watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Zamora hates playing football

Started by os5889, November 04, 2012, 10:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Apparently doesn't watch TV, hates the game, hates the finger pointing, it's just  a job to him.

Just on Sunday Supplement at the moment

064.gif

os5889

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227431/Bobby-Zamora-says-QPR-game-massive.html

Zamora: They are all pointing the finger at us... every game now is massive
By MARTHA KELNER

Bobby Zamora does not care for football. He groans at the expectation that he should constantly talk about it, never watches games and changes the channel when sport news comes on TV.
'For so many years football has been your life and it's all everyone wants to talk about, everywhere you go,' said Zamora. 'I don't like talking about it. I'm not a massive football fan, really. Quite a lot more players than let on are the same.'
'I don't watch games on an evening or anything like that,' added Zamora, before the QPR striker faces Reading on Sunday — a high-stakes battle of the Premier League's only two winless teams.

Not interested: Bobby Zamora is not a football fan

'A lot of people find it strange [that I don't like football]. I'm not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don't want to get involved.'
Even for a player so detached from the noise accompanying football, the speculation around manager Mark Hughes' fragile tenure at Loftus Road has not gone unnoticed. QPR are bottom, with a dismal three points from nine matches.
There is speculation that defeat by Reading, who are one point and two places above them, could prompt the end of Hughes' time at QPR.
Owner Tony Fernandes has again thrown his support behind Hughes, but unless the raft of new players signed in the summer pull together to bring about a much-needed victory, senior officials are likely to lose patience.
'Fingers are being pointed at Mark and the pressure is on for him and us,' said Zamora. 'But he's a good manager and Tony Fernandes is right behind him.
'Tony was down at the training ground the other day and said that to the lads as well. He is a very down-to-earth, relaxed guy, so I don't think he's somebody who will do anything hasty.
'Every game now is massive. We'll work our socks off to get the three points because they're desperately needed. We all know that teams around us, like Reading, are the ones which we should be picking points up against.'
Zamora worked under Hughes at  Fulham and is one of several players, including Nedum Onuoha and Ryan Nelsen, who have played for the boss at previous clubs. He praised Hughes' '21st century management style' and insisted he was the right man for a 'club that wants to grow and go places'.
'Mark is loyal,' said Zamora, 'I wouldn't have come to QPR if he hadn't been there. He's a good character and he's done everything in the game. He's very professional, has all the stats, video analysis and made the right signings.'
Nelsen said he 'felt sorry' for Hughes, attributing the poor run — three points from the last 51 on offer – to 'variables' outside the manager's control.
'The most frustrating thing is that the performances have been there but the points haven't,' said Nelsen.
'There have been a number of things, guys getting sent off, silly individual mistakes. It's been frustrating for me so I can't imagine how it's been for the manager. It's horrible because if we make a mistake or get sent off it's the manager taking the full responsibility, so I feel bad for him.'
If Hughes was feeling the pressure, it was not apparent on Friday.
He questioned how many times owner Fernandes had to make emphatic declarations of support before suggestions of an imminent departure abate.
With matches against Stoke and Southampton following Reading, an answer is likely to arrive soon.

leonffc

I remember reading similar when he played for us

SKSW6

Rhys Lightning 63

I don't think he's the only player, as Sunday Supplement said. I remember Mark Viduka didn't like playing football, he was 'good' at it and it gave him a living so he went wit hit
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LBNo11

...referring to mr am6it0n zamora says "Mark is loyal" - oh really? Well, to money perhaps...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RoyTund

Doesn't like football?  Zamora retired in January anyway didn't he?

Fernhurst

It was quite painful for us to watch him attempt to play football sometimes.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Berserker

I would have thought even if you didn't particularly like watching other teams you should as a proffessional footballer, just to see how future opponents play, pick up hint and  tips plus info to be able to out wit them on the pitch.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

I assume that he pleaded with Mr Ambition to be put on the bench today.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

Quote from: Berserker on November 04, 2012, 12:33:04 PM
I would have thought even if you didn't particularly like watching other teams you should as a proffessional footballer, just to see how future opponents play, pick up hint and  tips plus info to be able to out wit them on the pitch.

Nah. With him, a bit of ear-cupping to the crowd, a large helping of arrogance and then pocketing the cash has been quite enough involvement.

How things improved here when he slunk off ! 

God The Mechanic

Most clubs employ people to do that, so why should footballers waste their time doing their own research?!

Jimbobob

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 04, 2012, 03:48:54 PM

Most clubs employ people to do that, so why should footballers waste their time doing their own research?!

Because that is what makes one a true professional. Different sport but in tackle football players spend hours watching film. No difference here. You are lazy and not a professional if you don't.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

cmg

" I'm not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don't want to get involved."

-Look out, Mark - he's after your job.

The whole thing reads like an in-depth analysis from someone with no interest in football.

NEXT WEEK -Brian Sewell on 'Can Liverpool recover their former glory?'

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Jimbobob on November 04, 2012, 04:01:01 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 04, 2012, 03:48:54 PM

Because that is what makes one a true professional. Different sport but in tackle football players spend hours watching film. No difference here. You are lazy and not a professional if you don't.

Most players aren't "professional" on t eh pitch, why should they do it off the pitch? ;)

I agree absolutely with you btw, it's just I don't have particularly big expectations for most players.  Also, wasn't the crazy keeper from Dream Team (waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when) one of "those" who did his own research on players?  If that's what happens when you research then you can't blame players for not doing it!

MOR :

ron

Quote from: cmg on November 04, 2012, 04:03:13 PM

I always thought he'd been a wing-half with Woofterhampton Wanderers..?

Count Berbatov

Quote from: cmg on November 04, 2012, 04:03:13 PM
" I'm not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don't want to get involved."

-Look out, Mark - he's after your job.

The whole thing reads like an in-depth analysis from someone with no interest in football.

;D

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

HatterDon

If European footballers are anything like athletes in American pointy football, basketball, and hockey, then I'd say between 25-40% don't watch games they're not playing in, consider it a job, and won't watch it when they are no longer playing.

That's really not all that unusual.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BraveDaveFFC

:005:Thanks CMG on the Brian Sewell on Liverpool comment! Having bad day at work but that tickled me! Great post!!!!!