watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

chelsea report clattenburg for inappopriate racial language

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 29, 2012, 07:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

First of, Spanish t**t isn't anything racial, if that's what all the fuss is about.
Second, Young was a red card. Torres was not. That said, from the point of view of the ref, it looked like a dive. It's easy now to start blaming the ref in everything possible there is, when things go wrong
Third, why won't they start using technology in football in these kind of situations, is beyond me. Especially finding the divers and punishing them. And stop blaming the referees. They are only human, with all the abuse they get...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Logicalman

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 29, 2012, 12:45:06 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2012, 12:33:45 PM
A referee can't use that sort of language and if he did that really should be the end of his career.

Same sort of thing as the Chief Whip calling the police plebs. People in authority have to be held to higher standards than the rest of us t***s and p***s.

It doesn't have to be racial in my opinion.

Well, when officials with far more authority than Clattenberg are held to that standard I'll agree with you. But seeing as they aren't, he should be treated like the players have been.

Well, if we are not going to take any action solely due to those "officials with far more authority" not being held to any standards, then I believe that Suarez and JT should have been given an apology by the FA for smearing their 'good' names, a pound out of the till and told to carry on with anything they want to do or say.

Sorry, a very poor argument for not taking action against somebody, perhaps 'two wrongs don't make a right' is appropriate?

Whether or not someone might class referring to somebodies citizenship or place of birth when using other derogatory terms as racial or not, referees must be held to a higher degree of standard than the players, as they judge the players themselves on the pitch. In the same manner as we should hold judges and magistrates to a higher degree of behaviour than the louts they sentence each day.

Logicalman

Quote from: Count Berbatov on October 29, 2012, 03:39:09 PM
First of, Spanish t**t isn't anything racial, if that's what all the fuss is about.

It isn't? I think the Race Relations Act 1976 might just disagree with you (Race Relations Act 1976 section3)......

"racial grounds" means any of the following grounds, namely colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins;
"racial group" means a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins, and references to a person's racial group refer to any racial group into which he falls.

So, calling some a Spanish {expletive} or a Black {expletive} seems to be the same in this case, or am I reading that incorrectly?

epsomraver

Second, Young was a red card. Torres was not. That said, from the point of view of the ref, it looked like a dive. It's easy now to start blaming the ref in everything possible there is, when things go wrong
Third, why won't they start using technology in football in these kind of situations, is beyond me. Especially finding the divers and punishing them. And stop blaming the referees. They are only human, with all the abuse they get...

No Torres was a second yellow so he went, what I think made the ref believe he dived was the pathetic holding of his knee when there clearly was very little if any contact. We want the cheats punished, the refs tighten up and then we get the moaners again :bang head:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: epsomraver on October 29, 2012, 05:09:09 PM

No Torres was a second yellow so he went, what I think made the ref believe he dived was the pathetic holding of his knee when there clearly was very little if any contact. We want the cheats punished, the refs tighten up and then we get the moaners again :bang head:

So when I retaliate tomorrow after being shot to bits today over whether or not Torres should have gone can I now claim to be in a minority of two?

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on October 29, 2012, 04:19:17 PM

It isn't? I think the Race Relations Act 1976 might just disagree with you (Race Relations Act 1976 section3)......

"racial grounds" means any of the following grounds, namely colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins;
"racial group" means a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins, and references to a person's racial group refer to any racial group into which he falls.

So, calling some a Spanish {expletive} or a Black {expletive} seems to be the same in this case, or am I reading that incorrectly?

Right then, I'll be jotting down all the "Yank" "sceptic" and "merchants" I see from now on. Harumph.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chesh

As Canon says on TiFF:

'If Mark Clattenburg did indeed make a racist remark, then Chelsea will be left with no option but to make him captain'

064.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ffc73

:plus one: 

Anyone else care to join the ScalleysDad minority?

Alan

Quote from: Rupert on October 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM
Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on October 29, 2012, 02:28:54 PM
Referees, lines men and 4th officials are all linked up via their microphones and ear pieces. One would hope that one of them would report any language deemed innapropriate.

This is going to be fascinating.

The ref is linked to his assistants via a live mic, so he can not turn it off, so they and the fourth official will have heard every word. The referee observer, the bloke who marks the referee's report, can also be linked in if he so chooses, that may become mandatory now.
Does anyone know who the fouth official was?

If they have said nothing, this will go deeper than Clattenburg being in trouble, the other officials will have to explain themselves as well. This assumes Chelsea can prove that Clattenburg said whatever he is alleged to have said, for which they may well need some video evidence.
It may, of course, just be Chelsea trying to throw a strop over the whole Terry affair. We shall see.

Also, any odds that we will see refs suddenly get a lot less tolerant of the normal match day abuse they get?

Looked like the 4th official was Mike Jones, the ref from our match on Saturday. So, we already know he's poo.
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

epsomraver

Quote from: Alan on October 29, 2012, 06:09:20 PM
Quote from: Rupert on October 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM
Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on October 29, 2012, 02:28:54 PM
Referees, lines men and 4th officials are all linked up via their microphones and ear pieces. One would hope that one of them would report any language deemed innapropriate.

This is going to be fascinating.

The ref is linked to his assistants via a live mic, so he can not turn it off, so they and the fourth official will have heard every word. The referee observer, the bloke who marks the referee's report, can also be linked in if he so chooses, that may become mandatory now.
Does anyone know who the fouth official was?

If they have said nothing, this will go deeper than Clattenburg being in trouble, the other officials will have to explain themselves as well. This assumes Chelsea can prove that Clattenburg said whatever he is alleged to have said, for which they may well need some video evidence.
It may, of course, just be Chelsea trying to throw a strop over the whole Terry affair. We shall see.

Also, any odds that we will see refs suddenly get a lot less tolerant of the normal match day abuse they get?

Looked like the 4th official was Mike Jones, the ref from our match on Saturday. So, we already know he's sh1t.

This is the Filth's way of taking the attention away from the fact that objects were thrown at Manure players , clearly visible on Sky and a steward was injured by the filth fans as well

Berserker

Was it the txxt word that did it? I must admit i do tend to refer to people as one of those sometimes at work, although not to their faces. Mind you i am in IT support so i expect a lot of our users call the whole of my department txxt's frequently! There is alot of txxting about where i work!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FFC73 on October 29, 2012, 06:04:35 PM
:plus one: 

Anyone else care to join the ScalleysDad minority?

Claridge is on board. This time tomorow we will be a movement ..............

Nero

Can you imaging how ref's could get there own back if they held up foul and abusive language law. It would be 5 a side by half time

craig10

Apparently John Obi Mikel went into the referees room where clatenburg was and threatened to "loving break ur leg"

Chelsea were hard done by to a degree however that doesn't excuse them for being one of, if not, the worst losers in the prem

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Right then, I'll be jotting down all the "Yank" "sceptic" and "merchants" I see from now on. Harumph.

So you are still okay about "Brother Johnathon" then?   :wine:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: LordNelson on October 29, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on October 29, 2012, 10:43:54 AM
Rumour has it that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as a "Spanish Tw*t", if true, then surely the FA have to treat it in similar manner to the John Terry case. Also, John Obi Mikel was rumoured to go into the referee's dressing room after the game to demand an apology over using derogtary language.

If true, Mark Clattenburg is a disgrace and should never referee again.

There's a "Spanish" race now???????  If he said it, it was unprofessional but hardly "racial."  Surely there's something besides that they are alleging.

It's racial, because it uses natioanality in a derogartoryway

LordNelson

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 30, 2012, 09:13:34 AM
Quote from: LordNelson on October 29, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on October 29, 2012, 10:43:54 AM
Rumour has it that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as a "Spanish Tw*t", if true, then surely the FA have to treat it in similar manner to the John Terry case. Also, John Obi Mikel was rumoured to go into the referee's dressing room after the game to demand an apology over using derogtary language.

If true, Mark Clattenburg is a disgrace and should never referee again.

There's a "Spanish" race now???????  If he said it, it was unprofessional but hardly "racial."  Surely there's something besides that they are alleging.

It's racial, because it uses natioanality in a derogartoryway

Take a step back, re-read what you just wrote.  Does it not sound absurd?  Pure newspeak.  If that is the law, then the law is an arse, sir.  Not trying to excuse any unprofessional conduct and not assuming that any actually occurred.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Nightwind15

Mark is  a quality official and if he did indeed utter some racial (hell, everything can be construed as racial these days) then suspend him for a time and then lets get on with life.  Now secondly, allowing the player to curse the officials needs to be dealt with as well.  There should be zero tolerance for this.  It would be ok to verbally dissent a call to a degree but not to curse the poor fellows that with there would be no game but a out and out brawl at every match, then we could change the name of it to HOCKEY!!!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

AlFayedsChequebook

Torres, Romelu and Mata are now saying that they never heard any of the alleged abuse and that someone else reported it to them.

Also, Mikel never heard the alleged abuse directly but still threatened Clattenburg to 'break your f**king legs'

Who is the mysterious Chelsea player who heard what no one else appears to? John Terry?

JustOverTheRiver

Warnock has come out calling Chelsea sore losers, I agree with him. Had they had an offside winner in extra time I don't think they would have any problems...