, could he?  
To me, Ruiz operated in midfield today.  That's his best position.  Diarra was a renaissance man after our Bryan came on.  I would like to have seen ether Kaca or Frei play rather than Richardson who delivers crosses as well as a vampire.
Also, Rodders doesn't seem to have the touch or composure required at this level.  His long, slow walk off seemed a recognition that he was going to be Sidwelled next week too.  I don't think we'll see him for a while unless injuries give him a lifeline.
Nogood "harsh but true, isit" Boyo

Mr Fulham

We should also talk about Mark Schwarzer's distribution.

the nutflush

Was going to start a thread with exactly the same topic.  You beat me to it.  Richardsons delivery has been very disappointing so far.  Kaca or Frei are way better options on the left in my opinion.  I would like to see more of Dejagah.  He looks dangerous whenever he goes near the ball.  He has a bit of Dembele about him.  He wants to get the ball and run with it.  A bit like Frei too.  Maybe Duff on the left and Dejagah on the right is another option?  On the positive side the combination of Ruiz and Berba looks like the one up front.  Rodders tries hard but he looks a bit lost. 

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 27, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Yes they are.And they've being purchased out of sheer desperation. Hope they go soon
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

JohnKovacs

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on October 28, 2012, 02:46:41 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 27, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Yes they are.And they've being purchased out of sheer desperation. Hope they go soon

especially Richardson. I still have a glimmer of hope for Hugo.

St Eve

Richardson is a waste. Hugo has a hope

JBH

MJG

Richardson is on a hiding to nothing really. He comes in the team the day we lose Dempsey(so of course people think he's a Dempsey replacement), he seems to be ahead of Kaca & Frei (Young & pacy) on the left. And his performances since he joined have been mixed at best.   In hindsight I cant really see the point in buying him. Yes hes a good utility player and I'm sure he works hard and maybe even an able LB in case Riise is injured (but then hes blocking Briggs from getting games) but I do wonder what he really brings to the game that those younger options cant give (especally attacking wise).

Dave has also been mixed in his performances and while he has missed some sitters at least he has been in those positions. Also he has been asked to play right across the pitch, Right & Left Midfield, off the striker and the main one as well.What have we (and Jol) learnt from those games..that hes a striker, not a right or left sided midfielder in a bank of 4.
He has shown in games with Brbatov that he makes the running and creates space for others to move into. Hes always going to be a player who blows hot & cold, but with his pace its another option than say any combination of Berbatov/Petric/Ruiz who all want to come and get the ball and this makes us a little flat up front sometimes. I'm happy for all 4 of these players to mix and match as the season goes on.

The good think about a big squad is if your performace drops then the manager can change it. From yesterday I would drop both Richardson & Dave for next week, it will be intersteing to see if Jol does the same.

craig10

Didn't think Hugo was that bad. Linked up well, 1st touch was good yesterday his finishing let him down yesterday for the headers. But as its been said he has played right, left and through the middle!!!

Funny how (and I'm glad cos I like it him) but Ruiz comes on and does well and he is the best thing since slice bread yet others get slated dispite an ok performance. Did I watch a different game against Southampton when Ruiz 1st, 2nd and 3rd touch was awful lol

Richardson was very very annoying. His crossing was awful and he also took up Riise position so he rarely got forward as much as he usually does but one thing u do get from him is he tracks back well and defends in the right areas. Unlike when Rodders plays wide.