watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Day out at Arsenal

Started by Herbie, November 06, 2012, 08:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

I'll be making my first trip to the Emirates on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for pubs that are friendly to away fans but also serves a decent pint?   082.gif

JBH

There is a Pub near the rear of the emirates called the Park Tavern which is fine for away fans but to be honest I have been to a few pubs around the ground and have never had any issues. Enjoy your day out :beer:

A Humble Man

I do not think their are any Gooner Ultras so as long as you do not act stupidly, like singing Fulham songs in a pub full of Arsenal supporters, you will be OK.   It is completely different from Spurs even though it is not far away. 

London is a lots of disparate villages artificially joined together into a city.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

leonffc

I'm waiting to see if I get a ticket in the Arse end. If I do I'll be drinking with my provider but I'm happy to meet up with any Fulham for a beer after if you're hanging about

Scrumpy

I'm not going to this one but I do know that The Canal Bar on Caledonian Road, which is a short walk from Kings Cross station, always lays on a good spread for Fulham fans. The owner is a Fulham fan and you tend to get a good 50-100 old faces in there pre-match. The trouble is, you then have to pop back onto the train for a couple of stops to The Emirates.

Or, as others have said, quite a few friendly pubs locally, as long as you're sensible.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Herbie

By away friendly I just meant somewhere that won't stop me going in because I'm wearing something fulham-related.

I was just wonderig if anyone had any recommendations as I normally have a look on beerintheevening to find somewhere where you can get a good choice of beer, but it can be a bit unreliable sometimes if the reviews are out of date.

Mrs Herbie is away for the weekend, so it is a good opportunity to explore some new pubs.

:beer:

Travers Barney

Canal 125 has always been a hit.

Always whack a bit of Toots and The Maytals on the music front too.

A late Ruiz screamer claiming all 3 pts...just imagine.

COYW
We are the whites

JimmyDunnesBum

i'll be in the gunners down the blackstock rd . it's an arsenal boozer , obviously , but it's also a good old fashioned london afternoon out , sing song and all . 

HillingdonFFC

Canal 125 gets a load of old faces and is very welcoming but a little poncey for my liking .The Drayton Arms was always popular with away fans .We normally do a crawl from Archway up the Holloway Rd to the Emirates or Upper Street from the Angel. Masses of pubs and bars in a mile radius of the ground,loads of traditional old pubs too .

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: JimmyDunnesBum on November 06, 2012, 08:31:32 PM
i'll be in the gunners down the blackstock rd . it's an arsenal boozer , obviously , but it's also a good old fashioned london afternoon out , sing song and all . 

The Woodbine was always the best boozer on Blackstock Rd ,not sure what its like now