watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz on the right?

Started by JackyFulham90, November 04, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Before I get shouted at I agree he is far better in the number 10 role but he did play on the right for Twente, was juat wondering what people thought to him out there as with him & Berbatov upfront they are top class but lack pace, Duff can't go on forever but we have Dejagah so it must be so tough for Jol he is not going to want to leave Ruiz out because of how good he is, I know I will get slates but what about a front line up of

Ruiz Diarra Baird Dejagah

Berbatov

Rodallega

Could it work?

MJG

Ruiz being asked to do any kind of a defensive job is a dead loss to be honest. I only see him up front in a two or top of a midfield 3 behind one or two strikers. There was one stage in the first half yesterday he came back to pick the ball up off of Hughes I think, and was level with Hughes and Hangeland. I must admit I was wishing him forward or for the players not to pass to him. A real liability in our own half,  unless most of the team are behind him.

Zu-Meister

jol likes pace on the wings, plus ruiz wouldnt give the right back enough cover.

JackyFulham90

Very true he doesn't track back enough, its a very good thing with our attacking options as no team will know what strikers we are going to put out but I worry the chopping and changing will not allow a true partnership up top to show