watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise

Started by Herbie, November 03, 2012, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

What was going on with Riise today?  His mind looked to be elsewhere in the first half.  

There was a cross in the first half that he just let go and left Jelavic (I think) with a free header at the back post, which he missed, thankfully.  Then was the time where someone was cutting in to the box and Riise just jockeyed back and let him get a shot away.  Diarra gave him a bit of hairdryer treatment, which then led to Riise giving away a stupid free kick as he went diving in during their next attack down that wing.

Something just didn't seem right with him today.

cottage cheese

he was pissed off. Kaca failed to mark his man and riise was left with 2/3 against him every time.

LBNo11

...he was poor today, did he make more than one tackle the whole game? I can only think of one...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Oiseau

Riise looked injured to me. I sit towards the front of Johnny Haynes stand right in front of Riise's wing during the first half and he didn't look right. He was pulling up, moving comparatively slowly and seemed unable to do his signature sprints along the wing.

Although Coleman was an absolute handful (Kaca didn't do a brilliant job covering but improved as the match went on), there seemed to be something wrong with Riise. His fitness didn't quite seem to be there which I can only presume was because of injury. After his stellar performance against Villa, it was disappointing to see him in such a way. Riise's frustration was obvious.

os5889

He was injured early on per SSN and then went off as it eventually got the better of him. May have to recall Briggs if its a bad one

Riverside

Riise was injured .
Not protected by Kaca  ( who had to take Duff as a mentor )
If Riise is injured for next week Briggs recalled or Richardson ? ( Bairdinho cannot do everything ! )

nose

riis got hurt making a tackle in the first half, he should have gone off no later than half time it was foolish to keep him on.

H3Matt

Good thing he got injured, he was looking at getting a second yellow! That lunge was so stupid.
Looks like we may have to recall Briggs. Richardson can play LB but he's the same as Baird. He can play that position but it's not a preferred one.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Quote from: H3Matt on November 03, 2012, 10:16:53 PM
Good thing he got injured, he was looking at getting a second yellow! That lunge was so stupid.
Looks like we may have to recall Briggs. Richardson can play LB but he's the same as Baird. He can play that position but it's not a preferred one.
I blame Diarra for the tackle that led to the booking. A minute or two before he gave Riise a right mouthful and tried to show him how to defend. Next attack Riise just took the bloke out.
I also saw Riether given a bollocking by Diarra as well.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I do think Riise was missing the defensive side that Richardson's game has over Kacaniklic. It all comes with experience, and this is a lad that's still growing. But yes, must be incredibly frustrating as a full back to get little to no help. Did make 6 interceptions mind...

Horse

Quote from: MJG on November 03, 2012, 10:30:58 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on November 03, 2012, 10:16:53 PM
I blame Diarra for the tackle that led to the booking. A minute or two before he gave Riise a right mouthful and tried to show him how to defend. Next attack Riise just took the bloke out.
I also saw Riether given a bollocking by Diarra as well.
fp.gif

ffc73

The surprising aspect for me yesterday was that Richardson went from starting at Reading to not on the bench at all.  I thought he should be dropped for Kaca but with his versatility a seat on the bench instead of the Greek seemed sensible to me. 

Duff can fill in at left back but is wasted there and Baird will play anywhere but he uses he left leg to stand on.

Basil

Richardson was ill.

ffc73

Thanks Basil.  Missed that news

JackyFulham90

Riise picked up an injury? If he is out next week who would you have there? Duff? Or put Richardson at left back?