watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell's celebration

Started by epsomraver, November 05, 2012, 01:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Mate of mine who sits in H7 remarked to me that he was suprised that after Sidwell scored only berb and a couple of others went over and congratulated him, captain Hangeland just ran back up the pitch, usually the scorer disappears under a mountain of bodies, did any one else notice, I couldn,t see as i was up the back of H2

Andy_M

Can't say I really paid that much attention.

Although I did notice Berbatov's passion when Sidwell scored - much like his goal against Reading. He really does seem to be 'up for it' and enjoying playing for us. It really looks like it means something to him, a massive contrast from his celebrations at United over the past 2 or 3 seasons.
@got_maile

MasterHaynes

Ruiz and Duff definitely went to him

epsomraver

Yes he said a couple of others did as well as Berb, but it was noticable that not many did?

MontenegroWhite

Maybe they were concentrating on not to concede late again, so they didnt celebrate it as usually  :D

Airfix

After what happened three minutes after we got our third against Reading, I am not disappointed that our defenders decided to get into a good position early!

MOR :

What has happened of late is that the majority of the team go to celebrate the goal all at one end...so wasting some time (like Arsenal do).

I actually think it's a good idea. But didn't really read anything into the lack of celebration with Sidwell...(Mind you he is ex-filth)...

Chesh

Maybe most of them were just too embarrassed to celebrate the steal of a point after that 'performance' - wouldn't think it was personal or anything
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

epsomraver

Just thought Brede as captain should have bothered that's all

zzamora

Players not celebrating with sidwell?

JOL OUT!

I really don't know why people pick up on such trivial things. Boredom probably.

A Humble Man

Dempsey was never popular at the club.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

FFCAli

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on November 05, 2012, 02:08:33 PM
Maybe they were concentrating on not to concede late again, so they didnt celebrate it as usually  :D
+1

mccscratch

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 05, 2012, 02:54:45 PM

Bob Dylan is the most over-rated musician of his generation...

feels good to tell lies doesn't it...  :wum:
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

Quote from: ddeuce on November 05, 2012, 02:42:19 PM

JOL OUT!

I really don't know why people pick up on such trivial things. Boredom probably.

Th reason he picked up on it is because it could point to disquiet in the dressing room which could in turn explain the poor performance by the team, I think it is a perfectly reasonable thing to comment on and ask a question about.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on November 05, 2012, 04:27:39 PM

JOL OUT!

Th reason he picked up on it is because it could point to disquiet in the dressing room which could in turn explain the poor performance by the team, I think it is a perfectly reasonable thing to comment on and ask a question about.

Although this has been seemingly disproven by the picture above.

I thought we had gotten past the whole 'trouble in the dressing room' schtick?

zzamora

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 05, 2012, 04:31:53 PM

JOL OUT!

Yeap, this board has got bored with life.

Boggers

Who cares? I had a great time celebrating it  :yay:
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 05, 2012, 04:31:53 PM

JOL OUT!

If you read the thread properly you will see that what he said was only two or three players bothered to go over and that is borne out in the picture, usually they all go over and jump about, so his question was why only the three and no captain?

MasterHaynes

So everything has changed since last week when the whole team Jumped on Richardson ?

I think Montenegrowhite hit it on the head, I'm sure Jol made his point on concentrating for the 90 minutes not celebrating a win even a second before the whistle and feel like idiots as we did against Southampton and Reading where we nearly lost both at the death.

A Humble Man

Quote from: mccscratch on November 05, 2012, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on November 05, 2012, 02:54:45 PM

Bob Dylan is the most over-rated musician of his generation...

feels good to tell lies doesn't it...  :wum:

His team-mates rarely rushed over to congratulate him when he scored.
We Are Fulham, Believe.