watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sendaros - Sub

Started by cheerupjimmyhill, November 03, 2012, 12:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheerupjimmyhill

Interested to know what people think if we are winning by one goal with ten mins to go should we or indeed should we have done in last couple of games bring on sendaros and take off an attacking player to help deal with the aerial threat which is obviously a problem at the moment.

I know he has his doubters but he is strong in the air and does attack the ball. It could be seen as a negative substitution but i feel an effective one nonetheless.

zzamora

Kerim Frei just tweeted something that suggests that Senderos is starting today, as well as Petric.

Which would be a good thing RE defence. Senderos, for me, is better than Hughes right now, and would give us more protection in the air in Set Pieces and could do well.

Unfairly scapegoated last season.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 12:51:42 PM
Kerim Frei just tweeted something that suggests that Senderos is starting today, as well as Petric.

Which would be a good thing RE defence. Senderos, for me, is better than Hughes right now, and would give us more protection in the air in Set Pieces and could do well.

If Petric is starting sounds like Berba might be on the bench

zzamora

Quote from: MasterHaynes on November 03, 2012, 02:08:33 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on November 03, 2012, 12:51:42 PM

If Petric is starting sounds like Berba might be on the bench

Or not. Neither Petric or Senderos start!

domprague

I thought we needed Senderos and his physicality against Everton. We looked outmuscled by Fellaini.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Andy_M

The only problem with Senderos is that too often when he is involved in physical battles for a whole game (i.e. if he was up against Felliani all game) he gives away a lot of fouls as he is so focused on winning that physical battle and thus invites pressue on from set pieces or in the worse case scenario giving away a penalty.
@got_maile

FFCAli

I think that makes sense.  We were saying that during the match on Saturday  -  and in effect that's what Moyes did, taking off Jelavic for Distin.  Thankfully it didn't do them much good!

Forever Fulham

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  No, I take that back.  He got in position and poked it in.  Well done.

Forever Fulham

Apologies all around.  I was thinking of Sidwell and his goal, not Senderos.  No more multitasking for me!

EJL

Quote from: Andy_M on November 05, 2012, 03:24:42 PM
The only problem with Senderos is that too often when he is involved in physical battles for a whole game (i.e. if he was up against Felliani all game) he gives away a lot of fouls as he is so focused on winning that physical battle and thus invites pressue on from set pieces or in the worse case scenario giving away a penalty.
Has Senderos ever given away a penalty for us?

michaelread

Quote from: EJL on November 06, 2012, 12:00:48 AM
Quote from: Andy_M on November 05, 2012, 03:24:42 PM
Has Senderos ever given away a penalty for us?

now now, lets not let facts get in the way of a good scapegoating EJL! Thats not how things are done around here!