watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal fest

Started by Kent Cassandra, October 31, 2012, 02:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent Cassandra

Has there ever been a professional league club involved in two consecutive matches producing more than the 18 goals at Reading. I have personally seen 17 in 1963 when Fulham played Ipswich at the cottage on the 26th December and won 10-1  and two days later played the away match and lost 4-2.
Mind you when I say I saw them it's not strictly true as at Portman Road it was so foggy that we couldn't see the other end.   
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

A Humble Man

I watched the the home game but could not get to the away one.  You used to get a lot of strange results in Christmas then as a lot of the players were blind drunk at kick off.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

mr-ska

If Fulham were 4-0 up against anyone i think even we could hold on to that lead. Although im not a massive fan of Arsenal..  i was pleased when they equalized.  Maybe the Reading fans were feeling how i felt when they scored with 2 seconds of normal time left on Saturday.

Of course i remember the Cold New Years eve when we were 4-0 down to Portsmouth only to see us pull it back to 4-4

Im looking forward to watching the highlights of the game on bbc1 tonight...i didnt get to see it live last night..  i  just want to see it for my own eyes.. how it actually panned out.

Travers Barney

To my shame I was at the Bridge that day with my cousin...Chelsea won 1-0 against Forest...Mickey Thomas scored....my brothers one Norwich and one one Fulham were both in attendance at Pompey...recall going mad as the result came in over the tannoy...bemused people looking at me....hollow sensation not being there.

coyw
We are the whites

Kent Cassandra

As I remember it the fog at Portman Road really hampered Haynes normally pinpoint long passes, he had to guess where the forwards were.
Leggat added to the 4 goals he had scored in the home match and my old mate Johnny Key got the other.    It was the conditions were terrible, absolutely unplayable but the match still went ahead. The excuse was that they didn't want to disappoint the travelling fans...well there was only two of us and we weren't asked. What a car journey home! Couldn't see your hand in front of your face, didn't get home to Barnes till the early hours.

Steven Ageroad

My memory is not as good as it used to be (How many of us say that these days!) but the 10-1 victory on Boxing Day, was that the match that the young Scottish player we had just bought from Arsenal made his debut and tore the oppositions defence apart, I think his name was Maranello. If that was not the game, someone will tell me.

Burt

Most goals I have seen in a match is 10.

Unfortunately, Liverpool scored them all... Still, it was quite a night.

Kent Cassandra

No it was another scotsman Graham Leggat who scored 4 and our centre forward, I think his name was Howfield got a hat trick... No idea who got the ball.
The liverpool 10 was up at Anfield I believe, our worst ever defeat. Brave man to go to that one!!!

TheDaddy

Liverpool 10 nil what a day Dry football special ,Filth were Filth marching us to the ground and then telling the bar staff not to serve us .If carlsberg made up fairy tales it would proberly be the best fairy tale in the world. fp.gif

"THERES ONLY ONE TERRY ANGUS"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Burt on November 01, 2012, 07:40:36 PM
Most goals I have seen in a match is 10.

Unfortunately, Liverpool scored them all... Still, it was quite a night.

I was there.. I remember a group of us chanting 'we want one' lol.. Actually was quite a fun trip on the coach back.. It was one of those 'you have to laugh or you'd cry' moments...