watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wanted list in Jan.

Started by Jambo, November 05, 2012, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

For me I would love to see Douglas from Twente.  Strong, pacy centre back that I think would fit right into our side.  The other is probably less likely to happen but one (if I was Jol) would pursue....... Ali Faurlin from QPR.  Very good footballer who I think would fit the bill for Jol and the style of our side.  Many of my QPR mates are at a complete loss as to why Hughes does not pick him.  Every time I've seen him I've been impressed and at only 25 is a good age.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JackyFulham90

I think Douglas would be a top signing and we need a centre midfielder maybe Jol can find one from Bundesliga

CH FFC

Wanted in January ~
Defence -  Douglas is a good choice, but there are others that could work too.
Midfield - again there are a number that could be a real improvement here.

Summer - Keeper, midfield, another defender or two

Some players I would like to see mentioned with a FFC link.
Jetro Willems
Christian Ericksen
Ilkay Gundogan
Marvin Martin

Probably not going to happen, but it would be nice!

DevonFFC

Quote from: CH FFC on November 05, 2012, 09:33:01 PM
Wanted in January ~

Jetro Willems
Christian Ericksen
Ilkay Gundogan
Marvin Martin

Christian erickson... You having a giggle.... He is a class above

os5889

Quote from: ollienixs on November 05, 2012, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: CH FFC on November 05, 2012, 09:33:01 PM
Wanted in January ~

Jetro Willems
Christian Ericksen
Ilkay Gundogan
Marvin Martin

Christian erickson... You having a giggle.... He is a class above

Made me chuckle too, we can dream

os5889

Trying to be realistic we need a central midfielder and a bit of defensive cover.

Though I'm not keen the Douglas deal appears a formality.

Centrally I do wonder if the Palacios rumour had anything to it in the summer, he clearly has no future at Stoke. Now they have Adam they could be more willing to sell. A bit of a risk as there is a reason he's not playing at Stoke, does he still have the drive and quality he had at Spurs or is it just a personality clash. Could be key to his future.

Another option -Chris Eagles? Just thinking out loud

leonffc

Quote from: os5889 on November 05, 2012, 09:53:16 PM
Trying to be realistic we need a central midfielder and a bit of defensive cover.

Centrally I do wonder if the Palacios rumour had anything to it in the summer, he clearly has no future at Stoke. Now they have Adam they could be more willing to sell. A bit of a risk as there is a reason he's not playing at Stoke, does he still have the drive and quality he had at Spurs or is it just a personality clash. Could be key to his future.

I'd rather Huddlestone over Palacios. We need a play maker and Palacios isn't one, he's a poor mans Sidwell. That's not saying I want Huddlestone by the way. I'd just rather him.

os5889

Quote from: leonffc on November 05, 2012, 09:58:08 PM
Quote from: os5889 on November 05, 2012, 09:53:16 PM

I'd rather Huddlestone over Palacios. We need a play maker and Palacios isn't one, he's a poor mans Sidwell. That's not saying I want Huddlestone by the way. I'd just rather him.

Huddlestone did come into my thoughts but he is playing regularly and Spurs are still in the Europa league, I just doubt he'll be leaving in a hurry. Don't get me wrong I think he'd be a top acquisition if available, just don't feel he would be.

CH FFC

:011:
I did say probably not, but would love to see!
I do not think it impossible, but very very very unlikely....as for most others on that list.  Marvin Martin would be great as well!
How about Vlad Chiriches of Steaua Bukarest?  Strong center back that has loads of potential.  If he isn't plucked by a top side, I would love to have a look.

How about Moussa Sissoko?  I like the thought of that too!

Count Berbatov

Anderson. Man Utd. He's very good, except criminally underrated by most and might get frustrated with limited options to play. That's if SAF lets him go. It's great to see him get the ball and attack the space and spray the passes like he does. Though this might make him too similar to Ruiz. That said, I have seen him play deep ala Scholes. Would be great if he'd agree
Anderson - Skills & Goals - HD
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JackyFulham90

Peter Whittingham was a summer target maybe we shall try for him again

os5889

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on November 05, 2012, 10:32:09 PM
Peter Whittingham was a summer target maybe we shall try for him again

Signed a new 3 year deal for Cardiff in the summer, also they are top of the league and he really wants to come up with the red/blue/purple birds.

Really grounded fellow too, met him when I went along to a game down there earlier in the year, told him he should have joined us too!

Walsh

What would you guys think of Darren Fletcher joining us? he is rarely used at Manchester United and is a pretty decent midfielder, just a thought.

leonffc

Quote from: Walsh on November 06, 2012, 03:52:54 AM
What would you guys think of Darren Fletcher joining us? he is rarely used at Manchester United and is a pretty decent midfielder, just a thought.

Can't stand him. He winges and moans more than his surrogate dad, Fergie. Plus with his bowel problems it might be a bit of a gamble.

MJG

JackyFulham90

simplyfulham

I'm going to keep saying Jordy Classie's name until either Jol sees it, or his association to Fulham achieves significance in Googles search engine rankings!

Boggers

What about Stuart Holden from Bolton? Has he recovered from his injury now?

We'd top up our Yank quota too  :hook:
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

ToodlesMcToot

079.gif
Quote from: Boggers on November 06, 2012, 01:11:39 PM
What about Stuart Holden from Bolton? Has he recovered from his injury now?

We'd top up our Yank quota too  :hook:

Back with the team but I don't believe he's in full training. American quota aside, IF he comes back full strength, he'd be one helluva a signing IMO. Was a very good player before his injury.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MOR :

Albrighton from Villa
Oussama Assaidi from Liverpool
Danny Simpson from Newcastle
Kyle Naughton from Spurs
James Tomkins from West Ham