watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petric 4th choice?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 30, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

He seems to be Jols 4th choice striker obviously Berbatov is his main man but he always goes on about how Ruiz is the most creative and that Rodallega stretches defences with his pace, he never says much about Petric but if he is our 4th choice striker then we are a really good team as he is a quality player

ToodlesMcToot

2nd choice to Berbatov? I don't believe he's competing with Rodallega, or anyone else, in Jol's preferred setup.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

epsomraver

Petric is a striker not an attacking midfielder as Ruiz, so the competition would be between him and Rodders and I think he should start

westcliff white

for me of we are to play 3 of the 4 then rodellaga sits out, if two then i would start ruiz and berba, but its close close between ruiz and petric.

but i do agree ruiz is an attacking midfielder while petric is a striker so too play petric ahead of rix you have to change to a 4-4-2 or drop berba into the so called hole
Every day is a Fulham day

CH FFC

Quote from: epsomraver on October 30, 2012, 06:41:30 PM
Petric is a striker not an attacking midfielder as Ruiz, so the competition would be between him and Rodders and I think he should start

True, but not
Ruiz is a midfielder here, but he is more adept at Striker than most would think.  He has spent a lot of time all over the top.  He really excells in a "deep" lying forward position or quite advanced Attacking Mid.  In any case he is much more attack minded, and wherever he plays attacking will be his focus.

I feel he is more of a forward than mid, perhaps not traditional striker.....it does take away from having another up front though IMO.

valdeingruo

I think it depends on the opponent to be honest. Berbatov will ALWAYS get the start provided he is fit. Jol likes his lone striker so it is a "luxury problem" as  he stated in a recent interview.  I would love to see Petric and Berba start a game together with Ruiz just behind them .

However it seems Rodellega will get the nod before, on most days and as pointed out Ruiz is more of a very attacking midfielder.

So i would say third choice. However he is one of the best Impact strikers weve ever had to come off the bench, seriously how many of us would have guessed a few years ago we could have Petric and let him start from the bench?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

luisfa

Berbatov, if match fit, should and will always start, he is our reference on the front
Ruiz has a special creativity and in my opinion is a must start also, and then comes Petric, a good striker, and last and least Rodallega, wich has been just ok

Fulham Far East

There have been quite a few rumor linking us with more forwards - most recently in Bent and Morimoto. Does this mean that Petric or Rodder will go some time in the near future? I like Rodder's work rate, but he seem to have a lot of his off day. I am another one who would like to see Petric and Berb playing together.

MontenegroWhite

Petrić should play with Berbatov, and Ruiz should play in midfield.

How long Berba will be injured, does anyone know?

cebu

Quote from: Fulham Far East on October 31, 2012, 09:18:31 AM
There have been quite a few rumor linking us with more forwards - most recently in Bent and Morimoto. Does this mean that Petric or Rodder will go some time in the near future? I like Rodder's work rate, but he seem to have a lot of his off day. I am another one who would like to see Petric and Berb playing together.

The rumours are just "paper talk", I suppose. Having said that, Petric is only on a one year contract, so he's not necessarily going to be with us next season.

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on October 31, 2012, 10:29:08 AM
Petrić should play with Berbatov, and Ruiz should play in midfield.

Couldn't agree more. Petric and Berbs could link up something special. Rodallegas pace often gets us no where...