watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Howard

Started by TheDon, November 05, 2012, 06:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDon

Did not clap the home fans at the start of the second half; Does he hold a grudge against Fulham for the way they treated Dempsey?'

Yellow Jacket

Mountain out of a molehill for me. Do all away players have to clap the opposing fans? He doesn't have to care about the opposing supporters. I wouldn't necessarily be pleased with the players not clapping their own supporters regardless of home or away.

SaltfordWhite

It might be because his country were once subjects of the empire.

ScalleysDad

Have to say that the volume of that applause has dwindled over the last few games, towards the end of last season included. Jo Hart was applauding back from about half way but I can't recall another keeper 'getting it'. It seems to be more stop start and spread out now as opposed to the mass spontaneous show of respect it used to be. He simply might not have picked up on it. From P2 the applause for the first half time goal was louder and seemingly from all sides of the ground. The Everton fans did not acknowledge Shwarz, bit tricky I suppose as he was there for most of the half time break, but it will be a real shame if this important part of 'being us' suffers from tourism. 

AlFayedsChequebook

Good to see my joke was taken seriously

:dft011:

RidgeRider

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on November 05, 2012, 06:32:06 PM

:011:  :54:

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 05, 2012, 08:19:10 PM

Marcus Hahnemann and Brad Friedel have both applauded us so that can't be it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RidgeRider

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 05, 2012, 08:21:17 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 05, 2012, 08:19:10 PM

Marcus Hahnemann and Brad Friedel have both applauded us so that can't be it

doesn't matter, it was still funny....

zzamora

:clap_hands:

064.gif

:Haynes The Maestro:

NorthernWhite

I met Tim Howard yesterday in a local restaurant with some Everton supporting friends. When I mentioned I supported Fulham he was happy to chat about the game and didn't throw any food at me so no, I think he's fine with us....

Very nice guy though and happy to have a chat.

Scrumpy

It doesn't help when the opposing team comes out first, and our lot arrive on the pitch at about the same time as their goalie reaches his goal area. We're all aplauding the Fulham team as they come out, and the Away Goalie at the same time. All very confusing for everyone!

It would be a shame if the practice fizzled out. It's one of the better things that marks us out from other fans.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LRCN

Peabody

It was simply because at the same time as he got to his penalty area, the Fulham team came out and it was not clear that the applause was for him. Any does it really matter, sometimes we take things very seriously, dont we?

Steven Ageroad

It's always made me proud that most of the Hammy end applaud the away teams keeper at the start of the 2nd half and I've noticed that a lot of them respond,but it also made me think how many other teams supporters do the same , does anyone know?

TheDon

TWFL