https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

chelsea report clattenburg for inappopriate racial language

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 29, 2012, 07:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

epsomraver

Berserker

I'm sorry to say this, but Chelsea, their owner, their manager and their players get on my pip.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mr-ska

I felt CFC were hard done by..  im no fan..  but Refs Bias towards UTD gets worse each week.

Slaphead in Qatar

I am not entirely sure the first one was a red card. There was little or no contact and young went down far too easily.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Rumour has it that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as a "Spanish Tw*t", if true, then surely the FA have to treat it in similar manner to the John Terry case. Also, John Obi Mikel was rumoured to go into the referee's dressing room after the game to demand an apology over using derogtary language.

If true, Mark Clattenburg is a disgrace and should never referee again.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on October 29, 2012, 10:43:54 AM
Rumour has it that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as a "Spanish Tw*t", if true, then surely the FA have to treat it in similar manner to the John Terry case. Also, John Obi Mikel was rumoured to go into the referee's dressing room after the game to demand an apology over using derogtary language.

banned for life?

Surely Chelsea should be advocating the way they dealt with Terry? - no punishment.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 29, 2012, 10:33:44 AM
I am not entirely sure the first one was a red card. There was little or no contact and young went down far too easily.

Therein lies the problem. Even at our place there are cries of derision if anybody in a home shirt goes down and does'nt get a free kick or pen and sorry to say we do have, and had until recently, a couple of lightweights. Trying to stamp out 'simulation' is going to be tricky especially when players look 'to buy one for the team' or indeed 'take one for the team'. Riise was barely touched for his penalty a couple of weeks ago and does tend to fly through the air a bit. Balance that out by his near amputation against Villa that did'nt draw a free kick or a booking and you get that ridiculous 'win some lose some' expression. I think feigning an injury or making the most of an injury is taking something out of the game. Jason Roberts had Hughes in his back pocket and right at the last he could have easily outpaced and outmuscled him and been away. He chose to go down, got the free kick and ultimately his team got a result. I bet his manager did'nt tell him he should have stayed on his feet this morning. I think reputations have more influence than we would like to think these days and as you say Ashley Young went down as if shot and because it was Ivanovic, no stranger to misdemeanours on a pitch, the scales favoured the attacking player. I'm in a minority of one this morning in thinking Torres got found out. I still think, on one live viewing, that he was away from the tackle and it was his standing leg that he chose to collapse. I don't like getting at refs but Clattenburg did have a messy game however the prima donnas did'nt help. I heard the aforementioned Jason Roberts on the radio this morning joining in the Clattenburg debate. Is there no other spokesperson out there. If Clattenburg is nailed then retrospective video technology must come in for the likes of Ferdinand and Rooney who if my Nan was still alive would have them both over the belfast sink washing their mouths out this morning.

ToodlesMcToot

Why on Earth would you want him banned from the sport? Why hold him to a different standard than the players? He's just as human.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LordNelson

There's a "Spanish" race now???????  If he said it, it was unprofessional but hardly "racial."  Surely there's something besides that they are alleging.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

TonyGilroy

A referee can't use that sort of language and if he did that really should be the end of his career.

Same sort of thing as the Chief Whip calling the police plebs. People in authority have to be held to higher standards than the rest of us t***s and p***s.

It doesn't have to be racial in my opinion.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2012, 12:33:45 PM
A referee can't use that sort of language and if he did that really should be the end of his career.

Same sort of thing as the Chief Whip calling the police plebs. People in authority have to be held to higher standards than the rest of us t***s and p***s.

It doesn't have to be racial in my opinion.

Well, when officials with far more authority than Clattenberg are held to that standard I'll agree with you. But seeing as they aren't, he should be treated like the players have been.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Way back in my playing days, I was occasionally referred to as a Scottish git or twit or something similar by opposing players. Being a proud scot, I took it as a compliment that I was making their life difficult on the pitch. :59:

alfie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 29, 2012, 10:33:44 AM
Did not go down to Easy on this occasion, he was travelling at speed and his heal was clipped, i suggest you try running at that sort of speed and get someone to clip your heal, i reckon  that you will go down, at the very least stumble, in either case was a foul.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

i think this is getting a bit out of hand now, every week we see live at games or on tv players verbally abusing refs and not a dam thing is done about it, the ref alledgedly gives a bit back and the little babies start to cry.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Hmmm, when exactly did Spanish become a race?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JustOverTheRiver

Referees, lines men and 4th officials are all linked up via their microphones and ear pieces. One would hope that one of them would report any language deemed innapropriate.

Rupert

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on October 29, 2012, 02:28:54 PM
Referees, lines men and 4th officials are all linked up via their microphones and ear pieces. One would hope that one of them would report any language deemed innapropriate.

This is going to be fascinating.

The ref is linked to his assistants via a live mic, so he can not turn it off, so they and the fourth official will have heard every word. The referee observer, the bloke who marks the referee's report, can also be linked in if he so chooses, that may become mandatory now.
Does anyone know who the fouth official was?

If they have said nothing, this will go deeper than Clattenburg being in trouble, the other officials will have to explain themselves as well. This assumes Chelsea can prove that Clattenburg said whatever he is alleged to have said, for which they may well need some video evidence.
It may, of course, just be Chelsea trying to throw a strop over the whole Terry affair. We shall see.

Also, any odds that we will see refs suddenly get a lot less tolerant of the normal match day abuse they get?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: Rupert on October 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM
Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on October 29, 2012, 02:28:54 PM

This is going to be fascinating.

The ref is linked to his assistants via a live mic, so he can not turn it off, so they and the fourth official will have heard every word. The referee observer, the bloke who marks the referee's report, can also be linked in if he so chooses, that may become mandatory now.
Does anyone know who the fouth official was?

If they have said nothing, this will go deeper than Clattenburg being in trouble, the other officials will have to explain themselves as well. This assumes Chelsea can prove that Clattenburg said whatever he is alleged to have said, for which they may well need some video evidence.
It may, of course, just be Chelsea trying to throw a strop over the whole Terry affair. We shall see.

Also, any odds that we will see refs suddenly get a lot less tolerant of the normal match day abuse they get?

Chances are it is a Chelsea strop. It was the kind of game where the referee and the linesmen would be in constant dialogue so Clattenburg wouldn't forget he was mic'ed up.