Main Menu

Delusional Gerrard

Started by Ordar, October 30, 2012, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

This article made me laugh alot, so thought I'd share

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20135129

Steven Gerrard likens Everton's long-ball tactics to Stoke

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has likened Everton to Stoke, claiming their rivals used long-ball tactics during Sunday's Merseyside derby.

The Premier League match at Goodison Park ended 2-2 after Luis Suarez's late 'goal' for Liverpool was ruled out.

Gerrard, 32, said: "Every single time they get the ball to the goalkeeper it comes in long.

"There was only one team who came to play football and that was us. Everton are not better than us."

Merseyside derby match stats
                                       Everton   Liverpool  
Possession                          56.2%       43.8%
Passes                                400          314
Passing accuracy                  78.5%       76.8%
Proportion of long passes       13.8%        14.6%

The statistics, however, showed that Everton enjoyed greater possession, made more passes and completed proportionally fewer long passes than Liverpool.

Gerrard added: "I thought we were fantastic and stood up to a team that are very similar to Stoke.

"Everton are effective because they have some big, physical lads in the team. We had a young, small team out there who were men and stuck together."

The draw lifted Everton to fifth in the table. They are seven places and six points ahead of Liverpool.

filham

We may be saying similar things about Everton come 5pm on Saturday.

Travers Barney

I thought Everton reverted to their old approach on Sunday and don't think Gerrard was far off the mark with his comments.

Joe Allen must have been black and blue the next day after the kicking Fellini gave him.

Suarez was superb but yet again let himself down with that awful challenge on Distin.

Liverpool played the nicer football in my opinion and Sterling looks a good player.

Hate the media love in with Moyes...remember his first game in charge at Goodison when Graveson/Carson/Stubbs/Weir battered us into submission.

Hope we outfootball them Saturday.

coyw
We are the whites

HatterDon

I watched the entire match and much preferred Everton's football to Liverpool's. One thing I did notice is that Gerrard is a poor imitation of himself 2 or 3 years ago. But then again, aren't we all.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Travers Barney

Fair do's Hatter... it's all about opinions ....what did you make of Fellini's antics?

coyw
We are the whites

grimmynz

Quote from: Travers Barney on October 30, 2012, 07:57:46 PM
Fair do's Hatter... it's all about opinions ....what did you make of Fellini's antics?

I was a bit disappointed with Satyricon, but that's just a personal opinion

HatterDon

Quote from: grimmynz on October 30, 2012, 08:09:34 PM
Quote from: Travers Barney on October 30, 2012, 07:57:46 PM

I was a bit disappointed with Satyricon, but that's just a personal opinion

And this, ladies and germs, is why I love this site so much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel