watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jol

Started by nose, November 03, 2012, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

By and large I have liked what Jol has done this season but he got the tactics wrong today.
For a few games I have thought the central midfield pair have been both too advanced too often. Most teams, with good reason have a holding player that sits just in front of the centre backs and that is what we desperately needed today. Fellani was imense and needed to be picked up as he drifted deep, we just let him have the freedom of the pitch. Everton were ver y good but they are a bit of a one man team too and if baird would have sat deeper we might have had more chances to build.
We were also too pedestrian, too often in possesion we waited too long. Ruiz was imense against reading but today was simply crowded out too often by everton because nobody supported him or made runs to pull defenders away.
petric should have been on as soon as they went ahead, we looked better with baird at LB and petric up front because he is a proper forward, berbatov driops deep far too often and so again we invited them onto us.

Fortunately moyes made a fatal error with his last substitution, I wonder if it was an error to bring on distain (I think) when all he had too do was sit on his hands.

still it's about time we got an undeserved point, I for one was extremely pleased.

Oh and the tactics of people that leave early, what is wrong with them? A game is 90mins and with only one goal in it why leave, the theater of football is that the unexpected happens more often than you think!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: nose on November 03, 2012, 09:35:01 PM

Fortunately moyes made a fatal error with his last substitution, I wonder if it was an error to bring on distain (I think) when all he had too do was sit on his hands.

still it's about time we got an undeserved point, I for one was extremely pleased.

Oh and the tactics of people that leave early, what is wrong with them? A game is 90mins and with only one goal in it why leave, the theater of football is that the unexpected happens more often than you think!

He and Everton deserved what they got  pity we didn't get a third .............. might stop him making subs to kill time ....................and didn't they take  their sweet time going off ??
They are a settled side with the ref on their side with a hoof and slight of hand style , we were not that bad, played lovely football in parts  

I was surprised at the early leaver ............... haven't seen that for a while perhaps it was because on the cancelled trains and station closures  

Aaron

epsomraver

By and large I have liked what Jol has done this season but he got the tactics wrong today.

I agree with that bit and some of the rest, it took us 1hr 45 minutes to do a  usual 45 minute trip home so I don't blame some on going early, If Everton had scored a third I would have joined them, the game was very poor from a Fulham perspective.

JackyFulham90

JBH

MJ put his hands up and said we were outclassed today by Stoke (oops sorry Everton) but we stuck in there and got a point, last week the boot was on the other foot and shows that in the Premier League the game ain't over til the final whistle blows, point won 7th in the table and still people moan  065.gif